[Pirate champion suggestion] : Harope, sailor of the Undersea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2012

Harope, Sailor of the Undersea

Overview:
Harope is an undead skeleton-like pirate wearing an old and large mantle with the typical pirate hat. He also wears many old rings and other jewels on his neck and ears. He's fighting with a one-handed cutlass and has a lantern in his left hand, which he uses time to time as an autoattack. Harope also has a net attached to his old leather belt. His voice is scary and slow.

Lore: The city-state of Bilgewater wasn’t always an important trading center, but pirates were always part of the nation’s history. Long ago, a dreadful pirate known as Harope of the Seas established his home in Bilgewater. He was running the streets with his men, stealing anything they could find and killing anyone trying to stop them. Harope was a fierce fighter, but he had many enemies in the City-State, as he had stolen almost every man in Bilgewater. One day, as Harope and his crew were going to leave the island for some naval expedition, ten pirate ships attacked his vessel. Harope sank three ships before going with his vessel in the depths of the sea. A hundread years after, Nautilus emerged from the seas and many scientists and sailors were curious to look at the depths of the oceans. An unlucky boat found the remains of Harope’s vessel near Bilgewater, and searched in it for treasures. The sailors awoke an ancient being, the one who had died with his ship many years ago : Harope opened his eyes and realized he was still alive, though he didn’t have to breathe. The pirate killed every single member of the crew and walked in the depths of the sea before emerging to Bilgewater. There, he began a reign of terror, killing and stealing once again, but Miss Fortune noticed it and informed the Insitute of War’s officials. They decided that Harope was too dangerous and sent their more powerful summoners to imprison him. Then, they offered Harope one last chance to get free one day : he would fight in the Fields of Justice to gain his freedom.

"If death cannot stop this pirate from sacking Bilgewater, I'll stop him." Miss Fortune

Role: Fighter, Melee

Resource: Mana

Stats:
Health : 480 (+85 per level, 2010)
Mana : 240 (+45 per level, 1050)
Damage : 52 (+3.2 per level, 109.2)
Attack Speed : 0.650 (+2.25% per level)
Armor : 18 (+3.1 per level, 70.8)
Magic Resist : 30 (+1.25 per level, 52,5)
Health regen : 4.25 (+0.75 per level, 17.75)
Mana regen : 7.0 (+0.7 per level, 19.6)
Movement Speed : 320
Range : 125
Difficulty : 7/10

Abilities:

Attachment 491442
Immortal being (Innate): Upon death, Harope’s skeleton will fall down, but his spirit will still fight for 6 seconds. While in spiritual form, Harope cannot be targeted and gains new abilities. The spirit can do melee autoattacks, but it will deal 10/20/30 (+0.3 per bonus AD) magic damage (does not apply on-hit effects). Harope's movement speed in spirit form will be reduced by 8% each second. (Level ups are at level 7 and 13)
**Immortal being fits with the champion’s lore, as he came back as an undead being for vengeance and won’t rest until he gets it. This passive can deal some damage while Harope is dead (if you have 200 bonus AD you’ll deal 90 magic damage from autoattacks), but the use is mainly to help your team with some CC (see Q and E in spirit form) while you’re dead. This innate can be compared to Karthus passive with autoattacks and movement speed, but the abilities are not the same as when Harope is alive and you’ll get no ultimate.

Attachment 491432
Fire trail (Q): Harope leaves a trail of gunpowder in a lane, and then throws his lantern on the ground to ignite the gunpowder. The fire will spread on the trail at 500 movement speed and will deal magic damage to enemy units in the zone each second, as well as reducing any healing effect to the targets by 50% and placing a Burning mark on them for 5 seconds (the Burning mark will be removed if an ability is used). If the enemies have a Bone mark on them, they will be slowed by 20% for 3 seconds. If the enemies have a Saltwater mark on them, they will still be on fire for one second after leaving the trail.
Magic damage per second : 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.33 AP)
Maximum magic damage (over 3 seconds) : 120/180/240/300/360 (+1 AP)
Additionnal magic damage with Saltwater mark (over 1 second after leaving the trail) : 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.33 AP)
Width : 80
Range : 2 times Harope's movement speed
Type : Active (the trail follows Harope movements)
Cooldown : 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Cost : 50/55/60/65/70 mana
**Fire trail scales nicely with AP, but you’d better get AD anyway. If your enemies stay in it for the whole duration, they will still receive nice damage and, if they had marks on them, it could slow them or reduce their healing for a long time. The trail would work a bit like Rumble's ultimate. Also, the trail starts at the feet of Harope and will go in a line at a range of 2 times Harope's movement speed.

