Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

demonnoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Yea as a kiwi this sounds fantastic,I don't mind waiting for a match.Great idea op.

Gringo

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonnoob View Post
Yea as a kiwi this sounds fantastic,I don't mind waiting for a match.Great idea op.
:-)

Gringo

06-20-2012

bump.

Axecution

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

bump

Zaptar

06-20-2012

riot pls

OJ191

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxdec View Post
So ask yourself this then, would you quit LoL if nothing is done about your requests and no servers are made for NZ/Aus?

Probably not, because what other f2p game is as awesome as this?

Seriously... There just isn't enough players to make this possible. I have to deal with the same "problem" you do and it doesn't bother me one bit.
Do you know why? Because it makes absolutely no difference to your play...

I think the only reason so many people agree with your POV whilst disagreeing with mine is due to the split/ratio of different skilled players. Gold badge is the top 3% of players. If i were to look up the elo's of everyone posting on this thread, most of them are below 1200-1250. They probably think that their "high" ping is what is holding them back from getting a decent elo when really, it's their lack of skill. I don't mean to sound harsh, so excuse me if i come off that way.

Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Edit: you guys can downvote me all you like, i'm sorry that you guys are so bad you're stuck in elo "hell" (doesn't exist, you're just bad).
High ping doesn't affect play as much as people think it does, but it DOES affect it significantly - especially when trying to carry a game at lower elos and split second differences can make or break a game (or at very high elo where the same happens).

Axecution

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxdec View Post
Yeah, exactly. "Hundreds of upvotes". You really think it's worth it for Riot to pump cash into an oceanic server which is going to cost them god knows how much... For "hundreds of upvotes"?

I'm from NZ so i know what everyone is dealing with in terms of ping and tbh it makes such an insignificant difference to your play. You get so used to the 150-200 ping that it ends up not mattering at all.

If you think the "high" ping is what is holding you back from your gold/plat badge, you're sorely mistaken. Smh.
Let me explain this in terms you might understand.

Having 200 ping (I get like 170-190) means you have 0.2 seconds of delay. Now that doesn't seem like much, but when you couple that with your normal reaction time (between 0.1 and 0.2 seconds) then it becomes significant.

I play supports and certain things take a little longer (making it not as good). Clutch shields now have a 0.2 second delay. Spamming Janna's tornado now has a 0.2 second delay to cast and 0.2 second delay to launch. That means you can't use it to cancel mid-air abilities which is a major move by Janna unless I predict it 0.4 seconds in advance.

Alistar has the pulv/headbutt combo, the way people do this is by hitting Q as soon as they see Alistar responding to the headbutt command. Since it takes me 0.1+ seconds longer to send the Pulverize command I don't have the same time to respond. In fact, the only way for me to do the combo is to use the combo BEFORE Alistar responds to the headbutt. This means if I'm out of range I'll be headbutting the ground.

Flash + Combo with Janna.... yeah not happening. I'll probably ult them to safely as they have time to respond and flash away.

So while the 200 ping isn't keeping me from Plat. (but rather my lack of skills) It doesn't help. I have limitations and am not playing this game to it's full potential.

SynGG

06-20-2012

500 likes wow

Elbaba

06-20-2012

Bump

Gringo

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyndicateGG View Post
500 likes wow
I'm really overwhelmed. Sounds weird, but it's a step forward in my gaming career.