Veigar Viable Competitively?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GCD Drew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I love playing Veigar, and I know he has absolutely amazing burst damage, but I've also noticed that he is never played in tournaments. What is the reason for this? His stun can completely change a teamfight, can instantly take an enemy out of the fight, and (with some cdr) has relatively consistent damage over an entire fight.

Or am I just completely wrong, and he actually is used competitively?

Part of why I am asking this is to determine if he is worth continuing to play and master. Thanks.

BlackJesus101

06-14-2012

his reliable damage (not his w) is short range and coupled with the fact that he is extremely squishy makes him an extremely situational pick

he also has a hard time farming against most ap mids and his heavy burst isnt always useful in the current meta

he was one of my first champs and he can be very fun to use but if you want a more reliable ap champion to master try someone like cassio,kennen,karthus,vladimir etc idk that much about most ap mids but veigar is definitely not the best go-to ap mid out there

TeknoWizard

06-14-2012

He's basically just a Burst Anti-Mage. Which honestly, other champions do better, such as Talon and Kassadin. He's not bad, he's just outclassed.

Little Boy Nate

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
He's basically just a Burst Anti-Mage. Which honestly, other champions do better, such as Talon and Kassadin. He's not bad, he's just outclassed.
And the problem with this is that Talon and Kassadin also counter Veigar.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

He is very weak to sustain laners in mid, requires very careful positioning/ guarding to survive, and even in the best of games is usually on the defensive in his lane.

That said, his perks are amazing AOE CC, the ability to harass without giving the enemy a chance to trade, and very high burst damage.

I think he's viable, but he has quite a few counterpicks compared to others in mid.

bylobog44

06-14-2012

The problem with Viegar is that the game has to go close to 40 minutes before he really hits his stride. He's much like Nasus that way. But in a 40 min+ game if he has been able to farm up his Q he's devastating.

Amaltron

06-14-2012

Look up Crs Nyjacky's games from Team Curse and even bigfatlp from Counter Logic Gaming. They both play Veigar competitively.