Reputation of Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hieronymus Bosch

06-17-2012

Why is it that she's so unloved? I rarely see her played and everyone seems to put her in the Evelynn tier. I feel like she has a lot of potential, only difficult to use effectively. Is she really bad or is that the case? It seems as though with proper communication with your teammates (skype etc.) she could be an extremely good, and versatile support (who can also dish out decent damage).

So anyway, is she truly bad or just have a bad reputation?

Halcione

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieronymus Bosch View Post
Why is it that she's so unloved? I rarely see her played and everyone seems to put her in the Evelynn tier. I feel like she has a lot of potential, only difficult to use effectively. Is she really bad or is that the case? It seems as though with proper communication with your teammates (skype etc.) she could be an extremely good, and versatile support (who can also dish out decent damage).

So anyway, is she truly bad or just have a bad reputation?
She is too complex and requires a much higher degree of team communication/coordination to bring to her full potential.

She's not really that weak, she is actually pretty solid, but other champions can do the same while not being as complex. In a competitive scene, if you want to win, you have absolutely no reason to go with the more obtuse character to get the same result. That's pretty much it.

I've seen a few in normals and even ranked. Karma players exist, she's just not a very optimal pick at all.

Alternoob

06-17-2012

Because people are scared of the Karmageddon.

Actually I believe is that she's not really suited for the metagame right now, with a nice AD ranged, support, top, mid and jungle. Moreso she fits somewhat in the same role as someone like say, Nasus at the top lane. Viable, but others do the job much better. She's a strong mid or even a top with a shield, speed buff and heal as well as burst, but others are just better than her. Keep in mind she needs to be close for her spells to work, so she can counter gap closers efficiently like Riven, Renekton, LeBlanc etc.

Ionian StarChild

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcione View Post
She is too complex and requires a much higher degree of team communication/coordination to bring to her full potential.

She's not really that weak, she is actually pretty solid, but other champions can do the same while not being as complex. In a competitive scene, if you want to win, you have absolutely no reason to go with the more obtuse character to get the same result. That's pretty much it.

I've seen a few in normals and even ranked. Karma players exist, she's just not a very optimal pick at all.
I agree with everything you said. Karma is a really hard champ to play effectively. So instead of willing to learn how to play her, people would opt for a much "easier" support choice (Soraka, Sona).

Paradoliak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

She's a strong champion that doesn't really fit into the meta anywhere, though she CAN be played anywhere and do reasonably well.

She simply has a high skill cap, people tend to dodge picking her, and what makes it worse is a lot hat eon her that don't even actually know her abilities. I cannot tell you the number of times I've picked her as a support only to have to spend the first 3 minutes of the game explaining what my abilities do to my AD Carry.

Also, she does need slight buffing. She has 3 abilities with 6 ranks, that are weaker than other champs similar abilities at rank 5.

Covening

06-17-2012

I don't play ranked but I think the choice of support hero is completely situational to the AD Ranged champion being used to lane with her, it is completely dependent on that. For example Corki really benefits from a Soraka because his spells do great burst damage early game and are very mana heavy. A Soraka support can basically turn Corki into a caster with great harass early game, likewise with Kog Maw. Other AD ranged benefit from a lot of CC offered by heroes such as Alistar, Taric, Leona, or even Sona. Ali, Taric, and Sona also offer a heal where Leona doesn't so Leona needs to be put with an AD with a little more sustain. Anyway you get the point. It is just a matter of experimenting where Karma can work vs the other team and with what carries. I like her personally because she can contribute a lot of damage and a small AOE heal to team fights that other supports have difficulty doing.

Larvae To Leech

06-17-2012

A nice feature of Karma is the fact that she isn't played often as it means most players don't have experience paying against her and have difficulty shutting her down. She is a higher skillcap champ but is very useful if there is good team communication.

wewdoge

06-24-2012

I play and love Karma she is more fun and easier to play than what most would think. Practice with her and you'll see for your self .

B SIDE

06-25-2012

I love Karma, but she's just not quite as good as she needs to be. The high skill cap is no illusion. But your team needs to know her just as well as you do, otherwise they won't know how to take advantage of her best features as support. The little buff she needs could be found by:

Increasing her base move speed.
Adding an attack speed debuff or silence to her Q.
Adding cc resistance to her W.
Adding ad/ap buff to her E.
Adding one stack to her R.

Any or all of these changes would help balance her out to the other champs.

Aikimiller

06-25-2012

The reason people put her in Evelynn tier is because she IS in Evelynn tier-

check for yourself: http://www.leagueofstats.com/champio...D_SOLO_5x5/all

Only champion with a worse win percentage is Evelynn herself.

She needs a pretty thorough work-over. Her design ideas are interesting, but badly implemented, and she's a poor fit to the current metagame.

There are a lot of ways she could be changed to be made more viable, but the core issues are that she's underpowered, requires farm to be effective in a support capacity, isn't designed to work with a ranged AD carry, and her biggest problem, her lack of skills. In an actual fight- she presses Q and then she presses E, and then she's pretty much done for the entire fight. 2 skills, with relatively long CDs, and even IF the fight goes long enough that they come off CD, it doesn't matter- cause you're out of mantra charges anyway. Her passive is generally not all that useful either- because unless you build tank (which as a support you're don't have teh gold to do) you are going to get blown up from 100% to 0% health pretty much instantly anytime past about level 6 or so, and not get a chance to utilize the bonus AP.