Low ELO/unranked tactics~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xCry0x

06-18-2012

Shen, morgana, kassadin, shaco were banned in every one of my 10 ranked games and the 3-4 normal draft modes I did prior to the ranked so I would not bank on ever being able to play any of them.

In reality you are going to struggle to 'main' every lane unless you have managed to purchase every champion. Your time is best spent on a few lanes so you can buy and learn to play an arsenal of champions which will allow you to effectively counter-pick your lane. And by learn a champion people typically mean a significant amount of games, not playing 10-20 times and getting a few wins in a row at the end and saying you know the champion.

I played against a guy with 1,200 normal wins the other day whos main champ was tyrndamere. I have never seen anybody faceroll an entire team so hard and so fast. He went mid, pushed lane walked into jungle and killed our jungler at wraiths for early 1st blood then went and tore up bot lane. I never knew tyrn could be played that well and it gave me a new respect for the skill level between players with varying levels of experience with a single champion.

FaerellG

06-18-2012

Yeah, I would suggest LeBlanc for early game domination.

whatever L

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZestyCook View Post
Another good thing to do is look at your opponents habits. At low ELO players either play REALLY AGGRESIVE and completely deny themselves creeps (at which point just trade blows and continue farming) or are just too focused on farming and won't trade blows when you harass them (then you can just deny creeps by constantly poking/harrassing them). When i played this low before i noticed these trends.
I'm like an aggressive - farming Akali mid player. I find myself really hard to farm minions when against either AD ranged or AP at any lanes. So in this case I will wait til lvl 2 and use my shroud to constantly denying my lane enemy's exp, but they usually return again after my shroud expires, which doesn't help much.

Any advice for me?

IGintokiI

06-22-2012

I bought LeBlanc and her burst is just retarded, but as all her skills combo together instantly and have high cd..she's pretty much just a 1 trick pony.

What are your thoughts of singed top for low elo?

And whatever L, know when to not be aggressive. if you play draft try and counter pick for your mid as Akali might not be the best choice given your mid opponent

Fuzzyjon13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Trick to denying farm is to hit your farm, and as their farm (your creeps) get low harass your opponent. So when they are about to hit them they either run or take damage without trade. Most people at low elo cant handle being hit and turning for a trade and farming at the same time. Doing this while staying map aware and knowing where their jungle is will help you accelerate. Just try to not die and keep your farm equal and theoretically you wont be losing but you will have chances to win that you gotta take :-)

Duhizy

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
I've seen Twitch be fairly good against people in Normals, but I don't see him played much. How good is he as a pubstomper?

(I know he's fairly UP at higher levels, but this is the low brackets we are talking about)
twitch jungle is actually played very often at high elo, even more so then lower elo. They even play him top lane at high elo and get a wriggles or an executioners calling to keep up with top lane sustain. Also i know for a fact after playing jungle twitch for a long period that its actually useful at every elo because at lower elo they never get any pink wards so u get 30 kills and at high elo every lane has a pink ward in it at all times which is a HUGE gold advantage for a champ that can choose to counter jungle afterwords. You wouldnt believe how many pink wards iv seen been placed after i got three kills at 10 min lool and i just get an oracles and clear everything and just not die.

Koopa Kid

02-14-2013

TBH kills don't win games, towers do.
My team (actual team i play with) was down by like 30-40 kills one time, and we still ended up winning because of our tactics on pushing and switching lanes to push and buff control.
In my opinion the best champs for low elo are ones who can push/lead pushes.
J4's standard is amazing for this, nunu especially with banner of command you just buff that little guy and he chunks hardcore.
Or ones with att speed add-ons, xin, nunu, j4, jax.
Elise is another amazing one because of spiderlings, att spd buff and minion pushes.
And anyone who has an aa reset can be good, i have found vi to be phenomenal at pushing towers quick and being able to get out (and while she is broken atm she can usually dive up to 1 carry and 1 non carry and still come out with a kill).
I would say teemo, but you want more of a team fight presence too for when the time comes.

Zinzon

02-14-2013

You tought of teleport for gank + backdoor??? WHY you didnt consider AD yi! Once lvl 6 teleport in lane and ult haha. Later on you can backdoor

As for lower elo (and disorganized team) i found that a great heimerdinger can wreck teams as long as he have a meatshield. But its really hard to be good with and he dont have a good "time spent playing/pumbstomping" ratio. I just reach the pumbstomping state with him and really enjoy it haha

rikoLash

02-14-2013

You said you're going to learn ashe and tristana and you have Kog'maw? All rather hard to play champions.
Low risk decently high reward = Ezreal
Medium risk high reward = miss fortune
high risk hiiiighhh reward = vayne

So many other champions like Draven, Corki, Sivir and Graves etc.