[Guide] Kog'Maw, because Cho'Gath couldn't feast fast enough

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alch1e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

It says you only spend 8 mastery points in Offense but you spent 9. Most likely a typo.

Other than that I don't know how to play him, so I won't say anything.

Zuulkra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Oh lol thanks... math is hard =P hahaha.

I The Architekt

09-01-2010

I don't think Madred's is a good fit for Kog'Maw the reason being you don't get a significant bump in damage from it.

Bio-Arcane does the job effectively enough where Madred's isn't really needed.

When I started playing Kog'Maw (Couple days ago) I took a long look at him and wondered
"I bet my Olaf build would work wonders for this champ."
So, encumbered with joy at this radiant lightbulb of an idea I set my masteries to the good ol' standard 22/0/8 Masteries are 33% Crit Dmg 20% Attack speed.

Offensive

Deadliness 3/3
Archmage's Savvy 1/3
Sorcery 4/4
Aclairty 4/4
Sunder 3/3
Brute Force 3/3
Lethality 3/3
Havoc 1/1

Utility
Health Regen
Improved Ghost
Improved Experience

Summoner Spells
Ghost/Flash

You're going to be dealing so much dmg end game ignite will be USELESS

Early Game Phase: This build is great for solo-ing or you can go to a lane. I can't emphasize enough the importance of grabbing a lane partner that can stun. Since you have to share farm with a parter getting kills is important.
If you're mid just work down minions and your oppentent and go for a kill if an oppertunity presents itself.

Mid Game Phase: This is where you want to start grabbing buffs by then I have roughly 1.7 attack Speed or more (dont remember) You'll want red and blue.
Blue will help you spam R's to help keep visual over your opponent.
Red is good to finish off any escaping kills.

End Game: You won. Good job.

Items: I usually start with a Doran's Blade and a potion but I may end up straying from this so heres my item set minus Doran's and a pot.

Vampiric Scepter: End game like my Olaf build if you some how get stuck 2v1 (which you shouldnt because of summoner spells and sticking with your team is crucial) just use your Q, W spells and Auto, Auto and Auto some more. Your crits, attack speed, and damage output with the life steal will keep you alive.

Beserker Greeves: Reason is obvious

Zeal: Attack speed, Crit, Move speed everything your build needs

Zeal > Phantom Dancer: Same as above

Infinity Edge or Yomuu's Ghostblade: I tend to get both but depending on team comp I may get one over the other first.

Stark's Fevor or Malady: I haven't tried Malady but since I stay in team fights constantly I might as well help out my team other then being DPSing.

Black Cleaver: If you have a tank thats not going down in 6 shots this should help with that slight issue. 2 things though.
1.) A games never lasted this long for me
2.) Focus tanks last lol.

Add me and lets play.

Zuulkra

09-01-2010

Allivian your build defeats the purpose of my Kog build lol. I build specifically to annihilate high HP targets who potentially have very high armor. Madred's is an amazing item because it gives AS, damage AND %HP damage... there is nothing better for this Kog build. Literally nothing.

You have gone with more of a damage/crit/speed build, which is good in it's own right, but doesn't accomplish what I created my build to do.

Delifox

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuulkra View Post
(and I say it because I'm not looking. Period)
Kog'Maw is a she btw, I just checked.

Viro Melchior

09-13-2010

Madred's is the #1 item on KogMaw. Especially with so many Vlads and Garens running around.
However, building it first isn't a good plan. And comparing it to Wit's End is stupid. Wit's End is 1700 gold cheaper, AND is a generally weak item to get. Of course Madred's is better.

Rather than rush Madred's though, if you just build the Razor (1000 gold), the remaining 2800 is enough to get a Rageblade. Which nets you a flat 35 damage on every hit, 45 AP, and a killer passive that costs nothing.

Or, 2800 gold can build you a Stinger (40% attack speed) with 1700 gold to spare. For an extra 150, that's a BF sword. Or you can stack another Recurve Bow with 650 to spare for 80% attack speed (and the -10% cd from Stinger).

Redenbacher

09-14-2010

Personally, I've been grabbing Razors -> Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Guise -> Madred's Bloodrazor

I also get Void Ooze to at least level 4 first, while bringing up Q and W evenly. Why? Well the magic penetration on Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise does wonders for your R. Having Level 4 E, with the enhanced R is an instant minion wave, or banshee camp. Razors help you take down Golem and/or Lizard quickly and hop back in lane without missing a beat. The point is, early farming. The sooner you get that Madred's, the sooner you're dishing out 10% of their max HP in bonus damage. The magic penetration makes the most of your bonus magic damage.

I'll swap the order of Haunting Guise and Madred's if health is becoming a problem early, or farming hasn't been going too well.

buckyou

11-10-2010

bump for greatness

Warrrrax

11-10-2010

Why would you start with a Dagger of all things?

I don't get why you really need more attack speed at level 1. Isn't the concept to be last hitting? Using (W)in at low levels seems to be a waste of mana because you will only get in 1 or 2 additional shots, which is like 50 damage each maybe. A Puke would do a lot more than that.

So why wouldnt you either start with a Meki so you can puke a lot (or use (W)in if you must), or a Doran's Blade for easier last hitting/HPs, or Shield, or something else?

Fiyaflai

12-30-2010

Question - why no Guinsoo's Rageblade? I mean, it gives AD, AP, and AS. o.o Seems perfect.