Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leib Olmai

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobaltCC View Post
I'm in Canada and regularly get 200+ ping.
ON THE SAME CONTINENT

I feel your pain...
The problem is your connection then.

z4c

09-07-2012

I live in Sydney and I net a constant 160 ping.

The lag I get is fine simply, Skillshot champions feel a bit clunky but I played fighting games before lol.

Ask me to Ali combo and i'll give you a 90% hitrate assuming i'm in range.

akaRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
Just another generic message, "We are looking into the issue."

Don't you have any updates on what is actually happening? New server? Better ping on NA? Different queue system? (So we can only group with Oceania players)

Something? Anything?

By having Oceania players on there own server that will help the NA server, less players = better server and therefore you won't need to put a queue in place. This will make everyone happier.

We would finally shut up and stop asking and *****ing about our 200+ ping. I personally get 175ish, but even than it's bad.

I can, as most of us can say, playing with 5 players on ~175+ ping vs 5 on ~25+ ping is almost a guaranteed loss. You just can't keep up with them and the moment you get aggresive you lose due to response time.

Butts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Oh god a Rioter, CONTINUE BUMPING BRETHREN!

What The Gank

09-07-2012

ping down, elo up?

dustwind

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inbred Taco View Post

Let me first state that there is no way that an Australian can experience a low latency without actually moving to another country, so many of them do not know any other game other than LoL at 200ms.
So true, have played many online games, and am used to 200-600 ping, WoW back in ~2005 was super rough early on until learning I could queue spells about 60% through the cast.

Played SWTOR, when they released Australian servers I was gobsmacked at how noticeable it was with 20-50ping.

That being said I'm not sure I'd want to convert over to an oceanic region, I do have friends I've known for awhile on the America's not that I usually play with them.

Haskill Sonnet

09-07-2012

I just wanted to ask,
I know latency sucks, but is it really *that* noticeable?

If you have up to 250 Ping, that is a half-second delay. True it is a half second delay on *everything* and doesn't factor in reaction times, but would that half second be utilizable?

And that's the difference from perfect ping.
Other players will have latency, (Except those who have a ridiculously low 10 or 15), so the gap between players is even less.

That said, I also play from Oceania and have a ping see-sawing between 180 and 230 the entire match.
XD
It would be comforting to give blame for my recent rash of bad games to server delay, at least in part.

Oceania may not have the sheer numbers to support a vibrant player-base.
The issue is not about just having enough players for x simultaneous games, it's about having players with the right mix of skill and affability. I love that I can play within this massive server community and experience such a vast array of insight and personality.
Then again, Oceania may be capable of exactly this, Riot probably have means to investigate the numbers.

I didn't intend to come off as this disheartening, but so be it.

requium

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
A red post! It's a miracle! Thank you so much for the response, I'm really excited for what Riot hopefully has planned for the Australian League Scene! It warms my heart that you ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY came here to see what things are like! Best of luck for getting something awesome going for us Aussies and surrounding places!

requium

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobaltCC View Post
I'm in Canada and regularly get 200+ ping.
ON THE SAME CONTINENT

I feel your pain...
Imagine 200ping being normal and having 300-400 when your ISP is having issues. Sucks man! D:

cpmd4

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonayz View Post
Where in Canada are you?! I'm in Canada, too (Montreal, Quebec,) and my ping never goes above 100.
I'm even further east with TERRIBLE internet and get a nice 110 ping. This guy must have dial up.