Sion is too good

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

11-01-2009

Sion is a pretty solid champion, and one of the few champions i feel that can be played effectively a number of different ways. Most champions have one role they fit, and trying alternate item/skill builds doesnt work well. Sions has a flexible skillset, that he really can exceed at any role, given a decent player. Does this make him OP? no, it makes him variable, and exciting to play with/against

dream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-01-2009

Enrage is pretty darn amazing in my opinion. First of all, you have to add in the fact that Sion has the highest base health, and 3rd highest HP gain per level (iirc) in the entire game. Now, lets look at the other part of the skill. The damage it gives is practically like having Wuju style activated 24/7. I don't know the specific numbers, and Yi probably has a fair bit more attack speed, however, they both have ults with large ias% boosts.

Also, I'd like to breifly touch on "health cost" abilities. Health cost is the biggest joke in the entire game. Tryndamere's spin is barely noticeable and using it will typically give you a bloodlust charge to heal it back instantly anyways. As long as Mundo has a regen item can spam his cleaver every time its off cooldown and remain at full health. Same with masochism. Burning Agony is painful to leave on early game, but that is currently one of worst spells in the entire game, and later on you wont even feel the damage. His ultimate is also pointless seeing as 3-4 seconds later you have more hp than you started with.

Finally, we get to Sion's enrage, which is similar because in between timing your last hits, you will be fully regaining all the hp lost from attacking(in addition to gaining max hp). Mana is designed to be a restrictive force, and for a lot of heroes, it is. You might as well remove the health cost mechanic because it adds little/nothing to a hero. Which of these are you more likely to hear in a game:

Mundo: "Dang I didn't have enough health to cleaver him."
or
Anivia: "**** I ran outta mana or I would have nuked for kill."

Kayle: "NOOOO if i had mana I could have ulted and lived."
or
Tryndamere: ">.< Didn't have enough HP to spin away."

cF Dawgy

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Tryndamere: ">.< Didn't have enough HP to spin away."
I've actually had a Tryndamere who was about to kill me kill himself with this spinny thing; As soon as he used it, he fell over dead. It took me a while to think about what happened until i realized he had no health.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgy View Post
I've actually had a Tryndamere who was about to kill me kill himself with this spinny thing; As soon as he used it, he fell over dead. It took me a while to think about what happened until i realized he had no health.
you cannot kill yourself with this ability. he likely used slash with just more health than its cost, leaving him on extremely low health, then a minion or something hit him once

GNOY

11-02-2009

He was nerfed already. Leave him in PEACE plz.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

Sion is fine, Enrage is not OP. renticletape summed it up pretty well. Way to math, OP.

AP Sion is fine, get Banshee's Veil. He needs both his stun AND his shield to burst down a single target. Take one away and he's pretty helpless. Also, AP Sion is pretty squishy without his shield.

I wish people would actually play characters they cry OP about

Tram

11-02-2009

Sion isn't too good.

I am....

Stelia

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LoL View Post
Sions move Enrage is incredibly stupid.

Enrage:While active Sion deals extra physical damage at the cost of health. Additionally, he gains maximum health permanently whenever he kills a unit.

There is no health cap? You can easily get HP5 items and last hit creeps with enrage on and just spam max health. Most games has a Sion with 3k-4k health with no health increasing items, his shield can easily destroy creeps and allow him to grind with no problem.

NOTHING should increase to infinity. If a game goes long enough he can have 5k-6k health.

All you need to do is stack damage/speed and your health will just increase on its own.

My idea: cap it off at 200-300, Sion is good enough without ridiculous health. The extra physical damage is enough to make the move good.
Madreds bloodrazors benifits from his high health. he has 4k health you deal 100 extra damage magic per attack. Get your fast dps carry to get one of these if a High health sion is a problem. So you can get your yi/stich etc 25 lifesteal and one of these and them make him pay for his excessive health with 200 attack and your laying off 2-3 attacks persecond.

Fallen x Kira

01-11-2010

Sion is fine right now. Don't pick on the big lug.

DeanKeaton259

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LoL View Post
Sions move Enrage is incredibly stupid.

Enrage:While active Sion deals extra physical damage at the cost of health. Additionally, he gains maximum health permanently whenever he kills a unit.

There is no health cap? You can easily get HP5 items and last hit creeps with enrage on and just spam max health. Most games has a Sion with 3k-4k health with no health increasing items, his shield can easily destroy creeps and allow him to grind with no problem.

NOTHING should increase to infinity. If a game goes long enough he can have 5k-6k health.

All you need to do is stack damage/speed and your health will just increase on its own.

My idea: cap it off at 200-300, Sion is good enough without ridiculous health. The extra physical damage is enough to make the move good.
In a given game, I rarely ever see creep stats over 200-250 for any hero. Even the best farmers have trouble getting more than that. I think you failed to take this into account before posting this thread... think about it.