Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Australian LoL Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jalapenoonastick

06-17-2012

Theres no point having an australian server because the community would be quite small plus the skill level would be evidently alot lower meaning even longer q times for higher elo players, ie how many australians are plat and higher ? if you can count them thats a problem. Sure our ping issues would be resolved but i'd rather play against a larger base of players, shorter q times and slighty worse ping.

Blugyblug

06-17-2012

~180 average ping

~1520 elo

I main Anivia.

I'm pretty ****ing sure that the main reason i'm not higher than my current elo is because of my CS. And that's partly because of ping. And Anivia's ****ty last hitting animation.

Gringo

06-17-2012

The ping is fine I suppose, just a slight disadvantage. It's the spikes. The queue timer would be significantly longer, but to play the game you like at 30-40 ping without any dramas, still being able to play locally with your friends etc. It will take some time, seeing as we aren't in numbers like America. But, in no time soon we'll have a great gaming environment.

whatever2

06-17-2012

our internet options suck so hard compared to the rest of the 1st world countries.
pay $50/month, get 213 ping
pay $150/month, get 213 ping
/boggle
plus our government, for some unknown reason, kokkblocks gaming companies setting up servers over here? Or tries to milk them for money to the point they just pull out.

Maybe if Riot set up a server in southern asia somewhere that we could connect too? Covers the australasian area?

Though If you ever played iRO, you'd remember the utterly terrible lag all the time. Dunno if that was just that game, or whatnot

sodeepawp

06-17-2012

aztecxcore makes me want to puke

Yannny

06-17-2012

At lest League Of Legends wasn't rated as an AO game, therefore would be banned from Australia. (Or watered down in l4d's case)

Pistacio

Recruiter

06-17-2012

free bump

teacuptim

Adjudicator

06-17-2012

It would be nice, but we just don't have the numbers, plain and simple.

Zephrux

06-17-2012

i can do the ali headbutt pulv combo 95% of the time, so i don't really see why an au/nz server would be necessary. sure if we had one it'd, be better, but playing on 210 ping is fine for me.

Gringo

06-17-2012

Quote:
teacuptim:
It would be nice, but we just don't have the numbers, plain and simple.

It's work in progress, if they see it now. The community of Australian players, could grow.