Attachment 491437
Skeleton shield (W): Harope can use the magic inside him to create a shield of bones, protecting him from enemy attacks and abilities. The shield lasts 3 seconds and will explode at the end (even if all the damage has been absorbed), dealing physical damage to nearby enemies and applying a Bone mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability.. Enemies that have a Burning mark on them when the skeleton shield explodes will take 50% extra damage (both base damage and bonus AD ratios are 50% stronger). Enemies with a Saltwater mark on them will ricochet the bones to the nearest ally (cannot occur more than once per Skeleton shield explosion) who will receive 50% of the damage.
Damage absorbed : 50/100/150/200/250 (+0.5 per bonus AD)
Physical damage : 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.67 per bonus AD)
Physical damage with Burning mark : 45/75/105/135/165 (+1 per bonus AD)
Type : Active (on self)
Cooldown : 12 seconds after the shield expires
Range : self/300 (explosion)
Cost : 75/80/85/90/95 mana
**Skeleton shield is what can make an AD Harope resistant even without survivability items, though I suggest getting warmog or frozen mallet. Always try to get near your enemies when the shield explodes, as it can deal some damage to them as well as putting a mark on them.

Attachment 491440
Saltwater tempest (E): Harope invokes a powerful wave to push enemies back. The wave takes the form of a large line. Enemies within 50 units of the center of the lane are pushed back at the end of the wave, while enemies between 51 and 150 units of the center will be pushed aside the wave. Additionally, enemies that are pushed back will have their sight radius reduced by 300 and lose their ally vision while they are in the wave. Any enemy hit by the wave will get a Saltwater mark on them for 5 seconds or until Harope casts another ability. If an enemy had a Burning mark on him while he got hit by the wave, he will receive physical damage over 3 seconds. If he had a Bone mark on him, he will be stunned for 1 second after being pushed back or aside by the wave.
Magic damage over 3 seconds (with Burning mark) : 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.6 per bonus AD)
Type : Active (skillshot)
Cooldown : 30/26/22/18/14 seconds
Width : 300
Range : 625
Cost : 120 mana
**Saltwater tempest deals no damage except if you have a Burning mark on your enemy, but it can push away a whole team if wisely used. Also, try to get a Bone mark on your targets before using Saltwater tempest, it’ll give you the opportunity to AoE stun.

Attachment 491441
Phantom vessel (R): Harope summons his sunken vessel to the Fields of Justice, knocking aside champions that are where the ship emerges. The ship is solid and will stay on the field for 10 seconds and shoot canon bullets from 2 canons (at the sides of the ship, each canon can only shoot on his side) with an attack speed of 1.0 per canon and a range of 1000. Bullets will priorize enemy champions, dealing damage equal to (1.0 AD). Harope’s armor penetration will be given to his vessel too. If enemies have a Burning mark, Bone mark or Saltwater mark, the bullets will deal an additional 25/50/75 damage.
Type : Active (AoE)
Cooldown : 120 seconds
Size of the vessel : 100 units large / 425 units long
Range : 550
Cost : 150 mana
**The Phantom vessel touches a large area and autoattacks, dealing Harope's Attack Damage. The vessel has his armor penetration, also adding additional damage to marked enemies.

Spirit form

Attachment 491443
Frightful presence (Q) : All enemies around Harope’s spirit are feared. Enemies within 175 range of Harope are feared for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds, while enemies between 175 and 300 range are feared for half the duration.
Type : Active
Cooldown : once in spirit form
AoE around Harope : 300
Cost : None
**Harope’s spirit cannot be targeted, so don’t hesitate to get in the middle of your enemies and fear them with Frightful presence. This ability is mostly useful if you get tower dived or if you die at the beginning (or in the middle) of a team-fight.

Attachment 491444
Aura of Vengeance (W) : Harope’s spirit is surrounded by an aura of vengeance that damages nearby enemies each second. The aura lasts 3 seconds and deals magic damage. For each second that Aura of Vengeance deals damage, Harope's spirit form will last one second longer. If Harope deals 350 damage from any source in 1 second, the aura will last 0.5 more second (for a maximum of 5 seconds)
Magic damage per second : 15/30/45/60/75 (+0.2 AP)
Maximum magic damage in 5 seconds : 75/150/225/300/375 (+1 AP)
Type : Active (on self)
Cooldown : once in spirit form
AoE around Harope : 325
**Aura of Vengeance is the only damaging ability of Harope’s spirit, so try to use it right after Numbing eye and autoattack your enemy. This ability can kill your enemies if they were low in health when they killed you.

