Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most broken champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YlnYang

06-15-2012

Ive been curious who the public feels is the most broken champion is because i have heard so many op calls lately i don't even know who i think is op anymore1

SO who in the league do you think is the most broken/op champion and why?

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

06-15-2012

There aren't any that really are broken or overpowered. A few are pubstompers, some look broken on paper but are balanced in practice, human error and timing are factors...

os0303

06-15-2012

Quote:
Exdeadman:
There aren't any that really are broken or overpowered. A few are pubstompers, some look broken on paper but are balanced in practice, human error and timing are factors...

Exdeadman speaks the truth

Yuan Shikai

06-15-2012

Quote:
exdeadman:
there aren't any that really are broken or overpowered. A few are pubstompers, some look broken on paper but are balanced in practice, human error and timing are factors...

qft

JuGao

06-15-2012

lolshen is the most broken champion in the game. there's no disadvantage to picking him. ever. you get him and you pretty much get free win.

Skypmeyster

06-15-2012

It can't be denied that some champs are better than others. Elementz has Tier lists for a reason. While we may not all agree on the exact placement of each champion in the tier list, few people are going to argue that champs like Eve, Orianna, Viktor and Miss Fortune are going to win consistently against champs like Lee sin, Ahri, Cass, and Graves.

"Overpowered" is a relative term (if all the champs were OP then none would be) and its always going to be up for discussion on who really is OP (release Xin, Leblanc, Vayne, possibly Darius). What I think causes this idea of "overpowered" is more of the difference in power between the champs or at least the players ability to play some champs. Darius is rather easy to play causing players to play him to his fullest potential easier than say someone playing poppy to her fullest potential

Skypmeyster

06-15-2012

Also, the bans we see in league are very consistent. The pool of champions we see banned most of the time is rather small compared to how many characters there are in the game

Ten Inch Rooster

Recruiter

06-15-2012

I know most people focus on maxed level stuff but as a person leveling if I see Master Yi or Garen I know they're going to have the most kills in the game. I've seen maybe 2 Master Yis who haven't owned everyone and everyone late early to mid game. Its only at the end when everyone is fed and has items that he becomes regular to poor. However, even though they are OP through all of this those teams with them on it rarely if ever win and I notice a lot of it is probably because Yi takes all the kills from his teammates and they never build a solid gold base. There have been plenty of times I see Yi and Garen teams where at least 2 other teammates end up with 0 kills with Yi and Garen being between 20 and 50.

DrakeDeath0

06-15-2012

I find personally that the most broken champions are Alistar and Shen at the moment.

Shen is broken because he can win his lane against most tops, and even if he doesn't win, (like Shen vs Udyr) he can normally farm to his heart's content, and doesn't really lose top. That mixed with his capability to help any team mate anywhere after level 6 means that there really is no negative to picking him.
The only downside to picking Shen is that you're going to need a jungler with some level of damage to make up for the bruiser damage your team would normally get from top lane, but that's really only a problem occasionally in late game team fights and it would be the same for taking any other tank top.

I find Alistar is broken in the sense that between his W and Q he has as much if not more CC than Leona. Although most people don't think of Alistar's W as CC, since you're not allowed to do anything while being pushed back, it's a CC to me.
With a W followed by a Q he can take someone out of the fight for approximately 4 seconds. When you're a squishy AD carry that means you're dead, and that means unless your AP carry is really strong your team just lost that fight.
To top it off, even without many tanky items, his ultimate allows him to tank extremely effectively. I'm not saying that it makes him a tank on its own but rather that the level of gold required to be as effective a tank as others is lower, making him work well in his lower gold Jungler/Support roles.

My next in line would probably be Nautilus for many of the same reasons as Alistar (a lot of CC and much tankier than others for his items). If I were to go with any damage type champ it'd probably have to be Jax. He does a very large amount of damage all game long, has up to 3 second immunity from AD carries (2 sec dodge, 1 stun) who do the most damage to tanky champions, and has a large amount of mobility.

Xerron

06-15-2012

ryze.
edit: downvote for truth.
being able to burst down ppl faster than most ap caries while having the survivalbility of a tank