Why is 3's not in tournements?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hayte

Recruiter

06-17-2012

I think 3's should be taken more seriously as there are a lot more 3's teams out there.

SOTS HyperLust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Great question Hayte712! I hope you get more answers as time passes. I would love to see if a Riot member posts and what they have to say. Thank you for asking.

Mr Mad Cow

06-17-2012

Because it's not balanced well and wouldn't be fit for tournament play without significant refinement.

TUBSHARK

Recruiter

06-17-2012

Yes

Dviation

06-17-2012

I posted a thread on this a while back, got one red response which is better than nothing but some questions are still unanswered, none the less, it's a good bit of info if you'd like to read.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2188367

Red post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
There are a lot of prized events on twisted treeline, and you can feel free to run your own tournament and submit it to this site to get prizes.

http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...mit-tournament

Also, at various events, there have been TT tournaments. I know for sure at PAX East 2011 there were several TT tournaments, mainly because I participated in them (this was before I was a Rioter and I could play in tournaments =p)

BloodraiderX

06-19-2012

why no dominion tourneys gg riot

Houston

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mad Cow View Post
Because it's not balanced well and wouldn't be fit for tournament play without significant refinement.
This

The Only Shaco

06-19-2012

BECUZ we are no girls

Shroud Walker

06-20-2012

because the majority of people play of summoner's rift, thus making riot balance the game around it. Thus making 3's unbalanced (and even less popular) and unfit for tournament play.

SnoopDoggJanitor

06-20-2012

3's should be taken more seriously because I know some friends that play summoners rift that don't take it seriously at all and then are terrible 3's players lol I play 3's but can also play 5's with skill... I think that 3's involves more skill in a queue that 3 people go into together because more players leaves more room for error, thus involving more luck towards the eventual outcome... That's just my opinion, i agree that there should be more TT tournaments