Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serverload

09-07-2012

Agreed! At my home I get around 210-220. I have adsl 2, average around 800kbps (Decent for where i live in the suburbs). I agree the skill shot champs require a bit of tuition, guesswork and hoping they move in the correct direction I think they will.

I created an account on the Garena server, which i use to get around 130 ping. The difference was amazing, the problems are the language barrier, the disconnects/afks were constant even at lvl 30 and ranked. They have done something to the server and now I currently get around 190-230 ping average. I don't really use it because of the langauge barrier. Hard to play a game when four allies talk in a langage i cant understand and its just pings to follow by.

Australians really do need a server here. Even if we could average 50-100 ping the different could be the new champions of LoL ranked. I'm sure that there is at least one or two players here that has the potential of winning tournaments vs the current top rated elo champs. I am usually forced to play champions that don't really have indepth skill shots.
I personally have spent between 200-300 dollars on RP, a transfer system would be great, but I would personally spend more cash on a aussie server.

Connecting from Melbourne, suburbs approx 30 minutes from CBD. ADSL2 800kbps download speed. 200-230 ping approx (Not sure other details not home atm).
Also connecting from regional melbourne approx 2 hours from CBD using wireless broadband USB (Approx 270 ping but spikes due to wireless and can reach sometimes 500-600 ping)

IntuitionaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
I really hope you guys find some solution.

I know it's hard because there might not be enough players for an Australian dedicated server (probably will suffer from longer queue times) and some people are more attached to the NA server as well.

Also it's mainly our internet over here which is terrible which is the main reason why the pings are higher.

If only we could have better pings while still being able to play on the NA Server or maybe have some universal account settings which let us bounce back and forth between NA and AU servers.

SoSoT

09-07-2012

Bumpity

TooDamnEasy

09-09-2012

bump

el raeptraino

09-09-2012

super bumpu

Azphreal

09-09-2012

I get around 208ms at best.
Also, my framerate drops to around 6fps every five minutes for ten. I know this isn't just happening to me, so it's not my computer. Another side effect of having to connect to the American servers?

SoSoT

09-12-2012

Bump

Chrisatrone

09-13-2012

Play from Sydney Australia

get 175-180 ping all the time

GoGoGadget

09-13-2012

bump

Sexy Nick FTW

09-13-2012

Bump