Low ELO/unranked tactics~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGintokiI

06-15-2012

So I'm wanting to start ranked games and I want to be best prepared with tactics that will win most of my games. I have a few ideas.

First I was thinking, as a jungler...say Alistar, why not have your second spell be teleport so you can just drop a ward in top/bot/mid so you can teleport right behind whoever you want to gank with no effort and headbutt them into your turret. I know this would easily be countered with vision wards, but vision wards are **** expensive and would set back the enemy team in gold. This is only viable in low elo/unranked as wards are shunned and rarely used...half the time I can't imagine the enemy team bothering to counter ward.

Also, why not use teleport on any champ with super fast attack speed to backdoor with? I rarely see this done, and when i do it seems to make a big advantage against an unorganized team..which is..every team in unranked.

Or even simply warding the **** out of the map. I'm not sure how possible this is to do by yourself (cost wise) as your team will most likely refuse to help ward.

I know these are really simple ideas..I had more on hand but i've forgotten them already >>. In any case I'd like help with as many low elo tactics I can use to dominate my games despite having a horrible team.

I hear plenty that if you are really worthy of not being in low elo/elo hell, you'd simply pull yourself out on your own skill. I want to know everything necessary to do this.

Links/advice welcome
Thanks

FaerellG

06-15-2012

First off, I'm glad you understand one of the biggest things about carrying yourself through lower Elo brackets:

Higher level tactics don't work at lower levels because they rely on your teammates having a higher level of play skill.

Second, good on you for thinking about wards.

Last, regarding jungler with teleport. It's certainly a good idea, but you also have to consider the end-game possibility. One of the key flaws with your plan is that when you teleport to a ward, that ward is revealed to the enemy team for that duration. So they have a good chance of spotting you (but this is low Elo).

Teleport is a great ability that allows you to split-push and defend against split pushes. It also helps compensate for a lot of global positioning screw ups (you went bot when you should have gone to Baron). Personally, I would stick with smite/flash if you're jungling. Flash is too useful and much more versatile than Teleport though. Flash will help you succeed in the early game more than teleport. This will help snowball your team to victory.

A lot of low Elo games are decided in the laning phase. If you play an early game stomper like Leblanc in mid and you score 2-3 kills without giving any in return, you can demoralize your opponents. You can be relatively sure that someone on the other team is saying "OMG our mid is feeder-noob, GG!" or calling their mid a "bad player" or other mean things. That will kill the morale of the enemy team and the enemy will be in disarray and you won't have to content in late game where a champion like LeBlanc starts to be less awesome.

St Viers

06-15-2012

http://st-viers.blogspot.com/2012/06...ne.html--check these out for some general tips!

For some good basic tactics:

1. Teleport--this is amazing at low elo, so good thought--The best way to use it is to gank a lane after you've backed, and teleport back to your own lane (as people get better, you can use it to go from your lane to dragon, but that involves your teammates buying wards)

2. Heal Ignite--Begin with a doran blade, and heal ignite (with a fast champ or a champ with a slow). Bully out a first blood and snowball your lane.

3. If your team doesn't mind, triple bot is actually something that Aztingy is doing at a high elo to crush the enemy carries. Be a jungler, but besides brief stints to feed out buffs, just deny their bot hard.

Have fun raising your elo!

IGintokiI

06-18-2012

Great advice/info guys! Thank you. At the moment I'm hunting down the perfect champs for ELO. I'm thinking about buying tryndamere as solo top or leblanc as mid. What I've noticed to be the largest cause of losing is team harassment.

In unranked if 1 person goes 0/3 before level 7 or so you can expect their team to get negative and start an argument or atleast harass a teammate turning him from a potentially good player with a bad start into a terrible feeder with no morale or self esteem. I know *******s can get under my skin all the time and it kills my focus, even when it's not me they are pricking at.

So what champs would you recommend above all for low ELO?

Grukasa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

In general, I would recommend two categories of heroes: Those with extremely strong earlygames (you mentioned LeBlanc), and those with extremely strong lategames (Tryndamere). For the first category, you want to lower your enemies' scores as much as possible (lowering their morale), heroes like Olaf, Darius, lots of tanky DPSes and some mids fall into that general category. The latter is mostly carries; while you're less likely to get a good support at low ELOs, you're also less likely to get ganked in general. My favorite AD carry is Graves, just because his abilities have lots of utility attached to them, but there's a lot of viable ones. Junglers with strong ganks (like Lee Sin) also often fit into one of those categories, depending on how they scale.

