Best AP Champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Araragat

06-17-2012

nine times out of ten I'm the jungler for my team, but when I have to go ap mid I use Ryze, Karthus, or Annie. Ryze is very good mid and can shut down most ap champs. With Karthus I like to build ap+cool down reduction so I can ult as fast as possible. As for Annie, stun+tibbers is just really fun.

DonnFirinne

06-17-2012

If you get to know her poison timers and can land the poisons and stay in range, Cassio deals more damage over 10 seconds than any other AP mid

Lemon8or

06-17-2012

I'd say lux. Her ult does insane damage in a line which happens quite often in team fights if opponent team doesn't stack magic resist. She has CC with Q, utility with W and her E slows.
I also own leblanc, ryze, anivia and morgana. Any of those champions are good. LeBlanc does insane bust single target damage so she's good for taking out enemies squishies. Ryze is good for team fights with his ult making his skills AOE and passive reducing skill's CD. Anivia is often underestimated cause she's slow but her AOE slow and wall are so useful if you have a puller like blitzcrank or nautilus. She's also extremely useful in jungle fights (note: she's no way a jungler) because her W will block off the whole path and gives your team free kill should the enemies misplace themselves and flash is burnt. Morgana's ult is strong but quite often requires her to be in middle of team fights so you should get hourglass. Also have to be careful if your team has a janna cause her ult's push will end your chain.

FatPandaPower

06-17-2012

Malzahar is where its at guys, come on now, Malzahar is a fun champ but it may take a little bit to be able to hit Call of the Void, but a fun champ none the less.

Thorston13

06-17-2012

If you got the killer instinct go Katarina, learn her good and you can pretty much own mid lane, when that happens learn to gank top and bot and once you get fed, its gg, Kat is really fun to play, just have a long learning curve or at least for me it did.
Vlad is actually tons of fun, not using mana makes him great, and if you have the skills you can tower dive or be ganked and manage to pull a kill or both and go out alive.
With Vlad i managed to pull off a kill on a full hp Hecarim when i was around 500HP.
Fizz is really fun, but his more of a poke and run, look back and kill, so that's up to you.

Careful

06-17-2012

Surprised no one has mentioned Galio as an anti-mid ap and yet LB has been mentioned so much. Galio is one of the few "tanky dps" aps as one would call him. His Q + E does a ridiculous amount of damage, his w makes him tankier and heals him back for each constant normal attack taken (not to mention you can put this on your squishy carry to make him a bit more tanky) and his ult is an aoe taunt. Not to mention he's a counter to pretty much any AP champion and can be built various ways.

Boxey

06-17-2012

I vote teemo

I The Penetrator

Senior Recruiter

06-18-2012

gragas is really good mid lane ap and viable top. i dont know why no one here has mentioned him he has a .9 ratio on q and a 1.0 on ult his ult has use in team fights also. my second n third vote would be veiger and orianna.

Kreyni

06-18-2012

Lux.

I more often win my lane than not, unless I'm sent to top/bot or up against a Veigar/LeBlanc.

Dig15times

06-18-2012

All AP's are good for different things. Want a long range nuker? Try veigar, xerath, or brand. Skillshots? Ezreal, Oriana, or Cassiopeia. High damage, high mobility? Ahri or LeBlanc. Mid range DoT? Swain or Morgana.

If you are asking for favorite champions, I'll say Brand. I love the way you can put together his combos.