Jarvan's Ult - Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoObAyAsHi

Member

06-15-2012

Hello !

Who never was trapped by jarvan's ult?

I had an idea: Why doesnt it knock back the other champions (including teammates) and traps only the target?

It would be more like: "Hey, I'm challenging you!" since the cataclysm looks like an arena.

What do you guys think?

thanks =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0rphanPuncher

Senior Member

06-15-2012

What I see alot is Jarvan uses his ulti to help champions land AoE effects. I played a Jarvan team that consisted of is

Jarvan, Fiddle, Anivia, Fiora and Janna.

Everytime we would go to engage they would fall back, then Jarvan would leap from the wall and trap 2 or 3 three of us, next thing we saw was a bladewaltz, crowstorm, and an anivia ult.... What I seen could not be undone,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousVendetta2 View Post
What I see alot is Jarvan uses his ulti to help champions land AoE effects. I played a Jarvan team that consisted of is

Jarvan, Fiddle, Anivia, Fiora and Janna.

Everytime we would go to engage they would fall back, then Jarvan would leap from the wall and trap 2 or 3 three of us, next thing we saw was a bladewaltz, crowstorm, and an anivia ult.... What I seen could not be undone,
I feel like all you saw was bug guts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SatanInDisguise

Senior Member

06-15-2012

Its an AoE spell not a targeted ability if it was a targeted ability it would make it even harder to dodge though it is pretty hard now.

Also its real purpose I think is more to trap the enemy team instead of actually killing or anything and so getting rid of everyone except your target kinda defeats the purpose.

Maybe if you were gonna do that make it so when it lands all enemys are knocked back but dont go over the walls so any enemy nearby will be thrown into the walls of the ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

Senior Member

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
Its an AoE spell not a targeted ability if it was a targeted ability it would make it even harder to dodge though it is pretty hard now.

Also its real purpose I think is more to trap the enemy team instead of actually killing or anything and so getting rid of everyone except your target kinda defeats the purpose.

Maybe if you were gonna do that make it so when it lands all enemys are knocked back but dont go over the walls so any enemy nearby will be thrown into the walls of the ult.
I'm not entirely sure you've played Jarvan because some of the things you've said are just fundamentally wrong.
A: It is targeted... You've just got to try to hit the person in the middle of their team.
B: It does I think 600 damage at rank 3, and has some solid AD scaling. That thing HURTS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insípid

Senior Member

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I'm not entirely sure you've played Jarvan because some of the things you've said are just fundamentally wrong.
A: It is targeted... You've just got to try to hit the person in the middle of their team.
B: It does I think 600 damage at rank 3, and has some solid AD scaling. That thing HURTS.
Correct, his ult being an AoE is a big misconception, it only damages the person you target, hence it being a targeted ability. Also...the ult has 1.5 AD scaling. 200+ AD your ult is gonna do some massive damage to the SQUISHY TARGET YOUR PRIMARY FOCUS as jarvan. Emphasis to people who think jarvans ult is weak and solely for disruption.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RongDen

Junior Member

06-15-2012

i'll use it later on


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SatanInDisguise

Senior Member

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I'm not entirely sure you've played Jarvan because some of the things you've said are just fundamentally wrong.
A: It is targeted... You've just got to try to hit the person in the middle of their team.
B: It does I think 600 damage at rank 3, and has some solid AD scaling. That thing HURTS.
Hmm I have played Jarvan though it was only when he was on free week last.

Though I was under the impression and I just watched the ability video on his champion profile thing and that seems to concur that when you use the ult if you press R you get a ring for the range and then another ring for the area that is going to get the arena I was under the impression you could throw the ult up anywhere not just on one specific champ and hope the rest get caught.