Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Australian LoL Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tack22

07-17-2012

I'm usually 200- 225 ping.

And if I ever get no ping, it will be so, so very good. Worth leaving all my american friends behind.
Plus, I mean, if we get an Aus dedicated server, it'll be a lot easier to get in the ranked circuit.

FlipStream

07-17-2012

Hello Australian summoners!

Although we here at Riot do understand that there is a large amount of Australian servers who are upset with the ping from NA, we are not focused on spending the money to add servers in such an insignificant area, if we are going to add new servers, they would most likely be in South America, due to the significant more amount of players there who are also unhappy with their ping. If you wish to get better ping, move off of the giant desert in the corner of the map, unfortunately we all can't come to you!

Generic Riot Member

joodajoo

07-17-2012

why do aussies play on american servers and then qq they lag all day

da sense is not der

Jóhn

07-17-2012

Quote:
FlipStream:
Hello Australian summoners!

Although we here at Riot do understand that there is a large amount of Australian servers who are upset with the ping from NA, we are not focused on spending the money to add servers in such an insignificant area, if we are going to add new servers, they would most likely be in South America, due to the significant more amount of players there who are also unhappy with their ping. If you wish to get better ping, move off of the giant desert in the corner of the map, unfortunately we all can't come to you!

Generic Riot Member

Sounds like you are a closed minded idiot.

Jóhn

07-17-2012

Quote:
joodajoo:
why do aussies play on american servers and then qq they lag all day

da sense is not der

Best they can get? Obv.

MildPiranha

Recruiter

07-17-2012

Bump

Autisms

07-17-2012

Bump! All the Americans trying to get the point across that 200 ping is not a noticable difference, it IS, and even so that is not the point.
I have said it before and will say it again!
If we DO have internet problems, our latency spikes up to around 350-400. This as you know is unplayable and can ruin ranked games because we're either disconnected or lagging too hard to play with a stable score.
There is another advantage of having servers: Faster patch download times

Please Riot! We don't want to go to Garena, just try and invest in a SEA server so we can play at a stable speed I can't stand 300 ping :/

FlipStream

07-17-2012

Quote:
Detnator:
Sounds like you are a closed minded idiot.

Sounds like you have no logical response to my awnser summing up your whole thread making you the closed mind idiot, gotta stop messing around with those kangaroos mang, they get you all worked up.

HlGH LATENCY

07-17-2012

hopefully they do make an aussie server would make climbing elo hell of alot easier!

SaedaS

07-17-2012

riot, pls