Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Life of LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daz711

06-15-2012

Part 1

Do not expect much from me. I refuse to get sentimental. I refuse to get soft. I will tell it as it was, nothing more, nothing less. Many know little of the Black Rose, and even less of me. They ask me “How is it you became known as the Deceiver?” or, “Where are you really from”. But until now, there have been no answers. As I take more and more risks on the Fields of Justice, I realize it is…necessary for you all to know my real story. But I do not wish to be pitied, I wish to be remembered.
My early life is vague at most. Cloudy visions of walks on the beach with my parents and siblings fill my dreams at night. I remember little of my friends, that is, if I had any real friends. I remember little of those who took care of me. I do however, vividly remember my siblings. My parents did not care for me. Not really, at least. They did however care for my older brother, fondly named “LeMort” or “The Death”. As you can probably tell, my parents valued power over anything else. Power that they saw in my brother, but not in me. Blessed with overwhelming physical strength and mental acuity, he was not a force to be trifled with. And then there was my sister. Not-so-conformingly named Adrienne. A gifted sorceress from a very early age, she was my parents’ pride and joy. Together with my brother, they were the talk of all of the elegant parties held at my family’s mansion. Noxian elite can be cruel, and in such they ridiculed me as the “ugly duckling” of my family. To this day, I cannot remember my family name. Family names were scarcely used in that time, and the various families were simply referred to as the family of whatever patriarch there was. For example, they would have referred to me as LeBlanc, daughter of Alexandre. Do not be fooled by this. Social status was everything. With the right family, you could find your way into any palace in all of Valoran. My family was certainly one of those, but it was not for me to enjoy. My first tangible memories are around the age of eight or so. It was during this time that my siblings began to travel the world. While my brother and sister were off in faraway kingdoms, I was left to pine away my time in my family’s vast estate. It was during a time when my parents and siblings were away that I stumbled across my father’s library. I recalled my father mentioned to my siblings to never enter this sanctuary of knowledge, and to most definitely never touch any of the books in there. I trembled at the thought of my father’s rage if he found out if I, his weak, failure of a daughter had entered his library, a place off limits even to those he valued more than life itself. But then, perhaps out of spite, I opened the door. Inside, I came across row upon row of ancient bookshelves. Lined with ancient books bound in cloth, and some in what looked like leather. On top of each bookshelf, there was a marker, ancient and worn, with the topic of what was contained within. Immediately, I began to scan for the topic that I desired, for which my heart really yearned, power. I scanned and scanned until finally I found it. The marker itself appeared to be the most ancient of them all. The same goes for the bookcase, a testament to my family’s priorities for centuries. Each book was wrapped in a leather binding. Most dark, but some of the most ancient books wrapped in a light binding. Upon further examination, a sudden grotesque reality hit me. The oldest of books were not wrapped in leather, but in human skin. I examined the title of one of these skin wrapped books and realized it in my family’s old language. La Puissance et la Magie. The Power and the Magic. I tried to open this ancient grimoire, but it was to no avail. I flipped it over and noticed a slot that appeared as though it fit an amulet. However, I recognized the shape of the amulet. It lay in the family vault, far underneath our mansion. A vault to which only my father had the key. Or so it seemed. To me, he was the only one who could open our room of treasures. Nevertheless, I went down to the entrance of the vault. An ancient stone door stood between me, and that which I desired. Oddly enough, a stone door without a keyhole. How could my father possibly have opened this, if there is no keyhole? I shrugged and walked up to the door and tried to slide the stone door open. It was fruitless work. The door refused to budge even a fraction of an inch. There had to be some sort of key. I then tried to read the inscriptions on the door. This was also to of no avail. They were in some sort of unrecognizable, probably long dead script. Perhaps the key was in the words? For this to be true, they somehow had to be discernible. I turned back once more to the library for more information. I rescanned the shelves, this time looking for a specific topic. My family history. I came across a book titled The History of The Family. I assumed that “The Family” was my own family, and I scanned the book for any mention of our old language. Then, I found it. A chart of the old script, translated into the new one. Exactly what I needed. Book in hand, I headed back down to the vault. I deciphered the writing to be “Puissance ouvre toutes les portes” or “Power opens all doors”. I read this out loud and a creaking began beneath the floor. The door slid aside, and I entered the vault. I took little time to look around the collection of my family’s ancient treasures, but went straight to what I needed, the amulet. It was gold with sapphires and ancient beyond anything I had ever seen. I grabbed it from the case and ran back up to the library. I found the ancient book and fit the amulet into the book. Immediately, a black light engulfed the room.

Ask Talon

06-15-2012

wrong forum

Daz711

06-15-2012

ehmmmm which one then. My friend directed me to this :P

Twinkz1234

06-15-2012

Can't help but think this belongs in the fanfiction forum. It's interesting though.

Rawrwott

06-15-2012

1. Fan Fiction forums
2. Paragraphs please. ._.

Ask Talon

06-15-2012

Quote:
Twinkz1234:
Can't help but think this belongs in the fanfiction forum. It's interesting though.

Didn't bother to read it when I saw the lack of formatting.

Daz711

06-15-2012

Bahaha thanks I'll repost this there. and put it into paragraphs. They got messed up when i copied and pasted.