Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The point of barrier?! Why not heal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thornmaelstrom

06-17-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:
This was basically the logic we wanted. The goal was not to replace heal, but to provide a different option.

With Barrier being a more selfish option than Heal, will we see Heal being shifted to heal allies more than the user? We can already envision a world of "Barrier baits" in addition to "Heal baits", how about making it so Supports will want to feel adequate selecting Heal over Exhaust/CV?

Urbaknight

06-17-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:
This was basically the logic we wanted. The goal was not to replace heal, but to provide a different option.

We will hold you to that.

Aranneas

Recruiter

06-17-2012

Actually I think Barrier is more of a replacement to Ignite than it is one to Heal - just not one of the 'strictly better' variety. I expect to be seeing it in solo lanes, winning trades and trolling ganks - especially on longer ranged champions who had to think carefully about the choice of Ignite in the first place.

- It gives you the most EHP over time, making it a strong choice for even or disfavourable matchups.
- Short cooldown means you can feel okay about using it for engagements at level 1, because it will be back again by the time you need it in lane.
- Ignite + Barrier is almost strictly better than Ignite + Heal if you can consider dropping Flash on your champion.

Decisive2Drill

06-17-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:

Just a little curious to get a Riot opinion on this; Will it be useful for assassin types like Talon/Shaco? Genuinely useful, that is.

Thanks in advance. I've yet to test it myself.

Jio Derako

06-18-2012

If I'm not mistaken, Barrier is still a PG exclusive, not coming over to SR (though it might be nice to see there). As Nome said, it's primarily for melees on PG who need to wade through a fair bit of damage to get at the ranged champions; this isn't nearly as much of an issue on SR, where there's lots of walls and brush for a melee to make use of on their way in, not to mention the simple fact that not everyone is restricted to a single small lane; a melee doesn't need Barrier nearly as much when they're dueling, as opposed to PG where they will almost certainly be exposing themselves to multiple champions.

AuspexMC

06-21-2012

Does anyone see this as a super nerf to Karthus?