Hirumonogatari

06-18-2012

I've seen Twitch be fairly good against people in Normals, but I don't see him played much. How good is he as a pubstomper?

(I know he's fairly UP at higher levels, but this is the low brackets we are talking about)

xCry0x

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGintokiI View Post

In unranked if 1 person goes 0/3 before level 7 or so you can expect their team to get negative and start an argument or atleast harass a teammate turning him from a potentially good player with a bad start into a terrible feeder with no morale or self esteem. I know *******s can get under my skin all the time and it kills my focus, even when it's not me they are pricking at.

So what champs would you recommend above all for low ELO?

This is really one of the biggest things. You cannot give up in ranked games, you never know when a teamfight will swing your way and you will ace the other team and be able to gain a lot of lost ground. Raging on your teammates accomplishes nothing at all. If someone is doing something dumb feel free to suggest they do something different but playing the blame game accomplishes nothing.

I got past the point of letting anyone get under my skin but the other day I had my first game ever that I literally said "f' these guys" when I had 3 people try to blame me for everything wrong in the world. I don't have any leaves and have never given up on a team but all the finger pointing made me have no desire to actually try to turn the game around.

It is the same as the real world, nobody responds well to destructive criticism. If someone is a moron, suggest they try something else. If you tell someone to do something and you are not literally their boss with the power to hire/fire them then they have no reason to listen to you. When you watch high elo players do solo queue streams you see them constantly guide their teams to wins without raging at everyone.

As far as play style tactics, learn a few lanes and learn them well.

I would say learning 2 lanes & jungle or support is the way to go. Almost everyone at low elo wants to play top or mid, so you will always be in a fight for those 2 lanes and if those are the only lanes you know how to play you will screw your team over when you are forced to play support or jungle.

I personally can play ranged ad fairly well so I am now working on learning support since it is the same lane that I am already familiar with as well as AP Mid since a strong mid can push their lane and gank bot.

Champions really depend on what lane you want

For Low Elo bot lane I would say:
Carry: Tristana, Corki, Graves
Support: Soraka, Alistar, Taric

Do not really know the other lanes but..
Top: Jax is always a popular choice, same with riven, pantheon, wukong.. basically any champion with some sort of gap closer.
Mid: Any champion that can push the lane hard and then gank top/bot. Annie, Brand, Morde, Ahri.

Jungle: I prefer champions that transition well to late game such as amumu and naut, other people enjoy early game gank heavy champions such as lee sin, udyr and nocturn.

IGintokiI

06-18-2012

Thanks. Yeah I'm actually well rounded at every role. I main:

Jungle: Lee sin, Nocturne, Mundo, Shaco (I 3v3 amazingly well with shaco but can't jungle with him for my life)

Top: Shen, Riven, Jax, Vladimir (not sure how viable akali is top)

Mid: Vladimir, Akali, AD Kog'maw, and Leblanc sometime soon. (tried kennen and ahri but couldn't find the playstyle)

support: Alistar, Nunu, Soraka (Tried Janna...failed hard)

AD ranged bot: AD Kog'maw, (Gonna learn ashe and tristana soon)

I'd like to main every TYPE of champ in the game so that I can have a counter for every champ in my arsenal. What do you see missing from my list that's essential?

When it comes to jungling, sometimes there will be unlimited gank opportunities on bot while my top will have his lane pushed to the turret all of laning phase so I always decide to gank bot, but then I have top telling me I'm a **** jungler because I'm not doing anything up top, and then while he's over extending he gets ganked and blames it on me...i'm not sure if i should really spend half my time up top for his protection or not. If you know of a guide that gives really in-depth jungling advice I'd love it.

When it comes to chasing, and the enemy only needs an auto attack to kill and i'm at 3 quarters to half life should i chase and turret dive or use this as an opportunity to farm and push my lane? Also, how far would you be willing to chase into the enemies side of the map for a kill. I want to get well rounded enough to never have my k/d ratio go past -3.

FaerellG

06-18-2012

Expect Shen to get banned a lot. He's been my favorite tank for awhile, but I haven't gotten to play him much. Shaco also gets banned pretty frequently due to his strong early game.

Another AP mid you might consider is Kassadin. His high mobility ultimate and strong early game gives him similar shutdown power to LeBlanc...but with more late game viability (his burst is weaker though).

damn op

06-18-2012

Another good thing to do is look at your opponents habits. At low ELO players either play REALLY AGGRESIVE and completely deny themselves creeps (at which point just trade blows and continue farming) or are just too focused on farming and won't trade blows when you harass them (then you can just deny creeps by constantly poking/harrassing them). When i played this low before i noticed these trends.