Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinste

01-22-2013

We will get the server

KínseySíx

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
So does this guy still work here or what?.

I imagine he's retired to look after his grandkids and play golf by now. Chances are I'm going to be retired myself by the time we hear anything on this issue. I hope my nursing home has decent wifi.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Skrew Off View Post
We will get the server
Riot takes their sweeeet fking time man.

Sexy Nick FTW

01-22-2013

bump

Lord Xantosh

01-22-2013

there is one major problem with having an oceanic based server, yeah you may get low ping, but there will also be an even lower population, think about how many aussies (like myself) who would rather deal with the high ping but be able to not wait ages for a game to be found!, this is the same thing that killed Australian based servers of SW:TOR, yeah lat is great but hardly ever anyone on due to 1: odd work hours, 2:the sparse population (compared to how condensed america's population is!), so they had to reconsolidate all their servers into HI POP servers but even still hardly any Australians want to wait 10 to 20 mins to get a FP group.

surely RIOT is smart enough to see that for Australia's population size, it is currently unwise to put a server base here, and also, what American in their right mind would want to go play on an Australian server.

now don't get me wrong but i am stating fact here, as a fellow Aussie (Far North QLD) i suffer anywhere from 300ms to 600ms lag, yet in playing non-ranked pvp, i have no issues sealing the deal and making my Gentleman Cho'Gath go "Nom Nom Nom Nomm!" on someone with 35ms lat! i just have to click a fraction of a second before i want to kill someone, its that simple!

Lord Xantosh

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Cat View Post
<sarcasm>The best part about playing at 220 ping is when I'm playing TF, having to select the red card when I want the gold card because it takes that long for the server to receive your commands. By the time it recieves it, its already changed to Gold from Red.</sarcasm>

well if you know what your doing then press it a fraction before the card you want comes up and you won't have that problem, eg when i go to charge someone on Vi, i aim a bit ahead to compensate for my lagg, its that easy, don't be lazy, use your head!

Coom

01-22-2013

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xantosh View Post
well if you know what your doing then press it a fraction before the card you want comes up and you won't have that problem, eg when i go to charge someone on Vi, i aim a bit ahead to compensate for my lagg, its that easy, don't be lazy, use your head!
No. This is the whole reason why we want a server and why these threads exist. We don't want to have to deal with this problem. It's an unfair disadvantage and it just makes some matches not fun to play. Not to mention the disgustingly erratic and extreme ping spikes.

Kenzo84

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgogogo View Post
hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your leagueof legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
wow.

Someone got fired.

KínseySíx

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xantosh View Post

surely RIOT is smart enough to see that for Australia's population size, it is currently unwise to put a server base here, and also, what American in their right mind would want to go play on an Australian server.
!

The longest wait I've had on DOTA2's Australian server is like 3 and half minutes, and that was at 3:30am.

I'm not sure what LoL's Oceanic player base really is, but I'll be willing to bet it's a damn site larger than DOTA2's. The numbers are there, maybe not for every single game mode, but as long as there are enough for SR and ARAM I'd be more than happy.

Szahn

01-22-2013

Bump for Riot response.

Last nights ping was well over 200. Had the old "character doesn't move for a few seconds then runs at super speed around the map" issue quite a lot.