[Pirate champion suggestion] : Harope, sailor of the Undersea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iminonai

06-19-2012

All right, on to the full review.

Quote:
Immortal being (Innate): Upon death, Harope’s skeleton will fall down, but his spirit will still fight for 5/7/9 seconds. While in spiritual form, Harope cannot be targeted and gains new abilities. The spirit can do melee autoattacks, but it will deal 10/20/30 (+0.3 per bonus AD) magic damage. (Level ups are at level 7 and 13)
An interesting passive, I know you have heard this before, but an interesting twist to Karthus. This does not seem to be overpowered, as he does not do much damage in spirit form, but enough to clean up a fight if needed. It doesn't reward players for death, much like Karthus does, but instead gives them a second chance to fight, albeit for a short time, but enough for a teamfight.

Quote:
Fire trail (Q): Harope leaves a trail of gunpowder behind him for 2 seconds, and then throws his lantern on the ground to ignite the gunpowder. The fire will spread on the trail at 500 movement speed and will deal magic damage to enemy units in the zone each second, as well as reducing any healing effect to the targets by 50% and placing a Burning mark on them for 5 seconds (the Burning mark will be removed if an ability is used). If the enemies have a Bone mark on them, they will be slowed by 20% for 3 seconds. If the enemies have a Saltwater mark on them, their healing reduction debuff will last 10 seconds instead of 5. The fire trail will extinguish after 3 seconds. While leaving the trail, Harope’s movement speed will be decreased by 10%, but his armor and magic resistance will go up by 10%.
As I said earlier, this ability could be used differently in my eyes, but I can see how this is usable. It is a good tool used in deterring enemies from chasing you, but doesn't exactly reward you for fighting an enemy. Perhaps Harope could attach a gunpowder sack to an enemy champion and ignite the trail from there, or as I mentioned earlier, draw a path for the gunpowder (like Rumble's ult) and then ignite it. An interesting but not entirely practical ability.

Quote:
Bone shield (W): Harope can use the magic inside of him to create a shield of bones, protecting him from enemy attacks and abilities. The shield lasts 3 seconds and will explode at the end, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies and applying a Bone mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability. Enemies that have a Burning mark on them when the bone shield explodes will take 50% extra damage (both base damage and bonus AD ratios are 50% stronger). Enemies with a Saltwater mark on them will ricochet the bones to the nearest ally (cannot occur more than once per Bone shield explosion) who will receive 50% of the damage.
Explain what kind of protection Harope receives. Armor and Magic Resist? % Damage reduction? A shield that has X health? Other than that, the only problem I have is the AD ratio increasing by 50%, this is a bit much and should be removed.

Quote:
Saltwater tempest (E): Harope invokes a powerful wave to push enemies back. The wave takes the form of a large line. Enemies within 75 units of the center of the lane are pushed back at the end of the wave, while enemies between 75 and 150 units of the center will be pushed aside the wave. Additionally, enemies that are pushed back will have their sight radius reduced by 300 and lose their ally vision while they are in the wave. Any enemy hit by the wave will get a Saltwater mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability. If an enemy had a Burning mark on him while he got hit by the wave, he will receive physical damage over 3 seconds. If he had a Bone mark on him, he will be stunned for 1.5 second after being pushed back or aside by the wave.
An easy to use, effective crowd control ability. Well done. I see no problem with the ability.

Quote:
Phantom vessel (R): Harope summons his sunken vessel to the Fields of Justice, knocking aside champions that are where the ship emerges and dealing them 100/200/300 (+0.5 AP) magic damage. After that, the ship will stay on the field for 10 seconds and shoot cannon bullets with an attack speed of 1.0 and a range of 750. Bullets will prioritize enemy champions, dealing damage equal to (1.0 AD). Harope’s armor penetration will be given to his vessel too. For each Burning mark, Bone mark or Saltwater mark on the ship’s targets, the bullets will deal an additional 50/75/100 damage.
The range needs a bit of an increase, and how big of a ship are we talking here? I mean, if scaled to a literal Pirate ship of the seas, this could block an entire LANE, thus preventing any sort of teamfight. I suggest you only let Phantom Vessel be cast in areas with trees, get rid of the base magic damage, and up the range. This would be an interesting skill to see in a teamfight, but if it means completely blocking the teamfight while Harope does free damage, this ability is a no-no.

Quote:
Frightful presence (Q) : All enemies around Harope’s spirit are feared for 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 second.
Simplicity is often the best weapon. The fear duration needs to be upped, as a .1 increase is minuscule. Other than that, this is an awesome way to help out as Spirit Harope.

