Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

06-17-2012

bump!

Gringo

06-17-2012

bump for it!

OmegaFoamy

06-17-2012

Amoomoo supports this! OutBack Renekton would approve.

SunSurf4

06-17-2012

If there was any reason why we don't already have a dedicated server and/or tournament, it would be due to the distances.

Husy15

06-17-2012

And...... The Patches are rediculoulus.. by the time Aussies get home,.... Patching for rest of night... Getting so sick of it....

Zmasta2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

why don't you play on one of the eu servers?

omg I lagged wow

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmasta2 View Post
why don't you play on one of the eu servers?
Probably because the ping from here to there is worse from where we live.

Zmasta2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inbred Pancake View Post
Probably because the ping from here to there is worse from where we live.
realistically you will never get your own server

InvictusWolf

06-17-2012

The difference between 30 ping and 300 is really noticable, host any game localy and see how much better it is than one long distance.

if you guys in america n what not had to play on our ping you would complain lol not to mention you would get stomped by us aussies cause u aint used to it.

personally id love to get on even footing with americans just to see if they can keep up lol

TehBoomer

06-17-2012

I'm not sure if this has been said or not yet, but here's my opinion. I like the massive player base of NA. If there were suddenly a SEA server it'd be just like SC2. 5-30 mins to get a game depending on the time of day. I'd still play on the NA servers because the ping really is hardly noticable, and if anything, makes me better.

Additionally, 250-300 is easily playable. The wife and I were staying at a holiday apartment for 3 months where I would sometimes get a ping of 300, at the lowest. Most of the time I was playing w/ 500-900ms (and I managed to get good at it) and would occasionally get huge spikes to 6k+. Anything over 700ms is unplayable, 250-300 is fine.