Vayne - Thoughts on building a triforce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GotOwned

05-23-2011

I've been looking through the forums and I have seen many agruments about triforce. Anyone wanna discuss and explain why triforce would/would not work well with vayne?

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Speeds her up. Good synergy with her "Run faster towards opponents" niche.
Crit + sheen proc. Good for getting your 3 hits and getting out until enemy is soft or you catch tham with a good wall pin.
The only thing that doesnt really fit is the AP +. But she uses everything else on Trinity very well i think.

LabMonkey12

05-23-2011

I've not played with her yet, but I can offer some speculation. Triforce is a decent item to get on her because of everything dirtpoor already said, fixes some of her squishiness issues while still boosting dps a considerable deal. The problem is that you have to decide what kind of build you're going to use, and stick to it rigidly. Triforce doesn't really fit in all that well with a crit build (yes, I know it adds crit chance), because it's such an expensive item that you either have to delay IE or go without it entirely (which severely hampers the crit build damage output).

So option 1) Build a tankier Vayne with Triforce, maybe a banshee, and an attack speed item. Less damage overall, more survivability, still fairly bursty with Q > Triforce procs.

Option 2) Straight up crit damage build. Ridiculous amount of consistent damage, able to 3 shot almost any carry that isn't packing serious survivability items. Easier to insta-gib, though.

That's my 2 cents.

Etherimp

05-23-2011

Crit on vayne is not important. Attack speed, Armor Penetration, Attack Damage. TriForce is too expensive for what it provides. There are better items for cheaper.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Crit can be very, very nice on vayne if done right. So far I think my favorite build is pure crit runes, inf edge, and phantom dancer. It synergizes extremely well with her Q and R once it is high enough. But I still have lots of testing to do on Vayne as I just got her.

biomorph

05-23-2011

I would presume that the argument against Tri-force is that it's a indirect path to a high damage AA style carry build. In that case it is true. The best part of tri-force is the proc but that is not to say that all the other effects are useless far from it.
But since her Q is pretty spammable you will utilize the tri-force proc pretty efficiently and it does provide a very significant damage bonus. For mid game it is extremely effective but for late game you will need more damage.
Honestly if you want to make the most of Vayne insane mid game potential I can not see any good reason for not picking tri-force but if you want to play her like the average AA carry then there is no reason to get tri-force.
Speaking of crits I've seen some pretty wicked crits on Vayne with ulti->Q->AA with proc.

TacoMental

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Crit on vayne is not important. Attack speed, Armor Penetration, Attack Damage. TriForce is too expensive for what it provides. There are better items for cheaper.
Crit is amazing on her...Her Q gives +75% of her total attack dmg and her ulti gives you 75 dmg.

All things being equal she can actully score the biggest single crit in the game...higher than tryndamere.

Because she gains so much AD via her skill set you can actually run crit chance runes and rush a phantom dancer and do quite well.

shubomber

05-24-2011

None of Vayne's skills give her bonus AD and I'm pretty sure that neither Q nor E can crit.

simplygnome

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubomber View Post
None of Vayne's skills give her bonus AD and I'm pretty sure that neither Q nor E can crit.
Incorrect

Etherimp

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubomber View Post
R gives her bonus AD. Q can crit as it's just a normal auto-attack with "Bonus damage" attached to it. Not sure about E.

If you build her ASpd, you can get plenty of crit (about 60-70%). I just wouldn't go out of my way to build Crit... would rather build AD/ASpd for more consistant damage.