ryze build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

06-18-2012

Just played my first game with ryze. I didn't feel like I was doing the dmg most ryze do. I also need to get better as using my ult. My build was this:

Sorc shoes
Arch
Banshees
Wota
FH
ROA

but not in that particular order. Any items I should be doing different?

I also had issues with my Q not firing when i was right next to someone. Maybe I was clicking hot keys too fast i dunno.

Duas

06-18-2012

wota is not damage for ryze

try not to finish item builds until you get your core, catalyst and glacial shroud and even another catalyst if you want, or MR if their ap is strong, ROA is good to finish first if u thinik youll be taking a lot of hits, but archangels staff shud be finished last, as fnishing it adds ap which is useless to ryze early, and finishing FH is useless, stick glacial shroud unless ur up agaisnt 4 AD's or a fed ad

Dane Belthound

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duas View Post
wota is not damage for ryze

try not to finish item builds until you get your core, catalyst and glacial shroud and even another catalyst if you want, or MR if their ap is strong, ROA is good to finish first if u thinik youll be taking a lot of hits, but archangels staff shud be finished last, as fnishing it adds ap which is useless to ryze early, and finishing FH is useless, stick glacial shroud unless ur up agaisnt 4 AD's or a fed ad
So what would I use instead of WoTa? I got a complete build last game.

jiggaboo quentin

06-18-2012

what you feel is not enough damage is a matter of varied perception. you may be doing enough, considering that riot nerfed his damage while maintaining his survivability through mana items.

if you want a damage booster, get runes. per level or flat, depending on which aspect of your game you value most. if an early game kill is what you need, get flat. if you want to scale hard, then per level. just mess around with rune combinations.

jiggaboo quentin

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
So what would I use instead of WoTa? I got a complete build last game.
void staff or abyssal scepter are also good options, depending on what your team needs. if the other team stacks MR, void staff. abyssal is especially helpful with 2 AP champs, but if you need the extra MR for yourself, nothing wrong that.

Amoc

06-18-2012

Ryze needs to be spammy to do lots of damage. Getting tear stacked early is important, as is getting blue asap. With a starting core of Tear, Catalyst and Glacial Shroud, he's already looking pretty good. Personally I don't build WotA until later game (most games I never get that far), just because his ult already gives great spell vamp when he needs it. I think if you're going to build your catalyst into a RoA, you should do it earlier rather than later so it has time to grow. Often I build a second catalyst into BV later if I do that.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

first problem i see, ROA should be your first main item not last, since he also uses ap as much as mana now his build changed a little from a few months ago

normal when I play ryze: boots, pots>tear on first b>glacial shroud>catalyst>RoA>sorcs(get before roa if you need them or team fights are happening already)>Frozen heart>Archangel>Void Staff/abyssal(I use abyssal vs double ap teams)> last item depends on what you need: banshee for more mr, lich bane for movespeed, wota for double ap teams, rylais if you are being focused by ad, QSS if getting chain cced

last item is almost never finished, except maybe QSS since it is so cheap