After scoring an ace, what should you do???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh4d0w93

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

So I play at around 1300 elo in ranked..

After my team will score an ace there is usually 3 - 5 of us left and taking into consideration
that hp of the team members at the time.

I will ping baron for an easy objective.

However every team members seems its better to stand around and wait for a creep wave to walk up to the 2nd mid tower so we can push it down.

I am just left thinking getting baron was the smarter choice as it provides much more than a tower and usually after getting baron we just push down towers even if they are all still alive..

TL;DR: Is it better to get baron after scoring an ace or push down towers?

adc

11-01-2012

Depends on the turret. If it's an outer turret, I have to question how far behind you are that outers are still up at a time you can baron with 3 left after a teamfight. If it's an inhibitor turret and you're not sure you can get baron quickly, take the inhib. If you can get baron and are sure you can win another teamfight after that, take baron and push again later. There's no need to press an advantage too hard if you can slow the game down and still win. Now, if you're fighting as an early game comp and the other team has 5 ridiculously good end game heroes (think kog/nunu/cass/mumu/etc.), end it as quickly as possible. But that's something you have to take into consideration.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Type "ggwp" in all chat, obviously.

trackmaster

11-01-2012

In 1500 elo normally when this happens we can take an inhibitor. If we can't definitely take the inhib we get baron. Hopefully the AD carry is alive and we can take turret to inhib then take baron (warding the path there).

Frakenbourrough

11-01-2012

Last time I checked, Baron didn't get you any closer to an inhibitor.

biIbo

11-01-2012

Usually I'll ping for a true hard push to inhib, or take baron/dragon depending on situation. Usually any type of team objective would be reasonable to consider once an ace has occurred.

chrisluissanc1

11-01-2012

normally if we are 30 minutes plus most teams iv been on take the turret and expose the inhib if possible if 20 minutes or less take dragon and bottom turret is usually the goal if mids not down. generally u don't want to put to heavy of a push on b4 25 minutes because it 1 takes your team closer to their base but into more dangerous territory near theirs. and 2 it frees people on the enemy team to begin roaming (not always bad)

PhacoEmulsifier

11-01-2012

Dont think there is one right answer to this. It depends on our location on the map, Close/Far from Barron. If we can push into the base turret/inhib. and alot on what Champion I am on.

If Im on a tanky character If we ace and I start shoving into the base, the others will normally follow.

If on a DPS type I have to look at what the tank is doing, and maybe the minions. If I can wipe an enemy minion wave and get my minions in quick I can dive a turret. This is normally for situations when getting the Barron is iffy with what we have alive and healthy, or in solo que the team just sucks.

I think the only thing not to do is, stand around doing nothing (this happens a rediculous number of times.) or running off seperate for blues/reds. The buffs are nice, but obtainable at most times. Use the Ace time for something that gives a big victory push. Turrets/Inhibitors/Barron.

Fiveofswords

11-01-2012

its usually better to get towers/inhibs imho. Brings the game closer to ending while you ahve advantage. If you are trying to drag the game out cause it was a lucky ace or something then maybe baron

usually baron is something you do when youhad a good teamfight, maybe got 3 kills for 2 and forced a lot of them b, but didnt quite ace them

Grahffz

11-02-2012

push towers, ward baron, recall heal, and then proceed to have your jungler malphite steal baron.