Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So i watched my new friend play a game...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeno666

06-15-2012

I watched a match of my neighbor playing LoL he's very low level, not that good yet, but improving.

Anyways, his team had him (Ahri) Cho gath, Yi, kayle and Xin. Kayle and Xin were both AFK from the start.

Anyways, the enemy team had Corki, Skarner, Ryze and a couple others that i can't remember.

Well the game starts, with the afks. Everyone solos a lane and my friends team picks up a couple easy kills and levels faster than the enemy due to solo laneing. My friends team ended up facerolling the other team so badly they made a push 3v5 and still won the game.

All i could think about the whole match was: "Were we all this bad when we started?"

I mean, in my games now. a 3v5 is ALWAYS a loss. No matter what. Unless the enemy team has intentional feeders or total idiots. The thing was, on my friends game, both teams appeared to have competent players.

Are people really that bad when they start out? That a 3v5 can ACTUALLY be won?

Yikole

06-15-2012

Yes.

Kreyni

06-15-2012

Precisely. When I watch a lower leveled friend play, 3:48 of this video echoes through my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPU9Ru1ftw

They are so aggressive, it's not even funny. Tower diving, non-warding, overextending, continuous battle at 200HP, etc...

I don't believe I was that terrible at low levels, but certainly not the best. My personality caused me to play support, so not much diving :P

M0nkeyM4n

06-15-2012

i mean kinda a big question. too many varibles from how well everyone was farming too if someone was feeding and skills of both team. a couple people on the 5 team could be really bad and mess up everything.

Zeno666

06-15-2012

Well to clear a couple things up, my friend likes to Mid Ahri, he plays with me and in a 30+ minute game ill have 150+ CS no matter what lane/role i play (Minus support) while mid he has about 50-70. Same was for all members of his game. No knowledge of last hitting, map control, letting the lane push closer to the tower. Nothing.

Neither team bought any wards except for a few that i advised my friend on. Their skarner jungled well, no one fed (Intentionally) and as i said, everyone seemed competent for the most part.

It still amazed me to no end. I hope i wasn't that bad when i'd duo with my level 30 friend lol

Keirndmo

06-15-2012

Yes.
I went to check how bad it was on a smurf.
30 kills 25 minutes in as Darius against newer players.
So yeah they are all that bad down in the low levels.

DebosBike

06-15-2012

Quote:
Zeno666:
I watched a match of my neighbor playing LoL he's very low level, not that good yet, but improving.

Anyways, his team had him (Ahri) Cho gath, Yi, kayle and Xin. Kayle and Xin were both AFK from the start.

Anyways, the enemy team had Corki, Skarner, Ryze and a couple others that i can't remember.

Well the game starts, with the afks. Everyone solos a lane and my friends team picks up a couple easy kills and levels faster than the enemy due to solo laneing. My friends team ended up facerolling the other team so badly they made a push 3v5 and still won the game.

All i could think about the whole match was: "Were we all this bad when we started?"

I mean, in my games now. a 3v5 is ALWAYS a loss. No matter what. Unless the enemy team has intentional feeders or total idiots. The thing was, on my friends game, both teams appeared to have competent players.

Are people really that bad when they start out? That a 3v5 can ACTUALLY be won?

If you ever make a second account, try selecting that option that says you've never played RTS games before. I figured it couldn't be that bad so I wanted to try it, but I gotta say I think the beginner level bots are actually better then the average level 1 player...

Seergun

06-16-2012

I made an account when Anivia was free and went 37/0/3 in my first game. I probably got about 10 of those when they were pushing our towers with under 500 hp. Earned 22k gold. Yes, new players can be that bad at lvl's 1-3. Hard to believe I was once that bad, looking back.

DebosBike

06-16-2012

Quote:
Seergun:
I made an account when Anivia was free and went 37/0/3 in my first game. I probably got about 10 of those when they were pushing our towers with under 500 hp. Earned 22k gold. Yes, new players can be that bad at lvl's 1-3. Hard to believe I was once that bad, looking back.

Or how you tried to use some of the champs? lol

I still remember trying ez and thinking it was a terrible champ because I would flash in when I saw the enemy and unload all my spells and then get pummeled while I waited for the cooldowns.

Oshiet

06-16-2012

Yes. We all were. LOL It's painful playing with my brother in law (lv 17) in a match.... I freak out so much because in those levels people want to test how far they can push or test their champs. It's very stressful to play in those levels, sometimes.