Is it ok?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azphix

06-16-2012

To keep playing ranked even though ur on a losing spree? i mean ive seen how much of the pro players have 600+ games on ranked and they have lets say 380 games won and the rest are losses. So should i keep the mentality of keep on playing because eventually ill win more than i am losing ? and if i keep losing repeatedly what do i do?. At the moment is not too bad as i dont have a great deal of games played but i just dont know. Because i keep losing every time i play a game and sure i make mistakes but is not oh he made a mistake and the whole game is lost now. I also make some brilliant plays from time to time but if the team doesnt follow up then is meaningless. I really love league of legends and while i liked normals i feel as though is time to move on as ive played 600+ adding up losses. Please i really need some help and all advise is appreciated.

NamKim

06-16-2012

I am not level 30 so I have not played ranked games yet. So, you can completely ignore me.

But what I want to say is that as long as you are trying your best to win and have the mentality that you want to improve yourself. I see nothing wrong with you continuing to play ranked. The only thing you have have to worry about is the dreaded "elo hell" I keep hearing about. I would suggest duo queuing with a friend. That might increase your chances of victory since you are with someone you trust very well. At the very least, losing does not seem so bad when you are with your friend.

Now, if you found someone a lot more experienced to play with then that is even better since they can give you advice. Although, I would think it would be hard to find more experience players considering you have already played so many games

Azphix

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I am not level 30 so I have not played ranked games yet. So, you can completely ignore me.

But what I want to say is that as long as you are trying your best to win and have the mentality that you want to improve yourself. I see nothing wrong with you continuing to play ranked. The only thing you have have to worry about is the dreaded "elo hell" I keep hearing about. I would suggest duo queuing with a friend. That might increase your chances of victory since you are with someone you trust very well. At the very least, losing does not seem so bad when you are with your friend.

Now, if you found someone a lot more experienced to play with then that is even better since they can give you advice. Although, I would think it would be hard to find more experience players considering you have already played so many games
Thnks for the advice more would be appreciated.

Sexual Healing

06-16-2012

It's important to continue queuing ranked if you are interested to raising your play level. If you're not interested in ranked, don't play it. If you are, and you hit a losing streak, just queue normals for a bit or take a break. LoL takes a lot of endurance and focus and multi-management, and tends to be rather fatiguing.

Sometimes its not about mistakes (especially in solo queue) as much as it is about your mechanics and your ability to encourage your team to take objectives when appropriate. A good presence in chat paired with solid game play will allow you to lead your team from any role.

Simple things like timing buffs, encouraging cooperative efforts towards objectives, and maintaining a positive attitude will do amazing things for your win rate. You will not win every game, but you can convince ignorant scrubs to play better by being vocal (but not overbearing) in regards to gameplay.

Imuteall

07-12-2014

If you can keep your moral up, you can keep playing.
But if you are on tilt is better for you to stop.
I know what Im saying been from promos to plat V to gold V like 20 times already lol.
Always because I got on tilt so fast. Now I just play when I feel like playing not because "I have to rank" and Im winning almost 7/3 games per day in ranked. I almost dont rage or flame anymore, when Im starting to get on tilt I just quit for the day because I know that I would just drop the team morale and ruin everyone game.

Best way to end your losing streak is learn when to play ranked and when to play normal.
If you feel awesome, positive and very confident go ranked, you prob gonna stomp everybody with that attitude, if you feel kinda annoyed or sorta go normal if YOU MUST play to keep the mechanics or learn a new champ but try to keep the chat at minimum.

PonderousSeaLion

07-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imuteall View Post
If you can keep your moral up, you can keep playing.
But if you are on tilt is better for you to stop.
I know what Im saying been from promos to plat V to gold V like 20 times already lol.
Always because I got on tilt so fast. Now I just play when I feel like playing not because "I have to rank" and Im winning almost 7/3 games per day in ranked. I almost dont rage or flame anymore, when Im starting to get on tilt I just quit for the day because I know that I would just drop the team morale and ruin everyone game.

Best way to end your losing streak is learn when to play ranked and when to play normal.
If you feel awesome, positive and very confident go ranked, you prob gonna stomp everybody with that attitude, if you feel kinda annoyed or sorta go normal if YOU MUST play to keep the mechanics or learn a new champ but try to keep the chat at minimum.
This is a thread from 2012. C'mon bro.

Koi Nami Only

07-12-2014

Holy necro.

PonderousSeaLion

07-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi Nami Only View Post
Holy necro.
Although I must say I find people giving real answers to questions from 2 years ago to be immensely amusing.

ElectroBlade

07-12-2014

At least the answers still apply to today. :P

Dreyst

07-12-2014

... I was wondering why such a relatively positive post was getting downvoted. Then I saw the Karthus.