You guys should give Torchlight a go!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-02-2009

Torchlight is cool. I downloaded something, don't quite know what it is. It was a 360 meg file but it installed WildTangent games and said I had the full version of Torchlight.

I'm assuming you don't have to deal with janky WildTangent if you use Steam? I don't have Steam but I'm somewhat familiar with how it works.

Has anyone purchased it yet? If you purchase it, is it a normal game? Run the executable and it works? None of this WildTangent garbage?

Does anyone know if the editor is released?

XIIÍ

11-03-2009

Yeah, I run it as a normal game. No WildTangent ****. Dragon Age seems a lot more intricate and deep than Torchlight, but Torchlight is really fun (and surprisingly addicting for such a relatively mindless game).

From what I can see about Dragon Age, it seems really static compared to Torchlight. Although, one bad thing about Torchlight is that the story isn't very well done and it has really bad scaling (as on late game is really hard, but early on it's way too easy).

goofninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
Yeah, I run it as a normal game. No WildTangent ****. Dragon Age seems a lot more intricate and deep than Torchlight, but Torchlight is really fun (and surprisingly addicting for such a relatively mindless game).

From what I can see about Dragon Age, it seems really static compared to Torchlight. Although, one bad thing about Torchlight is that the story isn't very well done and it has really bad scaling (as on late game is really hard, but early on it's way too easy).
bet you don't play on hardcore mode like a true diablo fan.

that's right, i'm calling you out.

Blugyblug

11-03-2009

Perfect World ftw
Yes the devs made a game named after themselves.
Although TL seems ok.

Jazriel

Recruiter

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holoch View Post
bet you don't play on hardcore mode like a true diablo fan.

that's right, i'm calling you out.
I can question the assertion of manliness via Hardcore with 4 letters: TPPK. A variant of the 4-letter castration would be WPPK.

Losing time spent to idiots does not a Manly Man make.

tedcat

11-04-2009

I bought Torchlight off Steam on saturday, though I'm only 6-7 hours into the game. But I'm loving it. It's great so far.

I love having the pet rather than having to rely on using a ton of TP scrolls to sell junk because your inventory is filling.

Currently playing Destroyer by the way.

Shizz

11-04-2009

Looks awesome, but no multiplayer makes me sad.

tedcat

11-04-2009

^
Yes, it's a bit with the lack of multiplayer, killing stuff is always more fun when doing it with friends.
But I think that if you can overlook it being solely a single player title I think you'll be in for some good times with this game.
I've been told however that you should play at least hard since normal is mind bunglingly easy.

goofninja

Senior Recruiter

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazriel View Post
I can question the assertion of manliness via Hardcore with 4 letters: TPPK. A variant of the 4-letter castration would be WPPK.

Losing time spent to idiots does not a Manly Man make.
Hardcore is hardcore.

Plus man, there's no multiplayer in Torchlight, how can I pull off TPPK