Attachment 491446
Numbing eye (E) : Harope’s gaze is impregnated with magic, slowing the target’s movement speed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2.5 seconds.
Type : Active (click on target)
Cooldown : 3 seconds
*Numbing eye can be used to save your allies life or to prevent your enemies from running away. It can also be used to max your damage with Aura of Vengeance.

Recommended items
In classic mode, your final build could look like:
Attachment 491447Attachment 491449Attachment 491450Attachment 491451Attachment 491452Attachment 491453
OR
Attachment 491448
Ninja Tabi or Mercury’s Thread (1), Youmuu’s Ghostblade (2), Frozen mallet (3), Atma’s Impaler (4), Bloodthirster (5), Guardian Angel (6)

Quotes
Upon selection :
“Are you afraid, summoner?”
Attacking :
“I’ll crush your bones.”
“All aboard!”
“Fire!”
“They’re as good as dead.”
“I live to kill.”
“No problem.”
Movement :
“My bones burn with revenge.”
“Raise the anchor!”
“I dislike orders.”
“It would be easier with muscles!”
Taunt :
“Come on! I’m already dead!”
Joke :
“I was alive like you once… then I took an arrow in the knee.”
*Harope’s spirit gets out of his body* “BOOH! Haha.”
Special (using Fire trail after Saltwater tempest) :
“Oh! I hope it doesn’t burn… *laughs*”
Upon dying :
*shouts and enters spirit form*

Tips
Playing as Harope
- Fire trail can deal great damage if you enemies stay in the trail. Try using it when they are slowed or immobilized.
- Using Saltwater tempest on an enemy with a bone mark will stun him.
- When you're in spirit form, try to get in the middle of the fight, it will empower Frightful presence as well as Aura of Vengeance.

Playing against Harope
- Harope has very few ranged abilities, try harassing him with your ranged attacks or spells.
- Harope can combine his abilities to strenghten them, so stay at a good distance if you have a mark on you.
- Harope's ship can deal huge damage over time, but it doesn't move. Get out of the zone to neutralize it.
- When Harope dies, he can still fight for a few seconds, but you cannot target him. Try to get away as soon as you kill him.

Suggestions:
I suggest playing Harope as a solo top or jungler, as he can do powerful ganks with his E or get nice substain from W. Even if Harope has some AP ratios, I don’ t suggest building any, as he scales nicely with AD. Harope is also a fiercy duelist at solo top, as he has some substain and can still react if he dies. Your ultimate can change the result of a team fight or a duel by dealing huge damage if the enemies stay in the zone. For the abilities, take W (shield) first and max it. Then, take E (wave) at level 2 and Q (gunpowder) at level 4. Max Q second and end with E, as it is mostly CdR when you level it up. Get your ultimate as soon as you can (6, 11, 16). Finally, don’t forget that Harope has powerful abilities, but high cooldowns, so Youmuu’s Ghostblade can be a great idea.

Previous concept (carry AD) : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=hansen

***THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKED!***

THANKS to http://www.hiveworkshop.com and its members for the images!
Thanks to DarkPercy's guide for the base stats too! It helped me on magic resistance : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post26434235

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-17-2012

UPTATE 1
Statistics : Decreased movement speed to 320 from 325.
Statistics : Upgraded base armor to 18 from 15.
W : Decreased higher levels damage from the explosion to 30/50/70/90/110 from 30/60/90/120/150.

UPTATE 2
Q : Fire trail reworked. Harope will now throw the trail in a line (range = 2x its movement speed) instead of leaving a trail behind him.
W : Specified the damage of the explosion with a Burning mark.
R : Ship range increased to 1000 from 750.
R : Reworked. Magic damage when the ship emerges has been removed. Added an additional canon to the ship (2 canons having each 1.0 attack speed).
Q (spirit form) : Range increased to 300 from 225. Fear duration reworked. Enemies within 175 range will be feared for 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 and enemies within 175 and 300 range will be feared for half the duration. Before, champions were feared for 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 second.
W (spirit form) : Added new mechanics to Aura of Vengeance. The spirit form will last 1 more second for each second that Aura of Vengeance deals damage. Also, Aura of Vengeance will last 0.5 additional second if Harope's spirit deals 350 damage in 1 second, for a maximum of 5 seconds.

