Axel, the Full Metal Jacket

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Hello, Summoners! This is my champion concept for Axel, the Full Metal Jacket!
Please take your time to give me a review and I appreciate comments no matter how hurtful! Throw them at me :).
If you feel like you want to make some art on Axel, visit this thread: Axel, the Full Metal Jacket Art Thread

An art take on Axel, courtesy of Mr D!
An art take on Axel, courtesy of Seth Winternight!
Coat design, courtesy of Seth Winternight!
An art take on Axel, courtesy of CypherA!

Also, please read the entire thread if you plan on providing constructive criticism! It minimizes repetition and misunderstandings. Thanks :).
PS: If you are looking for statistics on Axel, do scroll down. There you will find Axel's stats such as health regen and bullets, and skill information.

Axel's basic attack is ranged and consumes bullets (for now). I wonder if Riot could make it so that if Axel is within a certain distance of a target, he shoots, and if he is close enough, he uses melee.

PASSIVE: Reload.
Axel gains 2 bullets for a minion or monster kill, 3 bullets for a champion kill assist, and 4 bullets for a champion kill. For every second in a bush, Axel gains a bullet. Axel’s bullets reset to 6 when spawned.
For each bullet missing, Axel gains 1% movement speed.

Q: Infection. [Skill Shot]
Axel fires a parasitic bullet that hops from enemy to enemy (prioritizing champions) for 10 seconds before dying. The parasitic bullet deals 5/8/11/14/17 (+0.4 AD) magic damage every second while on target. Parasitic bullets can be stacked onto a target but can’t jump onto a target already inflicted with Parasite.

Description/Example:
Axel shoots 2 parasites at Target 1. Target 1 takes continuous damage for 4 seconds from Parasite 1 and 2. Target 1 passes by Target 2 and parasite 2 jumps to Target 2. Target 1 keeps taking continuous damage for 6 more seconds. Target 2 takes continuous damage from parasite 2 for 3 seconds. Target 2 passes by Target 3. Parasite jumps from Target 2 to Target 3. Target 2 stops taking damage but Target 3 receives damage for the last 3 seconds.

W: Shadow Dance. [Skill Shot]
Axel disperses among the shadows and becomes un-targetable for 0.5 seconds. After 0.5 seconds, Axel appears at target location and swipes his blade in front of him dealing 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.6 AP) attack damage to multiple enemies in front of him. Shadow Dance causes parasitic bullets to explode on contact dealing 5/6/7/8/9 (+1 AD) magic damage per stack.

Description/Example:
You aim Shadow Dance in front of you. Axel disappears for half a second and reappears at the tip of the skill shot and swipes his blade in an area in that direction. Enemies hit receive damage. If the enemy had a parasite on them, the parasite would explode doing additional damage.[

E: Wired Bullet. [Lock-on]
Axel fires a bullet with a cable attached at a target giving Axel the ability to pull himself to enemy location. Upon contact, Wired Bullet slows target’s movement speed by 10%/13%/16%/19%/21% while attached. Wired Bullet stays attached as long as target is within 400 range from Axel. If target leaves range, the wire snaps dealing 5/10/15/20 (+0.5 AP) attack damage. Activating the skill again causes Axel to reel himself to target and detach the bullet safely.

Description/Example:
Axel shoots target. As long as target is within range, target is slowed. If target gets out of range, target is dealt damage. If target is still within range, Axel can jump to target. When Axel reels himself to target, target is NOT dealt damage and stops being slowed.

R: Supply Drop. [AoE Placement]
Axel calls support. After 2 seconds, a supply crate lands at target location stunning enemies within 80 range for 2 seconds, healing allies within 150 range for 7% of their maximum HP every 2 seconds, and doubling Axel's passive while Axel is within 350 range. An enlarging shadow showing the place of the drop is visible only to Axel and allied champions. Supply Drop lasts for 4 seconds. Axel's double passive lasts for 3 seconds upon leaving area. (Passive) Axel's maximum bullets is increased from 20 to 22/24/26.

Description/Example:
Skill activates. After 2 seconds, a crate drops at location chosen. Crate heals allies within the area. Crate stuns enemies within area. Crate doubles Axel's passive when Axel is within range and when he leaves range.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
Statistics:
Damage: 56.5 (+3.5 / per level)
Health: 490 (+80 / per level)
Bullets: 20 (+0 / per level)
Move Speed 314
Armor 15(+3 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 2.4 (+0.44/ per level)
Bullet Regen 0 (+0 / per level)

Q: Infection.
Cost: 1
Range: 600
Cool down: 2 seconds

W: Shadow Dance.
Cost: 0
Range: 300
Cool down: 40/37/34/31/28

E: Wired Bullet.
Cost: 1
Range: 500
Cool down: 30/26/22/18/14

R: Supply Depot.
Cost: 0
Range: 1000
Cool down: 65/55/45

Change Log:

6/17/12 6:12pm: Supply Drop's CDs have been reduced from 75/60/45 to 65/55/45. Removed limit on movement speed debuff for target and created debuff for Axel on Wired Bullet. Added more details to Supply Drop.
-6:39pm: Removed attached doc. All edits will now be on this here. Added link for art suggestions! Take a look at the top ^--^.
6/18/12 8:31am: Added a link to art by Mr D! Thank you Mr D! Scroll up :).
-2:24pm: Revisions to all skills have been made. AP bonuses have been switched to AD and vice versa. Armor gain per level up has been reduced from 5 to 3. Movement speed has been reduced from 324 to 314. Passive has been changed. Added descriptions/examples to skills. Please re-read!
-3:14pm: Added twitter info to thread! Follow me for updates and news on future concepts! :D.
6/20/12 4:06pm: Added a disclaimer. Please read it :). It is at the top of the thread.
-4:11pm: Divided Skills from Statistics in the thread to reduce confusion.
6/22/12 5:37pm: Increased base health and health increase on level up, health regen and health regen increase on level up slightly. Reduced base armor from 18 to 15. Changed Supply Drop's "while on cool down, Axel's maximum bullets increase" to passively increasing his max.
6/26/12 9:04pm: More art thanks to Seth Winternight!
7/2/12 11:26am: New art! Courtesy of CypherA! :D

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

-Bump-. Would love some support.

Kemherar

06-17-2012

Personnaly i loved new champ having new type of "mana" system. The reload system is quite nice in my opinion. I would really like some more feedback from developper about this knid of champ. I love it.

Anyway we can follow this discussion on the forum so we are update about it?

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemherar View Post
Personnaly i loved new champ having new type of "mana" system. The reload system is quite nice in my opinion. I would really like some more feedback from developper about this knid of champ. I love it.

Thank you for the input! I'm glad I've sparked some interest!

Quote:
Anyway we can follow this discussion on the forum so we are update about it?
What do you mean?

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Bump~ Please review

Lyria Eternal

06-17-2012

As a mild fan of Full Metal Jacket. I found his interesting. I will have to clear some time for a proper review. Please submit the information (link) for this concept on my profile. While you wait feel free to view some of my own and others concept designs.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2180459

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Bump~ Comment to keep alive!

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Made some edits. Take a look at the change log for more information! -Semi bump-

loopygino

06-17-2012

bump~ love the reload concept

Secluded Death

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopygino View Post
bump~ love the reload concept
Hehe, me too! Thanks

12345 ... 7