Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The point of barrier?! Why not heal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leslie

06-17-2012

Whats the point of the barrier spell? It sounded good to me at first.. and then I thought, why would I not just heal? It is around the same base hp is it not? And the heal doesnt run out of time.

Im sure im missing something, lol. Just curious!

LaPoops

06-17-2012

but what if they ignite you?

Chagrinn

06-17-2012

There are lots of effects like the summoner spell Ignite or Tristana's Explosive Shot that can reduce heal, shields, on the other side, cannot be reduced.
Not only that but also, shields can go over your maximum health, heals can't.

Leslie

06-17-2012

That makes sense, thank you

theuberwar

06-17-2012

Wait i thought it was just replacing the B button not actually becoming a summoner for it?

BetaWolfFrogman

06-17-2012

Also, barrier blocks more.

And effects over 4 seconds, so if you take burst a couple seconds later it will block it.

And on the new ARAM map you get 20% healing reduction.

Personally I don't see a reason to use heal :|

theuberwar

06-17-2012

Quote:
BetaWolfFrogman:
Also, barrier blocks more.

And effects over 4 seconds, so if you take burst a couple seconds later it will block it.

And on the new ARAM map you get 20% healing reduction.

Personally I don't see a reason to use heal :|

Heal gets the whole team, barrier as far as im aware wont?

Mednecro

06-17-2012

Quote:
theuberwar:
Heal gets the whole team, barrier as far as im aware wont?

Heal also gets reduced on affected allys if someone else also uses it so if everyone has heal the second heal will be reduced by half on all affected by the first heal and the reason you would take heal is mostly to heal yourself anyway most of the time

theuberwar

06-17-2012

Quote:
Mednecro:
Heal also gets reduced on affected allys if someone else also uses it so if everyone has heal the second heal will be reduced by half on all affected by the first heal and the reason you would take heal is mostly to heal yourself anyway most of the time

Theres a reason i always wait for the debuff to wear off before i blow mine, its an extra minute to wait but it gives extra health from it so im ok with being patient

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-17-2012

In general, shields are more timing and skill-reliant than heals, and provide much more gameplay. We also wanted a Summoner Spell tailor-made for melee champions, who have issues on the map since they tend to go all-in.