Best AP Champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parkinson

Recruiter

06-18-2012

I really like Vladimir or Ahri. LeBlanc is only good early game and if you outfarm her mid, you win every time. Her damage really drops off late game and is very squishy

McDerp

06-18-2012

Ahri, Veigar Orianna.

Ahri for her annoyingness in mid lane

Veigar for endless q farm (i've hit the 200+ mark 5 times so far)

Orianna for her extreme versatility in most situations. <-- super hard to master, getting the q-e harass every single time takes a lot of practice

fuzzybandit2323

06-18-2012

I'm surprised twisted fate hasn't been mentioned.

LonelyDonkeyKong

Recruiter

06-18-2012

Safe Ap Mids are usually Anivia and Ahri. More Anivia than Ahir, but they don't have many counters and are used in competitive play more.

Riskier Ap mids: Brand, Leblanc. Those two have quite a bit of higher burst, but brand is Very easy to gank if he overextends, Leblanc just falls off so much later game so she is reliant on that early game dominance.

Counter Ap mids: Galio, Kassadin, veigar . These three mids are usually safe when it comes to counter most of all other mids. With galio he gains AP, the more MR he has, and with Kassadin his silence and mobility and slow make it a very hard time for other ap's. Veigar's ulty just wrecks all ap's with it scaling off his ap and theirs.

Other mids all bring different things to the table, for example twisted fates pushing potential and global presence, Viktor is a good poker with his lazer, Swain can be a tankier AP and is more reliant on doing damage over a bit of time than burst. Ap's are definitely a preference thing.

Adm Jackbar

06-18-2012

Orianna, when you get past the learning curve (which is steep) does some amazing damage and has great utility.
Kassadin is a great counter for most other AP champs since he feeds off magic damage and has silence.
Annie is the bread and butter AP curbstomper - single target death.
LeBlanc is great for early game lanes, she's got great burst damage and is the Killsteal queen
Ahri has great mobility and some decent burst damage output - plus skillshots for easy harass

It all depends on your play style and ability, also what the team composition calls for. There is no such thing as 'Best' or 'OP' - Riot do an excellent job of balancing the game so that it's entirely teamwork and individual skill based success in game, but that being said - the team composition and abilities makes all the difference.

A few hints though -

against LeBlanc - go Ryze
against Ryze - go Orianna
against Orianna - Go Ahri
against Ahri - go LeBlanc

I've found that little counter-loop useful. And no, it only gives you a skillset based advantage over the other player, you still have to play smart.

blindcyde80

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

come on now... KENNEN

he's like... the safest pick in the game, can't lose his lane to ANYONE if you have like a quarter of a brain.

if you want a bit more of a challenge get morde, push your lane like crazy, steal their wraiths all day to deny their jungler or mid the farm, and be free to roam whenever you want cus your lane is pushed 24/7 and your opponent cant leave or they lose tower. only downside is he has no cc at all so hes ganked pretty easy if he gets stuck or caught out.

personal favorites are orianna, brand, and kennen tho. cassio and swain are also great picks, plenty of other great ones too

IoEuropa

06-19-2012

cassiopiea.. she is so much fun and overpowered.. if you want to steamroll your team play as her

SexxManiac

06-20-2012

fizz ezpz

Pseud0nym

06-20-2012

Wow, I was surprised by the number of views and comments. Thanks for the opinions. As for me, i've settled on Brand as a favorite, I also annihilate with Vlad and even though he isnt AP, i have yet to lose with Mundo and i've played 11 games as him. I am a surgeon with the infected cleaver. Feel free to add me and we can play.

WhiteHatBlueSkin

06-20-2012

surprised casseo and karthus arent in here. both offer high sustained damage and utility in teamfights.