[Pirate champion suggestion] : Harope, sailor of the Undersea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2012

Stats : Thanks for the review on stats! I'll take a look at that.
Passive : Your not the first one to fear the power of this ability, so I guess I'll reduce the time. I just want to remind that autoattacks in spirit form don't deal much damage and that the abilities (except for W) can't deal any damage. Also, his movement speed reduces rapidly over time.
Q : Thanks ^^. I'll take a look at the cooldowns.
Q (spirit form) : Yes, you need to activate it, and you can only activate it once during a spirit form. On your next death you'll be able to activate it once again.
W : I'll take a look at the CD, but the range isn't high, seriously. Sion has 550 range with his shield's explosion.
W (spirit form) : I'll watch the AoE and AP ratio on this.
E : I think you're right for the stun. As for the sight radius, I'll probably nerf it a bit.
E (spirit form) : Well.. If you say so, I'll change that.
R : You seem to think that this ability is really overpowered, so I'll nerf some things and rework it.

Rolepgeek

07-24-2012

Oh so it is. Nevermind then. Range is fine.

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2012

Thanks for watching back this thread! People usually comment and then leave ^^.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

07-28-2012

Quotes have been added to the champion concept.
Difficulty has been added too.

Havoc202

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinhoff View Post
Harope, Sailor of the Undersea

Overview:
Harope is an undead skeleton-like pirate wearing an old and large mantle with the typical pirate hat. He also wears many old rings and other jewels on his neck and ears. He's fighting with a one-handed cutlass and has a lantern in his left hand, which he uses time to time as an autoattack. Harope also has a net attached to his old leather belt. His voice is scary and slow.

Lore: The city-state of Bilgewater wasn’t always an important trading center, but pirates were always part of the nation’s history. Long ago, a dreadful pirate known as Harope of the Seas established his home in Bilgewater. He was running the streets with his men, stealing anything they could find and killing anyone trying to stop them. Harope was a fierce fighter, but he had many enemies in the City-State, as he had stolen almost every man in Bilgewater. One day, as Harope and his crew were going to leave the island for some naval expedition, ten pirate ships attacked his vessel. Harope sank three ships before going with his vessel in the depths of the sea. A hundread years after, Nautilus emerged from the seas and many scientists and sailors were curious to look at the depths of the oceans. An unlucky boat found the remains of Harope’s vessel near Bilgewater, and searched in it for treasures. The sailors awoke an ancient being, the one who had died with his ship many years ago : Harope opened his eyes and realized he was still alive, though he didn’t have to breathe. The pirate killed every single member of the crew and walked in the depths of the sea before emerging to Bilgewater. There, he began a reign of terror, killing and stealing once again, but Miss Fortune noticed it and informed the Insitute of War’s officials. They decided that Harope was too dangerous and sent their more powerful summoners to imprison him. Then, they offered Harope one last chance to get free one day : he would fight in the Fields of Justice to gain his freedom.

Role: Fighter, Melee

Resource: Mana

Stats:
Health : 480 (+85 per level, 2010)
Mana : 240 (+45 per level, 1050)
Damage : 52 (+3.2 per level, 109.2)
Attack Speed : 0.650 (+2.25% per level)
Armor : 18 (+3.1 per level, 70.8)
Magic Resist : 30 (+1.25 per level, 52,5)
Health regen : 4.25 (+0.75 per level, 17.75)
Mana regen : 7.0 (+0.7 per level, 19.6)
Movement Speed : 320
Range : 125
Difficulty : 7/10

Abilities:

Attachment 491442
Immortal being (Innate): Upon death, Harope’s skeleton will fall down, but his spirit will still fight for 6 seconds. While in spiritual form, Harope cannot be targeted and gains new abilities. The spirit can do melee autoattacks, but it will deal 10/20/30 (+0.3 per bonus AD) magic damage (does not apply on-hit effects). Harope's movement speed in spirit form will be reduced by 8% each second. (Level ups are at level 7 and 13)
**Immortal being fits with the champion’s lore, as he came back as an undead being for vengeance and won’t rest until he gets it. This passive can deal some damage while Harope is dead (if you have 200 bonus AD you’ll deal 90 magic damage from autoattacks), but the use is mainly to help your team with some CC (see Q and E in spirit form) while you’re dead. This innate can be compared to Karthus passive with autoattacks and movement speed, but the abilities are not the same as when Harope is alive and you’ll get no ultimate.

