League of Legends Featured in the November Issue of PC Gamer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Summoners!

Our friends over at PC Gamer approached us and asked if they could feature League of Legends in their September issue. Now, being the industrious Rioterz that we are, we've got some pretty big plans for the future… so we decided to let PC Gamer have the first crack at them. If you're a PC Gamer subscriber, expect your copy to be showing up in your mailbox any time now. If you're not a subscriber can also pick it up at your local newsstand on the 14th of September, or wait for our release on the 16th.
Any word on having a special code in PC Gamer that unlocks a special skin? Guild Wars did this with PC Gamer before and it worked wonders for both companies.

Crushnaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

Bah, I just read the Sept issue. A review of HoN, but nothing about LoL...

PS ... HoN got a bad review, "There’s something complex and difficult here that will—and clearly does—reward persistence and skill. Nevertheless, the combination of unpleasant individuals and the overall lack of reward in the game itself leaves me cold and unmotivated to go back and refine my skills. Popular as it may be, I just can’t recommend the experience for new players."

EDIT: lawl @ OP typo. Title used to read "September" over "November". Good thing it didn't cost me any money to find out that this is not in the September issue.

Viro Melchior

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Any word on having a special code in PC Gamer that unlocks a special skin? Guild Wars did this with PC Gamer before and it worked wonders for both companies.
Considering how the typical cost of a magazine issue at newsstand prices compares with the cost of the skins here on LoL, I'd be quite content to pick up a magazine to get a 1-time skin.
Which would give "less" money to Riot, but help show PC Gamer how many fans LoL has. However, obviously too late to do it for this issue, but perhaps Riot could do a followup 3-4 issues from now with updates and the skin. May a code for a 3 day xp boost too (to get new players into the game faster)?

Annies Tibbers

08-26-2010

This is so cool, i cant wait to actually see it!

Cooru

08-26-2010

Incoming feeders

T3kn0man

08-26-2010

Nice work Riot. More people that are exposed to it the more will join and the more money Riot will make which means they will hire more people and expand and more good things will come to us!

Happy Campr

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Summoners!

Our friends over at PC Gamer approached us and asked if they could feature League of Legends in their September issue. Now, being the industrious Rioterz that we are, we've got some pretty big plans for the future… so we decided to let PC Gamer have the first crack at them. If you're a PC Gamer subscriber, expect your copy to be showing up in your mailbox any time now. If you're not a subscriber can also pick it up at your local newsstand on the 14th of September, or wait for our release on the 16th.

Awesome it's good to see you guys in such a big/strong magazine. I'm in NZ and I read US PC Gamer

EPvper Seskahin

08-26-2010

and a key on each newspaper wich gives some bonueses!

bubbashrimp

08-26-2010

WHEN IS LoL coming for MAc?

Agrias Oaks

08-26-2010

Hey, I just read the sep. issue and there was nothing at all about LoL! Just HoN!