UPTATE 3
Q : Reworked the effect of Saltwater mark. It will no longer double the healing reduction time from Q. New effect : If the enemies have a Saltwater mark on them, they will still be on fire for one second after leaving the trail.
W : Increased the bonus AD ratio when the shield explodes to 0.67 from 0.5 (with Burning mark, the ratio upgraded to 1 from 0.75).
W : Increased mana cost to 75/80/85/90/95 from 70/75/80/85/90.
E : Cooldown increased at higher ranks to 30/26/22/18/14 from 30/25/20/15/10.

UPTATE 4
Lore : Lore has been uptated.
Stats : Magic resist per level changed to +1.25 (52.5 at level 18) from +0 (30 at level 18).
Innate : Specified that auto-attacks do not apply on-hit effects in spirit form.
Innate : Added a new mechanic (nerf) : Harope's movement speed in spirit form will be reduced by 7% each second.
R : Specified that the ship is solid.

UPTATE 5
Stats : Attack speed per level has been fixed.
Innate : Time in spirit form changed to 6 seconds from 5/7/9 seconds.
Innate : Movement speed per second in spirit form upgraded to 8% from 7%.
Q : Mana cost increased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60.
W : Cooldown increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds.
W (spirit form) : Decreased AP ratio to 0.2 from 0.33.
W (spirit form) : Edited maximum damage.
E : Stun duration with a Bone mark reduced to 1 second from 1.5 second.
E (spirit form) : Slow duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds.
E (spirit form) : Changed the slow percentage to 30/35/40/45/50% from 20/25/30/35/40% (+0.1% per bonus AD).
R : Additional damage per bullet when the enemies have a mark has been reduced to 25/50/75 from 50/75/100.
R : Cooldown increased to 120 seconds from 90 seconds.

UPTATE 6
Quotes : Quotes were added.
Tips : Tips were added.
Q (spirit form) : Fear duration has been reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2
W : Name changed to Skeleton shield from Bone shield.
E : Enemies are now knocked back if they are within 50 units of the center of the wave instead of 75. Over 50, they are knocked aside.

Dixie Normouz

06-18-2012

Overall very creative on the skill set. Lore wise he feels like Gangplank's dead uncle.

Stats: maybe reduce his MS by 10 and increase armor by 5-10.

Innate: Karthus has this so maybe you could add a unique twist to it. Also I would just give him 2 pure damage skills upon death seeing as he is a melee fighter.

Q: Great job no need for tweaks.

W: Damage should increase by 10-20 not 30.

E: The sight raduis doesn't really make sense for this skill.

R: LOVE it don't change a thing.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-19-2012

Stats : Decreased movement speed to 320 from 325 and upgraded base armor to 18 from 15.
Innate : The idea was to make Harope's ghost a supporting being in a team-fight, but tell me if you think it really doesn't fit the character. Also, I know that Karthus have something like that, but his abilities don't change like Harope's.
Q : Well thank you ^^
W : You think it would be too much? Ok, I'll take a look at it!
E : Why? I took Nocturne's ultimate as an inspiration for this skill, thought Nocturne has a longer duration.
R : Haha ok, thanks!

Thanks for the review Krobane, it's always nice to have some nice criticism.

Devilton

06-19-2012

niice :P

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-19-2012

Thanks! If anyone else thinks he's nice, don't hesitate to comment, it'll make the other summoners see that thread.

ThePandara

06-19-2012

Really nice idea, it feels like a real and old pirates hehe. The only thing is probably the Ultimate.

I presume that he ship only have 1 cannon? if so, i guess the damage is correct.
2nd: is it moving?

Really like the champion and all the work behind it, im going to had it to my champion list so you might have more comments.

Otherwise, did you thought about giving multiple canon to the ship? :P

And you should go check Zyshin & Rin in my list, probably my favorite in the pack.

good work

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-19-2012

I'll take a look at that! As for the ship, he shoots only 1 bullet per second, but I could nerf the damage and add additionnal canons, it could be nice! And no, the ship won't move, that's why it can be really strong or not strong at all :P. Thanks!

Iminonai

06-19-2012

I saw your review of Avalon and I will be back later today to review this champion, as he seems very interesting. One note before I go, The marks applied by his abilities confuse me. Can there be several marks at once if all abilities hit a champion? Or is each previous mark used up by the next ability that hits? Another thing, His Q is impractical but fits into the character. I think maybe Harope could draw a path (like Rumble's ulti) with the gunpowder and throw it in front of him. THEN he drops his lantern on it and ignites it. A full review will be later on, as I am going to be gone most of the day.

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-19-2012

The marks are consumed when an ability is used, thanks for the question ^^. I uptated the champion so that it would be clear. I'll be waiting for your review to change that Q, but I agree with you that it may not be good enough.