A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

[QUOTE=TB Wolf;25449677]since people would rather wait 30 minutes to ranked over losing 11-13 Elo for sure, so someone dodges./QUOTE]

isn't it true for him as well
i.e. you can wait and he will probably dodge

Skankii

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post
I personally propose a way to report what happens in lobbies, if this change is implemented. There is a rather obvious difference between going outside of a meta with a duo queue or just a unique comp, and trolling in order to cause misfortune upon others.
+1

salihe

06-17-2012

Or, maybe instead of complaining about what other people pick in any match, learn to adapt to different situations. I don't subscribe to the whole meta idea, that there's a single way to play every match and any variation will fail notion. I've won with teams that were almost entirely AD carries, and I've won with teams that were all tanky melee. In other words, stop assuming your team is going to lose merely because, zomg, an AP carry doesn't want to mid, or because you have 2 of them.

StrengthAndHonor

06-17-2012

There's been many funny games where someone trolled a pick, and we still won the game.

Most recently, a guy went Jungle Annie as 5th pick simply because he wanted to AP mid. So he said he'll jungle for us but he will be playing an AP champion.

He did better than the enemy jungler Hecarim. Godly ganks, won the game.

SSJayso

06-17-2012

learn to play all roles

SaintParadox

06-17-2012

@Salihe

Its not a matter of the meta for me, basically the way I look at it, draft pick is like a mini-strategy game. Certain champions counter others, no smite on the team means less control of drag/baron/buffs, not having enough ranged or no cc completely changes how things play. I'll try to give an example:
I was in ranked and picked Riven jungle, our last pick went Xin Zhao top, our mid lane and theirs went about even during the game. Their top lane? Malphite. So because of our last pick that my entire team asked the guy to not go Xin Zhao, Malphite countered: Xin, so Malph free farmed, Me: So ganking didnt really do anything after a certain point and, Our AD: who couldnt scratch Malph.

Result? Malphite did decent aoe dmg, was unkillable, and did pretty much whatever he wanted. Why did this happen? Our xin didn't want to communicate, said top or feed, or 2 people top, or something like that. Which is why we let last pick go top.

salihe

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintParadox View Post
@Salihe

Its not a matter of the meta for me, basically the way I look at it, draft pick is like a mini-strategy game. Certain champions counter others, no smite on the team means less control of drag/baron/buffs, not having enough ranged or no cc completely changes how things play. I'll try to give an example:
I was in ranked and picked Riven jungle, our last pick went Xin Zhao top, our mid lane and theirs went about even during the game. Their top lane? Malphite. So because of our last pick that my entire team asked the guy to not go Xin Zhao, Malphite countered: Xin, so Malph free farmed, Me: So ganking didnt really do anything after a certain point and, Our AD: who couldnt scratch Malph.

Result? Malphite did decent aoe dmg, was unkillable, and did pretty much whatever he wanted. Why did this happen? Our xin didn't want to communicate, said top or feed, or 2 people top, or something like that. Which is why we let last pick go top.
Yah, I'll agree that there are times when it'd be nice if someone picked a certain champ to counter another one. It's just the people who are like, "You don't want an AP carry mid, and an AD carry bot?!?!?! ROFLROFLROFL, BADDIE ALERT!!!!!11"...those people annoy the ever-living **** out of me. I've actually had more than one person use that term in the past, too. Baddie alert, lol. Methinks anyone who calls anyone else that automatically suits the term way more than I.

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

bump

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayso449 View Post
learn to play all roles
You shouldn't have to give up the role you want due to trolls wanting the same role.

Vympel666

06-17-2012

in queue kick vote would be best