The Game (Application RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Searies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Earth is over-populated with 80% of people living in slums. Because of this, every couple by law, is only allowed only one child. Any other children born are known as illegal children or extras. If the authorities discover an extra they are sentenced to death so, until the age of nineteen, they have to stay hidden or be killed. The only way to escape being sentenced is to earn their right to freedom: they have to win The Game.

Each name is put into the draw and every three months, thirty children (13-18) are selected and they go on to play The Game. The remaining children are sentenced to death.

The Game

Somewhere hidden in the arena is a flag. The participants have to race to find the flag and return it to the starting bay.

Before entering the arena, the participants spend three days at The Cabins where they interact with other children, practice skills and forming groups (of up to four people). Team members work together throughout The Game and if they win, the whole team goes home. The teams that don't win are sentenced to death along with the extras that were never picked. It's not uncommon for participants of rival teams to injure or kill each other, especially when one team is transporting the flag back to the starting bay.

Just like in the actual arena, there is equipment littered around The Cabins, but no guidance on how to use them. The participants have to rely on each other to practice skills. The same arena is used for every game, this means if participants are lucky, they could stumble across an old team's hoard of materials, but if they're unlucky, they might come across a corpse that the authorities never managed to find.

Hunters

Fellow participants aren't the only danger in the arena. Hungry wild animals, starvation and poisonous plants are among others, but the most notorious are the Hunters. Hunters are people whose purpose is to kill off participants. They are extras who didn't get selected for the game, but were selected in another draw. If a Hunter fails to kill at least one participant, they are sentenced to death. If they succeed in killing, they are a hunter in the next game. Very few would chose to be a hunter as it very rarely leads to freedom and they are often killed during the actual game by participants defending themselves. Hunters have to last four games before they can go free.

Just like participants, hunters are killing for their freedom.

We'll start the roleplay with each participant starting in their cabin, three days before The Game begins. Hunters will begin in the arena before participants enter.

(Make a character on the other site)

Description of appearance:Can be as detailed or simple as you want.

Personality:

History: Again, as detailed or simple as you want. Please include how they came to enter The Game eg. Were they captured, handed themselves in etc.

Skills and strengths:
Weaknesses:

Additional information: Anything you want to say.

Rules:
- No god modding.
- You can kill and injure people, but PM them and check it's okay (Unless they're NPCs)
- Give detailed posts, no one-liners!
- Be active. Obviously reality comes first, but try and post once a day if possible, if not once every few days.
- If you're going to be away for a long time (more than a few days), let me know.
- Like I said, reservations only last a day, but you don't need to reserve to get a place.
- Use correct punctuation and grammar. We all spell things wrong sometimes, but do make an effort please.

ALSO: Try to keep character's realistic.

Weenie Lord Shen

09-18-2012

((Do we have to create a profile for this? Just making sure, or can we just grab one of our shurelia's and somehow mold it so that it can fit in here?))

Searies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3324 View Post
((Do we have to create a profile for this? Just making sure, or can we just grab one of our shurelia's and somehow mold it so that it can fit in here?))
Shurelia's will work, but make sure to include the information that's listed so i can see please.

Weenie Lord Shen

09-18-2012

Got it. I have to go to bed now, since I'm in the NE region, so I'll make a profile when I have the time and post it here.

Enemysbane

09-18-2012

((A possibility of a good thread, but the potential for chaos is huge. Trying to keep track of 30 or even 20 people at once is somewhat ridiculous, especially on these forums. If anybody had some RL problems, then the game could be stalled for days or even weeks. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade when I say this. I would enjoy doing something like this just to see how the story line/player interaction went. It just has a large potential for trouble. [If the RPer number around 5-10 then it has a better chance of working.]))

{{PS. Why not make it Runeterra instead of Earth? This is the League of Legends RP forum after all. As Earth it seems too unoriginal. You could make it a futuristic Runeterra where Demacia is enforcing the rules. (Irony, perhaps?)}}

((All this is from opinion and experience. If you are a old hand at RPing and have pulled this kind of thing off before, then ignore my newbie comments.))

Cryypter

09-18-2012

((Hmm, how Hunger-y are the participants of these Games? :P))