Attachment 491432
Fire trail (Q): Harope leaves a trail of gunpowder in a lane, and then throws his lantern on the ground to ignite the gunpowder. The fire will spread on the trail at 500 movement speed and will deal magic damage to enemy units in the zone each second, as well as reducing any healing effect to the targets by 50% and placing a Burning mark on them for 5 seconds (the Burning mark will be removed if an ability is used). If the enemies have a Bone mark on them, they will be slowed by 20% for 3 seconds. If the enemies have a Saltwater mark on them, they will still be on fire for one second after leaving the trail.
Magic damage per second : 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.33 AP)
Maximum magic damage (over 3 seconds) : 120/180/240/300/360 (+1 AP)
Additionnal magic damage with Saltwater mark (over 1 second after leaving the trail) : 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.33 AP)
Width : 80
Range : 2 times Harope's movement speed
Type : Active (the trail follows Harope movements)
Cooldown : 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Cost : 50/55/60/65/70 mana
**Fire trail scales nicely with AP, but you’d better get AD anyway. If your enemies stay in it for the whole duration, they will still receive nice damage and, if they had marks on them, it could slow them or reduce their healing for a long time. The trail would work a bit like Rumble's ultimate. Also, the trail starts at the feet of Harope and will go in a line at a range of 2 times Harope's movement speed.

Attachment 491437
Bone shield (W): Harope can use the magic inside him to create a shield of bones, protecting him from enemy attacks and abilities. The shield lasts 3 seconds and will explode at the end (even if all the damage has been absorbed), dealing physical damage to nearby enemies and applying a Bone mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability.. Enemies that have a Burning mark on them when the bone shield explodes will take 50% extra damage (both base damage and bonus AD ratios are 50% stronger). Enemies with a Saltwater mark on them will ricochet the bones to the nearest ally (cannot occur more than once per Bone shield explosion) who will receive 50% of the damage.
Damage absorbed : 50/100/150/200/250 (+0.5 per bonus AD)
Physical damage : 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.67 per bonus AD)
Physical damage with Burning mark : 45/75/105/135/165 (+1 per bonus AD)
Type : Active (on self)
Cooldown : 12 seconds after the shield expires
Range : self/300 (explosion)
Cost : 75/80/85/90/95 mana
**Bone shield is what can make an AD Harope resistant even without survivability items, though I suggest getting warmog or frozen mallet. Always try to get near your enemies when the shield explodes, as it can deal some damage to them as well as putting a mark on them.

Attachment 491440
Saltwater tempest (E): Harope invokes a powerful wave to push enemies back. The wave takes the form of a large line. Enemies within 75 units of the center of the lane are pushed back at the end of the wave, while enemies between 75 and 150 units of the center will be pushed aside the wave. Additionally, enemies that are pushed back will have their sight radius reduced by 300 and lose their ally vision while they are in the wave. Any enemy hit by the wave will get a Saltwater mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability. If an enemy had a Burning mark on him while he got hit by the wave, he will receive physical damage over 3 seconds. If he had a Bone mark on him, he will be stunned for 1 second after being pushed back or aside by the wave.
Magic damage over 3 seconds (with Burning mark) : 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.6 per bonus AD)
Type : Active (skillshot)
Cooldown : 30/26/22/18/14 seconds
Width : 300
Range : 625
Cost : 120 mana
**Saltwater tempest deals no damage except if you have a Burning mark on your enemy, but it can push away a whole team if wisely used. Also, try to get a Bone mark on your targets before using Saltwater tempest, it’ll give you the opportunity to AoE stun.

Attachment 491441
Phantom vessel (R): Harope summons his sunken vessel to the Fields of Justice, knocking aside champions that are where the ship emerges. The ship is solid and will stay on the field for 10 seconds and shoot canon bullets from 2 canons (at the sides of the ship, each canon can only shoot on his side) with an attack speed of 1.0 per canon and a range of 1000. Bullets will priorize enemy champions, dealing damage equal to (1.0 AD). Harope’s armor penetration will be given to his vessel too. If enemies have a Burning mark, Bone mark or Saltwater mark, the bullets will deal an additional 25/50/75 damage.
Type : Active (AoE)
Cooldown : 120 seconds
Size of the vessel : 100 units large / 425 units long
Range : 550
Cost : 150 mana
**The Phantom vessel touches a large area and autoattacks, dealing Harope's Attack Damage. The vessel has his armor penetration, also adding additional damage to marked enemies.

Spirit form

Attachment 491443
Frightful presence (Q) : All enemies around Harope’s spirit are feared. Enemies within 175 range of Harope are feared for 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 seconds, while enemies between 175 and 300 range are feared for half the duration.
Type : Active
Cooldown : once in spirit form
AoE around Harope : 300
Cost : None
**Harope’s spirit cannot be targeted, so don’t hesitate to get in the middle of your enemies and fear them with Frightful presence. This ability is mostly useful if you get tower dived or if you die at the beginning (or in the middle) of a team-fight.

Attachment 491444
Aura of Vengeance (W) : Harope’s spirit is surrounded by an aura of vengeance that damages nearby enemies each second. The aura lasts 3 seconds and deals magic damage. For each second that Aura of Vengeance deals damage, Harope's spirit form will last one second longer. If Harope deals 350 damage from any source in 1 second, the aura will last 0.5 more second (for a maximum of 5 seconds)
Magic damage per second : 15/30/45/60/75 (+0.2 AP)
Maximum magic damage in 5 seconds : 75/150/225/300/375 (+1 AP)
Type : Active (on self)
Cooldown : once in spirit form
AoE around Harope : 325
**Aura of Vengeance is the only damaging ability of Harope’s spirit, so try to use it right after Numbing eye and autoattack your enemy. This ability can kill your enemies if they were low in health when they killed you.

