Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Australian LoL Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sexy Nick FTW

09-17-2012

Being unable to play lol because the servers are always down in the Oceania peak time because that is when the least players overall play. It bugs me to see how we always seem to get treated the worst, when an Australian server would fix all this.

Teteo

09-17-2012

Sure it we may be at a disadvantage, but in all honesty it's not something that can't be dealt with.

First step: learn to use smartcast. Having moved from the US to Australia I never needed smartcast but it helps to slightly counter act ping issues.

Second step: Work on your play. Regardless of the ping skill takes over. I know plenty of high ELO Aussie players. 90% of the time it's not your connection, it's you.

Tactictoe

09-17-2012

I played a few games on the Garena SEA server. Ping varies from game to game 140-180ish. Games at 140 are an amazing difference to my NA games at 230. Last hitting is so much easier, I am able to watch minion health get much lower to prevent lane pushing. Everything is more responsive and my CS is much improved. I haven't played any characters with a fast combo yet except for Lux in a 180 ping match. This was a little better as I was able to detonate her E almost instantly.

BobbyTabless

09-17-2012

Another aussie here. I'm on the new fibre optic network and the best ping I have gotten is 169. This looks to be the limit.

Zephyrin

09-17-2012

bump

el raeptraino

09-18-2012

bumpu for my homies rolling in 270 lat

Luxury48

09-18-2012

I hope we get a server soon

I play in Cairns, QLD Australia and play with an average ping of 252.

XxZilvaxX

Recruiter

09-18-2012

Man if they got an Ocianic server i would acctually Buy riot points and so would me mates! I'm sure they would make so much more money to and we'd all be much happier!

Gringo

09-19-2012

Bump.

Akadian8128

09-20-2012

Please Riot. Give us our server!