Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyNinjah

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
I like how you reply to this thread but just sweep all the threads asking for a transfer system under the rug like they were never there

Kazugaru

11-10-2012

are we gonna get this server or what, i have given up on skill shot champions now

Prince Xorism

11-10-2012

I'd love a new Aus based server, but only if i don't need to start a new account >.>

Vampiric BK

11-10-2012

This is a great post dude. I have wanted this for ages. The 250-350 ping is just horrible especially with my computer being horrible it just tears it down.
Upvoted because this would be a great idea.

Downwithu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Bump!

Timmytentoes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskill Sonnet View Post
I just wanted to ask,
I know latency sucks, but is it really *that* noticeable?

If you have up to 250 Ping, that is a half-second delay. True it is a half second delay on *everything* and doesn't factor in reaction times, but would that half second be utilizable?

And that's the difference from perfect ping.
Other players will have latency, (Except those who have a ridiculously low 10 or 15), so the gap between players is even less.

That said, I also play from Oceania and have a ping see-sawing between 180 and 230 the entire match.
XD
It would be comforting to give blame for my recent rash of bad games to server delay, at least in part.

Oceania may not have the sheer numbers to support a vibrant player-base.
The issue is not about just having enough players for x simultaneous games, it's about having players with the right mix of skill and affability. I love that I can play within this massive server community and experience such a vast array of insight and personality.
Then again, Oceania may be capable of exactly this, Riot probably have means to investigate the numbers.

I didn't intend to come off as this disheartening, but so be it.

Let me just say that I have played with pings of 50 all the way to 250 and you should know beyond a shade of a doubt it is a HUGE delay when compared to your reaction time. You notice every 50 ms or so rather well when you play with them. I couldn't believe that spells went off when you clicked them in game when I played at 50 ping, my performance was uber boosted I can't fathom what 8 ms is like for cali players and it is a serious advantage.
In games like WoW its near impossible to do arenas because your character could be ontop of an enemy trying to melee him and you would be out of range (Just one example).

Tektekk

11-10-2012

~Bump

LetMeCarryThis

11-10-2012

no response riot.....good on ya!-.-

pawsd

11-11-2012

bump as heck!!!!!!!!

Snsaz

11-11-2012

Daily bump