Attachment 491446
Numbing eye (E) : Harope’s gaze is impregnated with magic, slowing the target’s movement speed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2.5 seconds.
Type : Active (click on target)
Cooldown : 3 seconds
*Numbing eye can be used to save your allies life or to prevent your enemies from running away. It can also be used to max your damage with Aura of Vengeance.

Suggestions:
I suggest playing Harope as a solo top or jungler, as he can do powerful ganks with his E or get nice substain from W. Even if Harope has some AP ratios, I don’ t suggest building any, as he scales nicely with AD. Harope is also a fiercy duelist at solo top, as he has some substain and can still react if he dies. Your ultimate can change the result of a team fight or a duel by dealing huge damage if the enemies stay in the zone. For the abilities, take W (shield) first and max it. Then, take E (wave) at level 2 and Q (gunpowder) at level 4. Max Q second and end with E, as it is mostly CdR when you level it up. Get your ultimate as soon as you can (6, 11, 16). Finally, don’t forget that Harope has powerful abilities, but high cooldowns, so Youmuu’s Ghostblade can be a great idea.

Recommended items
In classic mode, your final build could look like:
Attachment 491447Attachment 491449Attachment 491450Attachment 491451Attachment 491452Attachment 491453
OR
Attachment 491448
Ninja Tabi or Mercury’s Thread (1), Youmuu’s Ghostblade (2), Frozen mallet (3), Atma’s Impaler (4), Bloodthirster (5), Guardian Angel (6)

Quotes
Upon selection :
“Are you afraid, summoner?”
Attacking :
“I’ll crush their bones.”
“All aboard!”
“Fire!”
“They’re as good as dead.”
“I live to kill.”
“No problem.”
Movement :
“My bones burn with revenge.”
“Raise the anchor!”
“I dislike orders.”
“It would be easier with muscles!”
Taunt :
“Come on! I’m already dead!”
Joke :
“I was alive like you once… then I took an arrow in the knee.”
*Harope’s spirit gets out of his body* “BOOH! Haha.”
Special (using Fire trail after Saltwater tempest) :
“Oh! I hope it doesn’t burn… *laughs*”
Upon dying :
*shouts and enters spirit form*

Previous concept (carry AD) : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=hansen

***THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKED!***

THANKS to http://www.hiveworkshop.com and its members for the images!
Thanks to DarkPercy's guide for the base stats too! It helped me on magic resistance : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post26434235
Lore : Intresting, Like the tie with Naut, Overall liked alot.
Base Stats : Good and No tweaking needed.
Harope Alive abilities :

Innate : Very intresting Kinda Like Mords But on your self. Not to bad on damage. So over all balanced

Q: Very Unique, I liked it but the +1 Ap is what struck me alittle bit of a problem. If you have 360 + 600 Ap or so that equates out to 960 which is alittle much for me. So might ant to deal back the Ap. Just a consideration.

W: Reminds me of Sions sheild but the Name conflicts with a World of Warcaft ability so maybe Sheild of Bones? Overall dont see to many problems.

E: So if you are really close to the Wave when it first shoots off it pushes you far away? I mean I like the Idea of the knock back but if you have a full team like that then sending them all the way to where the move ends is a tad Op. And if it is a skill shot shouldnt it stop when it hits its first oppenent? Just curious?

R: I like it. Seems very reasonable. I cant really find anything to be nitpick about.

Haropes Spirit abilites :

Q: The scaling for how long the fear off is a tad wierd to me and the fear seems a bit long. So maybe 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/2? Just a suggestion. But other then that I can see that this side will be the CC person.

W: Seems Strong. But I see the help in a team fight.

E : I like it but the slow seems a bit over bearing. But overall it is good with the timing but the slow might need to be lowered. Other then that I cant complain...

Overall : I like the Champions intent and design. It seems well thought out and Hope that Riot sees it! And to answer your question. The Air got tossed into the Ultimate help increase her attack speed. It was hard to think of one for each element but I tossed air into the Ultimate.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

07-28-2012

Q : I understand your fear, but consider that the ratio per second is only 0.33, so if you get out of the line before 3 seconds the ratio isn't that great (and it shouldn't be too hard to get out). Plus, Harope doesn't have many AP ratios, so an AP Harope wouldn't be good anyway.
W : Ok for the name, I'll try to change it.
E : Well it's a skill shot in the way that you don't click on an enemy and it gets him. It won't stop on the first enemy, but you'll need to be at the very center of the wave to get knocked-back. If you're not in the center, you'll be knocked aside instead, which isn't much. I'll take a look at it anyway.
Q (spirit form) : I think it could be ok, I'll nerf it a bit.
W (spirit form) : It could be strong for sure, but Harope's spirit is slowed every second so I think it wouldn't be OP.
E (spirit form) : I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the review and ok for the air, that's what I thought!

Veinhoff

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Bump.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

08-06-2012

Bump for reviews!

Veinhoff

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Bump