One year later: Matchmaking suggestions V2.0 -With pictures!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Rub U Rong Tym

01-22-2013

bump

KidIKarus

01-24-2013

I like this proposed system, however i feel like it will give trolls reason to come up with more elaborate plots. Imagine toxic groups that draw one or two players into matchs where a majority of the team is intent on throwing the game. Also what of the current elo system? Will players be limited to lobbying in groups of similar elo, or will system of averaging the teams overall elo have to be implemented? If the laters the case matchs where higher elo summoners are pitted against a less skilled counter parts could be even worse than having a troll and very frustrating for anyone trying to move up in the rankings. Albiet this holds true in the current system with the use of smurfs and general skill difference, but I feel like this proposed system will increase the frequency of such events. However other than these points I feel like a lobby area holds more than a small bit of merit, and should be implemented is some form or another. Other than highest salute for look to solve the current problem rather than QQing about it.

Clyonoshi

01-24-2013

This system is real nice. It reminds me of some other games I used to play, and it really is great. It allows you to communicate and make a team you are happy with, before you decide to go in. The real horror of LoL games is the random factor of being teamed up with trolls.

Bump this! We need a Red!

Private Riem

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidIKarus View Post
I like this proposed system, however i feel like it will give trolls reason to come up with more elaborate plots. Imagine toxic groups that draw one or two players into matchs where a majority of the team is intent on throwing the game. Also what of the current elo system? Will players be limited to lobbying in groups of similar elo, or will system of averaging the teams overall elo have to be implemented? If the laters the case matchs where higher elo summoners are pitted against a less skilled counter parts could be even worse than having a troll and very frustrating for anyone trying to move up in the rankings. Albiet this holds true in the current system with the use of smurfs and general skill difference, but I feel like this proposed system will increase the frequency of such events. However other than these points I feel like a lobby area holds more than a small bit of merit, and should be implemented is some form or another. Other than highest salute for look to solve the current problem rather than QQing about it.
The way players are matched together in a lobby is not different than the way they are matched as a team right now

iainB85

01-24-2013

Never forget!

Kupkup

01-25-2013

Never forget

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

One of my finest upvotes for you, sir. I may actually go back to playing ranked if they implement something like this.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidIKarus View Post
I like this proposed system, however i feel like it will give trolls reason to come up with more elaborate plots. Imagine toxic groups that draw one or two players into matchs where a majority of the team is intent on throwing the game...
Agreeing a little.
I can actually see a problem here as well. I can see someone who got solo'd into your group who has friends that are solo queuing as well telling his friends who you all have planned to play, so their friends can ban those champions if you happen to be paired up against them(people are already using this strat to help their friends get free elo and some features of this system would help this underhanded behavior)

Private Riem

01-26-2013

I'd like to thank everybody that is keeping my thread bumped in these times when I don't have the time to do it myself.

dufy7

01-28-2013

Bump