Quote:
Aura of Vengeance (W) : Harope’s spirit is surrounded by an aura of vengeance that damages nearby enemies each second. The aura lasts 3 seconds and deals magic damage.
Are you sure 3 seconds of this little damage will even mean anything? I have an idea for this that will perhaps help out more. For every second that Spirit Harope deals damage with Aura of Vengeance, his spirit lifespan will be one second longer. For every X damage Spirit Harope deals, Aura of Vengeance will last another .5 seconds (Up to a maximum of 6 seconds). Tell me what you think.

Quote:
Numbing eye (E) : Harope’s gaze is impregnated with magic, slowing the target’s movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% (+0.1% per bonus AD) for 3 seconds.
Perhaps this ability could do some damage. It doesn't need to, but it might be a good choice. This is a fantastic way to lock down a carry for you to attack/finish off or save an ally in need being chased by a faster enemy.

An interesting, seemingly fun to play champion that is very well made. I hope to see more concepts of yours as you do a very fine job, just some minor grammar errors, and some formatting would be nice, but I digress, your champion is very good, and I would definitely buy Harope if he became a LoL champion. Feel free to criticize my logic, and defend your concept for your champion, as it is YOURS and your opinion always matters.

Regards,

Chiir0n

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-20-2012

Innate : Yes, I know it looks like Karthus a bit, but I wanted to make it harder to play (complete new set of abilities, mostly utility ones instead of damaging one) and innovating. Thanks ^^
Q : I'll think of it, your ideas are really interesting, I'll probably go on with one of them!
W : The protection is a damage absorption, as written under the description. As for the AD ratio, I thought that only buffing the damage by 50% wouldn't be good enough, but I'll take a look at the numbers.
E : Well that's perfect then!
R : Well, the ship is (if I remembered, I wrote it on the first post) 125x425 units, so it wouldn't take the whole lane and wouldn't be too big, but your idea is once again interesting and I'll take a look at it.

Spirit
Q : As it is a AoE fear, what maximum fear duration would you suggest? I may have an idea, you'll take a look at it and tell me what you think about it.
W : Innovating, unique and great! The only thing I fear is that Harope's spirit could deal too much damage with that, as he is untargetable and cannot be removed until its spirit time is done. But your idea is awesome!
E : I didn't want Harope's spirit to have more than 1 ability dealing damage, as he can already autoattack freely during 5/7/9 seconds. With the slow, Harope can perma-slow his enemy and auto-attack him freely during the whole time of its spiritual form.

Thanks for the great review and I know there are some grammatical error, but english is not my first langage so I was sure there would be some errors. If this thread grows up, I may ask my sister (she's studying in Translation) to correct it ^^. It's always nice to have reviews like yours, thanks again!

Iminonai

06-20-2012

I see the update, and I think you understood me about Aura of Vengeance, but let me clarify. I meant the duration would increase by X amount of damage that HAROPE deals in total, not the aura. Add in the bolded part, and it should be fine. (unless you don't want it this way)

Quote:
If Harope deals 300 damage with Aura of Vengeance active in 1 second, the aura will last 0.5 more seconds (for a maximum of 5 seconds)

Omar

Senior Recruiter

06-20-2012

awesome.

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-20-2012

Thanks CrimzonViper ^^.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-22-2012

First bump. Please leave some replies!

Terratr0n

06-23-2012

The Spells are all unique and you get a +1 for that
What really got my eye was the ultimate. Not only does it fit in with his lore, but the usage in a teamfight makes it invaluable as it is a deterrant for continued fighting for the enemy (much like gankplanks ult).
Overall goodjob.
(reply to Makwa)

P.S. ****in pirates just shooting the **** outa the enemy team makes me giggle.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-23-2012

lol, thanks Terratr0n, I'm happy to see you like that champion ^^.

Iminonai

06-23-2012

Hey Veinhoff, Chiir0n again, I noticed you like my idea for Aura of Vengeance. You MIGHT want to rewrite this section of the ultimate like so, as it still has the old description of the ability:

Quote:
**The Phantom vessel touches a large area and autoattacks dealing Harope's Attack Damage and the vessel has his armor penetration, also adding additional damage to marked enemies.
Got 2 New champions I want you to take a look at:

Avalon, The Clockwork Artifact

Jacques - The Maniacal Prankster

Regards,

Chiir0n

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Ya, I wasn't thinking about this part ^^. Thanks, I'll probably take a look at your champions tomorrow (if not, it'll be in 2 days)!