Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M Běson

06-16-2012

cbf making a new account if there's an oceanic server

Ecclessian

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bux Zántel View Post
If I had an Australain dollar for every time I've heard this arguement, I'd be as rich as Kerry Packer. I'm an Australian player, and I honestly don't even notice it. If Riot decides to create an Australian server, then by all means, go for it, but right now, I honestly don't see the need for it.

For some perspective, 1000 ping is one second of difference. I get about 180 ping most of the time.

HOLY CHRIST THATS 0.1 OF A SECOND. RIOT GIVE US A SERVER
/sarcasm
what are you talking about? 350 ping is enough to make me think I'm having fps issues. 180 ping barely causes any problems for me, but once you hit that 250 threshold things get dirty real fast

Skytro

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhite2086 View Post
Oh look, it's this thread again...
I'd love to see an Aussie/Oceanic server so I could get a better ping than 150 but I don't see anything happening until our government gets off it's arse and does something about the crappy way our country treats game companies

Edit: Since when do Aussies downvote for beating up on the government. Not cool guys
Don't blame the government (at least not for this reason) blame telstra

locantt

06-16-2012

i get 180 in vic, i find the only real disadvantage is agaisnt people with like 30 odd ping otherwise its cool. They need more exposure to tournaments here though

Gringo

06-16-2012

Australia is a good place, we're competitive. Just some other countries don't appreciate us.

visule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

i think the main issue is that we have a large land mass with a relatively small population.

Per capita, im pretty sure its not cost effective to justify setting up a server deployment in aus - our landmass is roughly the same as america, but with 1/20th the population. they would just lose ridiculous money getting everything set up, for a tiny player base, and lets face it, this issue isn't even one thats causing us aussies to desert the game in droves, its just causing us to whine a bit.

so meanwhile, i say we should back the boats off, let all the asylum seekers and refugees in on the proviso that they play lol for the rest of their lives, until we have enough that setting up servers becomes economically viable!

never thought of that positive, did you abbott

MakinBacnPanCaks

06-16-2012

Suport 100% Aussie and new Zealanders all ways get the worst in Online gaming.

Chuuper

06-16-2012

I don't want australia to get their own server because I like all the aussies I've met =(

But I guess I shouldn't be selfish and let you guys play on less ping T_T

Glyndn

06-16-2012

Isn't there some way they can reduce the ping for over seas players etc, just anything?

AshFiend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

you guys are aware that SEA (South East Asia) has its own server right? It's hosted by Garena though. Although on the flip side, the NA server is blocked here.