[Guide] Kog'Maw, because Cho'Gath couldn't feast fast enough

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

so do kogmaw players generally favor AD over AP? As someone curious can someone break down a bit as to why? I can see where stacking speed with his passive health % damage would be killer, but his R seems so amazing that not giving it love seems a waste as well.

Yuruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

I think the mastery build is just about useless on AD/AS kog.
He doesn't plow through mana as you arent spamming R cause its nearly useless except for the odd harass.

Crimson Binome

08-26-2010

Uh, quick question here.

So your mastery build you suggest that 1 point on the gold thing, however if you do the math in a 25 minute game you only gain 150 extra gold, how useful is that over say .75%CDR or even putting it on sunder for the APen?

Domitan

08-26-2010

Since you do mostly magic damage in your build, even though you build as/ad. (Madreds, wit's end, sotd, and Bio-Arcane Barrage are all magic damge), it make much more sense to get the 15% magic pen passive and it doesnt look like it can be passed up over 4% attack speed which you already stack.. other than that not terrible

Zuulkra

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitan View Post
Since you do mostly magic damage in your build, even though you build as/ad. (Madreds, wit's end, sotd, and Bio-Arcane Barrage are all magic damge), it make much more sense to get the 15% magic pen passive and it doesnt look like it can be passed up over 4% attack speed which you already stack.. other than that not terrible
I couldn't decide if the magic pen was worth it... though with the introduction of Galio and improvement of Kassadin's magic resistance it seems like a switch might be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Binome View Post
Uh, quick question here.

So your mastery build you suggest that 1 point on the gold thing, however if you do the math in a 25 minute game you only gain 150 extra gold, how useful is that over say .75%CDR or even putting it on sunder for the APen?
That is a good point, I never did the math on Greed. I think that with a 9/21 build that point would go away anyways, which I might be looking into instead of the current 8/22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruku View Post
I think the mastery build is just about useless on AD/AS kog.
He doesn't plow through mana as you arent spamming R cause its nearly useless except for the odd harass.
Two things: I don't plough through mana true... I also don't have any other means of regenerating mana which means that even just using W with a few Es when needed I will still be out of mana really fast especially before I can get golem. Second I don't do Utility for the mana regen, I do it for the reduced cooldowns for summoner spells and the improved movement/monster buffs (which are crucial to this build succeeding).

Zuulkra

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
so do kogmaw players generally favor AD over AP? As someone curious can someone break down a bit as to why? I can see where stacking speed with his passive health % damage would be killer, but his R seems so amazing that not giving it love seems a waste as well.
Early on Kog was generally built AP though I never bothered doing much with it, been playing him this build since he came out pretty much. Occasionally I still see hybrid kogs (especially on free kog week), but almost never full AP kog. He doesn't do enough damage as AP at the end of the game to justify going AP, though it is good early game.

buckyou

08-27-2010

bump:'D

Zuulkra

08-28-2010

I changed up some of the build.

Edits:

First item: Dagger. I do this because the extra attack speed is still needed early on, and you can sell the Berserker Greaves later for some other shoes.

Masteries: With some suggestions here I have changed my masteries to remove Greed and Alacrity and take Sorcery and Archaic Knowledge. It should improve your damage.

Spell Order: I also changed spell order. I have been finding that the extra attack speed at level 2 is more effective especially for creep killing than having the slow. If you still feel the need to have the slow at such an early level then take it and get Caustic Spittle at 4. I still recommend maxing Bio-Arcane Barrage first.

Shurs

08-28-2010

What is the opinion on adding rylais. I like to after boots/along side with boots rush to both. Between Frozen mallet and rylais you get 1200 health plus everything you do slows. After that I like to throw on as. That health closer to the beginning helps more then anything else Plus no Matter what Happens it helps you get away so your not feeding. Late game when madreds matters you have it and you didn't feed plus your set up for uber ganks.

Zuulkra

08-28-2010

Shurs,

I don't use the CS active enough to justify getting Rylai's for the slow, and I generally have no issue not feeding considering the incredible range of BAB and your ult. The amount of money you would spend on Rylais would be better spent on Madred's, FM, SOTD or GAngel depending on when you were suggesting getting it... not to mention the sooner you scrape faces off the less early game survivability you will need considering it will be the other team needing survivability.