Corruption (Role-play series) - Off-Character Thread

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

06-15-2012

Hey-o! This is the off-character thread for the 5 episodes of my Role-play series: Corruption. The first two titles are below, but I'll list another once we start with Episode 2. Before you decide to ninja jump down, it's best for you to read the following first:

This is the thread were we discuss ideas, secure spots for future episodes and for asking questions. We'll also discuss why you'd like to join future episodes, with the best reason being chosen when said episode is ready to start. This is also where I'll review your profiles, which is what I decided not to do to the initial party, and it's also my preference, but not strictly necessary, for the profile to not have magic powers or Old-Jax and Tryndamere overpowered, which should be obvious, but I'll make arrangements like I did with the first 6 people that joined in besides myself. Finally, this thread also gives the summaries of what happened so far and sneak peaks into future episodes, which would be released when we get the 500-post mark on the in-progress episode.

With those aside, let's get on with the episodes:

Abductions - Role-play full and in progress.

Participants:

Me as my usual ninja self
Necromonger as 'Zero' Zamara
Paltala as Chris 'Paltala' Mort
Deepwater Dragon as Rowni Thakoto
NikkiShallDye as Tem'rak
SmileyDemon as Caitlyn's split-personality, 'C' Talicyn
and last but definitely not least: Rudmed as Claude Norfield

Situations/things that happened so far:
Beginning
Piltover's law failed and a corrupt Summoner of the League has decided that he was more powerful that anyone else. With his magical capabilities, he had abducted several people, and five survived. Afterwards, he took the risk of being apprehended by kidnapping Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover. He was successful, and as soon as Piltover and the League took notice, Kiang Li, the only Shinobi left, who was looking for work, has stumbled across Piltover and was sent to the Bartelé Manor, where the League Summoner had hidden several things.

Li's Arrival
Li has found Chris Mort, who was very dehydrated, and managed to free him of the prison he was taken into. They take a door in the the manor only to witness several horrors and to rescue Claude and Caitlyn.

The Labyrinth
Witnessing more horrors, the group of four searches for Tem'rak after Li had acquired a weapon that he gave to Caitlyn. Tem'rak was found in a cold chamber when Li was led to him with an ice trail. They rescued Zero afterwards and found her to be deprived and hungry, just like the people Li has rescued so far.

The Mess Hall
The group has found that the manor is much more alive that it is.

Under the World - Spot saved and pending for o0sniper50o; 1 spot potentially open.

o0sniper50o

06-15-2012

The RP is kind of awesome. But I have to leave for four weeks soonishly. It fills me with great sadness that I may not have internet during a time of supposed relaxation.

Kiang Li

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0sniper50o View Post
The RP is kind of awesome. But I have to leave for four weeks soonishly. It fills me with great sadness that I may not have internet during a time of supposed relaxation.
I'll be a Generous Gil and save you the spot for "Under The World" but only if you sign up before the end of next month, where I'll assume that you don't want in if you're absent.

Kiang Li

06-15-2012

((Guys n' gals, as soon as we enter the next stage of Episode 1, these'll be implemented:

-You will each have a fear meter, which increases by 1 (starting from 0 and phasing to a cap of 10, which makes your character attack Li) when your witness something he/she cannot stomach for 1 post or is isolated from the group for 2 posts. This reduces by 1 for every 2 posts with the group or for 3 posts without being intimidated.

-You will each have hunger and thirst meters, which works in the same mechanic as the fear meter. Scenario/what increases the meter by 1: hunger - 1 for every 5 posts without eating 200 grams; thirst - 1 for every 2 posts doing any intense activity or 1 for every 5 posts of not drinking 500mL. Their respective meters reset if the character is fed food or water respectively. It has the same outcome as the one below;

-You will each have a tireness meter, which increase by 1 for every post of being vigorous such as combat or lifting something with 200% of your toon's mass. This works like the 10-post combat rule, except it's for everyone INCLUDING Li himself. If your character passes the milestone of 10, he/she becomes deprived and must be carried by a healthier character. All his/her meters also stop.

Side note/optional: you can help me keep track of your character's meters by putting it in the bottom just as I do with Li's shurikens and whatnot. If you'd prefer not to do that, rock up and lemme know.

Final note: No meter-dodging. Meter dodging means writing whole essays, metaphorically speaking, to fight off a scenario to avoid dramatically affecting the meter such as: x becomes the spawn turret and all the y enemies die and everything is done.

I posted this in the Role-Play thread at Page 18, just for a reminder.

Clarifications -
Fear meter (Put as the symbol S in the [[]]) - If your character gets scared or isolated, add 1 on the meter. If that reaches 10, your character attacks Li, thinking he's a demon, and the meter downs to 5. This fades away by -1 for every 3 posts you're safe.

Tireness(Ti) - +1 for every vigorous activity your character does. If your character uses equipment, it doesn't count.
Hunger (H) - +1 for every 5 posts your character hasn't eaten anything.
Thirst (Th) - Same as hunger but for water.
Tireness, hunger and thirst all have the same outcomes;
-Resets when your character haves food/water respectively. However, tireness only halves when your character eats or drinks but it resets back to 0 when it halves at 2.
-Your character becomes deprived and must be carried by a healthier character.

Example:

[[S - 5
Ti - 5
H - 5
Th - 5]]

Elithik

06-15-2012

I have a question regarding Rowni. In this RP will I ever get the chance to play his alternate forms? Playing him as essentially different characters was one of the things I looked forward to when I created him.

Ms Annie Hastur

06-15-2012

What if I killed the wall of flesh? Would we get a closed rp called "the hallow" too?)

Kiang Li

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWater Dragon View Post
I have a question regarding Rowni. In this RP will I ever get the chance to play his alternate forms? Playing him as essentially different characters was one of the things I looked forward to when I created him.
Only the water cat form for the first 2 episodes. Reason is the first 2 episodes only has small conflicts and I'd like to keep it fair for everyone else. But for the subsequent episodes I'll make arrangements to let him do dragon form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hastur View Post
What if I killed the wall of flesh? Would we get a closed rp called "the hallow" too?)
Eh? I don't know what you're talking about, apparently.

Elithik

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
Only the water cat form for the first 2 episodes. Reason is the first 2 episodes only has small conflicts and I'd like to keep it fair for everyone else. But for the subsequent episodes I'll make arrangements to let him do dragon form.
Thank you! *grins*

Kiang Li

06-16-2012

Sir Bumpsalot and the ninja bumped this thread.

Elithik

06-18-2012

Can Rowni transform as of right now?

12345 ... 7