Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who is the most OP Champion for a beginner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deejed

Recruiter

06-17-2012

For guides,
try
lolpro.com

as a beginner i would say tank dps, or bruisers, guys that do damage and yet still can survive a bit, master yi yes, maybe something like jax or irelia too
-deejed

BattleBootyRiven

06-17-2012

Quote:
Tagmonkey:
Try Caitlyn.

She's got huge range, so you can stay away from the middle of the fight and do damage. She's got a great gap closer/escape in her Yordle Trap and she can clear waves early.

she sucks and falls of late game. you're better of playing graves///ashe///

Shotgun Mk 40

06-17-2012

for me, being melee exclusive, and i also like to be really tanky, i suggest Renekton. hes very op and can have very high damage, and even though he's alot of money, he's worth the extra IP or RP.

PowderToast

Recruiter

06-17-2012

Warwick is my main. I'd suggest you go to Solomid.net considering that is the "homepage" for one of the consistently "top 3" ranked teams in most of the LoL tournaments.

I would say especially for practicing jungling you should consider playing AI beginner and then intermediate before going into PvP because most normal blind PvP matches there do not seem to be any jungling champs. usually it is Top 2 Mid 1 Bot 2.

I think you need to first find what type of champ you enjoy. For example Soroka can be an AP Mid. But also she is used more often as an AP Support. And in this role most of the time you will be healing your team, buying items that have "Auras" to help in team fights, and getting more assits if anything.

Then there are AD carries. Master Yi has been mentioned. he is defiantly a very easy to play champ.but he is also a champ easily screwed up and becomes master "Feed". A better choice might be somebody like Garen who has CC and silences mages.

Then there are your ranged/ranged carries typically AD.
Ashe is the most common in this category. Again very easy to screw up. But also very easy to figure out and destroy with. Kill Stealing like a mo but also, killing in general and taking out entire lanes on her own. Varus is a newer champ in this same category. Vieger mentioned earlier also is a very good choice for beginners in the world of AP/AD Carries. Just remember not to be the first on into battle but the one who stuns, slows, destroys with the help of your tanks.

Some other easier champs in my experience have been Annie and Teemo.

Just play around. Read build guides from Solomid. ANd Play a lot of custom and CoOp vs. AI battles to practice. Also, take advantage of free weeks. enjoy them if you enjoy them enough buy them with your IP.

Hope this helps.

Judicator Anael

06-17-2012

Well I can disagree with the majority about Ashe

When I joined, I couldn't aim to save my life... kinda important

Hitmanb0b

06-17-2012

Annie. She gets a stun every 4 spells she uses so you can drop her ult on their heads and then hit them with your two other damage spells while your ult (which is a minion) deals damage to them as well. If they still have health left an ignite should do the trick and send them packing.

Araragat

06-17-2012

Try Ryze. Build mana and cool down reduction. Make sure you're quick with your spells as each spell cast reduces the rest of your spell's cool down. Good luck.

FOE Odin Borson

06-17-2012

I find for people learning the game Dr. Mundo and WW are nice picks, incredible sustain without really knowing how to sustain and innate tankiness. Soraka can also be a good pick to help win games as you can just heal teammates and learn to ward early which will help you with map awareness alot.

supernova77

06-18-2012

Ashe is easiest of all champ to begin with... although I would suggest to start off with tank or support type players coz if u take dps and keep on dying u ll be unfortunatedly reported :P

u can try following--->
Ashe-easiest of all
Kayle- hybrid(tank/dps- depending ur build)
Malphite- tank and good passive+ability
Garen- headache of mana management gone+ can be built tanky
Warwick- probably best jungler/laner/ganker

Desyphur

06-18-2012

Garen.