Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The point of barrier?! Why not heal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreshel

06-17-2012

the only reason is that it has half CD

Geocorporation

06-17-2012

why not zoidberg... sorry couldnt resist

sn0wwarrior

Recruiter

06-17-2012

hey, its a massive free for all, u want to get in and out alive as melee run heal and barrier. dive in, activate barrier, activate heal to resotre the hp u lost beofre u shielded....kill everything

Brackhar

Features Designer

06-17-2012

Quote:
Ruduen:
Heal restores slightly less effective HP, but is capable of healing teammates. It also has the con of being affected by healing reduction. It tends to be more of a supportive spell.

Barrier always grants a flat amount of effective HP, but it only lasts for a period of time. However, it is also on roughly half the cooldown of Heal, meaning that you can use it more often. It tends to be more selfish than heal.

Both of them have their uses, and I think it will vary depending on which champion is being played.

This was basically the logic we wanted. The goal was not to replace heal, but to provide a different option.

Pika Fox

06-17-2012

Heal/Barrier AD carry comp go.

Stexe

Recruiter

06-17-2012

The question I have is will there be a Mastery bonus?

DreamsOfGrandeur

06-17-2012

Quote:
Brackhar:
This was basically the logic we wanted. The goal was not to replace heal, but to provide a different option.

I think Barrier would become really popular as an alternative to Heal if you gave it a damage bonus while it was active. Similar to Janna's shield, only it would be more plainly applicable. Like "Increases your damage (magic, or physical) by 8% while active"

Then let the master increase this bonus by 4% or something.

I got this idea, I think from Shurelia, back when Flash being worked on in hopes of finding a nerf to it's usage as an escape mechanic. She toyed with the concept of if Flash gave a damage-amp after being used, to discourage people from using it to run away.

Fracture Eon

06-17-2012

Quote:
Stexe:

It already has one.

Mrs Urgot

06-17-2012

Quote:
Stexe:

The one in the defense tree lowers the CD if I recall correctly.

AbyssionKnight

06-17-2012

Quote:
Stexe:

In another thread they already said it does have one already, they just simply didn't update the specific masteries info. Believe they said it reduces its CD by a few seconds.

I'll try to find the post and update this one with the link. xD

Edit:
Found it! (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=25363734#25363734)