Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJ191

06-17-2012

It's honestly not that bad... but at the same time in split-second situations it makes all the difference.

BTW if you go look at the population statistics for aus/nz, even if only 1% of our population plays LoL we would have nearly 300k players, this is ignoring all other SEA/oceanic/australasian areas JUST aus/nz. (population of 26, 696, 600 for aus/nz)

Riot made a server for the brazilians - well while we only have about 12% of their population, we have 50% of their GDP (if you don't know what this is go google it; in simplest terms it is how much money the country has).

This isn't to say it would definitely be viable, you'd need absolute player statistics for that. It could be a bit low at plat where there would be (based on the supposed 0.1% statistic) ~300 players, but 300 is still enough for 30 games at once depending on when people play (which is more likely to have people on at the same time because of similar timezones). I mean even if those 300 people all play at different 4 hour time intervals you still get around 50 people on at once.

This is all conjecture though so it's pretty much useless unless riot gives us playerbase statistics for the oceanic region.

eLeMeF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

I'm always getting ~240 in WA.

Av AX0N

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

It's not as simple as just "go play on Garena with the other Asians" - firstly, they won't let us take part in their major tournaments unless we rack up circuit points on their server, and secondly, THEY DON'T FRICKEN SPEAK ENGLISH ON THEIR SERVER!

In fact, depending on what ISP we use, our ping can be even worse on Garena than for NA. I personally get 195-200 ping on NA and 240+ on Garena on TPG.

Gringo

06-17-2012

These are all good ideas, it's progress within the keyhole. Hopefully, we can do a trade switch from one server to another, enabling us to talk locally with our friends and play on our loved accounts with our skins, runes etc. This is great, it's happening. Only time will tell my friends.

Booker DeWitt

06-17-2012

u forget about nz bloody aussies

yamlax

06-17-2012

ali combo.... what is this you talk about?!?!?!?!

CourtroomAnarchy

06-17-2012

Even just having an East-Asian/Oceanic server would be better.
I reckon they should implement that server.

Nytharious

06-17-2012

So, ive read a fair few of these, didnt bother to read them all. But all you people who are going im getting 300+ ping and its unbearable, shut up! Ive got friends who will play at 1000+ ping and it doesnt bother them.
A: get better pc's
B: get better internet.
I get any where between 100-250 ping, hasnt gone higher then 250 unless everyone in my house is downloading or using the internet at the same time.
Yes an australian server would be great, but I dont see the need for it.

Nytharious

06-17-2012

Besides before they throw in an australian server they need to make sure that NA and EU are actually capable of running all the time. So far they have had issues with their servers, personally I reckon if they fix the NA and EU servers completly and have them running at full we wouldnt need an australian server/

Bloodmo0n

06-17-2012

What you can do is download and install garena lol, which has roughly 100 ping. It is a significant improvement, however there are some language barriers that come into play and you wont have all of your champs. I don't see why this server couldn't be incorporated into the game.