Why so much hate on Twitch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatalityEffect

06-14-2012

Why do people always say that Twitch is either the worst or one of the worst champs in the game? Everyone always says he's useless and garbage. Twitch is one of my go to champs when I want to win or get a ton of kills. He does sooooo much damage late game it's ridiculous, and his ganks are probably the best in the game. Overall i'd say he's one of the best champions in the game.
So tell me summoners, why do you think Twitch is bad (if you even do)?

MoreMedz

06-14-2012

No one is saying that Twitch is bad. Complaints re Twitch usually fall into two groups. First group finds his ability to become invisible at will a frustration to deal with, especially where Twitch dominates the early game. Second group finds that Twitch's mechanics too easily negated by Oracle in late game, resulting in Twitch not being able to utilise all his abilities effectively.

TeknoWizard

06-14-2012

He's good. He's just extremely situational and outclassed by most AD carries.

sl0tw0n

06-14-2012

Twitch is a "pubstomper" he's very strong so long as the enemy team doesnt know what it's doing, partly because he's all item, deny him gold and he will be this utterly useless thing.

There is also the fact that he can be hard to fit on a team as he doesnt lane as a normal ad carry does, getting CS and using is abilities to trade in the lane.

His reliance on roaming means that he risks not keeping up with a standard AD carry's gold intake if he doesnt get kills (and sometimes even if he does, CS goes a LONG way) this also means that you have 2 solo lanes and one is playing 1v2... and 1v2 is just not the same when one of the two, namely the support, can afford to spend every second zoning you out of gold and XP.

Countering him is by no means hard to do, as a support i buy pink wards just to kill green wards occasionaly so why would i not spend it on shutting the ennemy carry down... mid is almost always half-a-second away from tower so top is your choice alternative... and after you've done it once to him he might vision ward too.

Twitch is just like any other ad carry when theres a pink ward in lane...except that suddenly his 3 remaining abilities are less useful because you cant use them as efficiently without being seen, and the fact that you might reveal your destinations by crossing wards when not invisible just makes it all the harder.