Who's side of the Freljord conflict are you on?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

throwmeaname

06-14-2012

K, so we know that there is a temporal peace happening in Freljord since Queen Ashe "united" all of Freljord under one banner. As awesome as it may seem, Sejuani is very skeptic of this peace, claiming that Ashe is responsible for the perversion of their culture. I mean, you can't really blame her for being spiteful. After all, Sejuani's destiny has pretty much been taken away from her since the coronation of Ashe.

Or has it?

So we know that the unification of Freljord is very sketchy ordeal. Ashe claimed that the barbarians came to Freljord seeking refugee from Noxian pacification forces. Ashe welcomed the barbarians with open arms, promising protection against Noxus' pacification forces, and allowed Tryndamere seat in power as the king of Freljord. However, in the previous volume, the JoJ claim that the noxian forces has been hindered by the barbarians. This suggests that the barbarians do not need refuge from the noxians. In fact, the reason why Ashe rallied the barbarian to Freljord is not to accept refugees, but to bolster her forces against the rebel power house that is Sejuani. Ashe knows that she can't take on the forces of Sejuani alone despite Lissandra's help. So instead, she made a deal with the barbarians. Ashe realizes that the barbarians are a force to be reckoned with, seeing what they can do against the Noxus forces, so she invited Trydamere on a deal: ally with her, and Ashe will make him king.

Using her innate popularity, charisma and influence, Ashe, the great tactician that she is, has effectively done two things:
1) detered Sejuani's forces and
2) achieved full control over the region of Freljord

However, what about Sejuani who was destined to unite the divided territories of Freljord? Will she ever fulfil her destiny? Or are the mystics wrong about their foretelling?

With the facts presented on the table, I ask,
If there happen to be civil unrest in the Freljord in the future, which side of the conflict would you be on?
The destined Sejuani, or Queen Ashe?

Personally, if there is ever conflict in Freljord, I would have to jump on board with Sejuani simply because she is the underdog between the two. Not only that but we see from films and litrature that destiny works in a funny way (ie, the story of Oedipus)

Dracorya

06-14-2012

I support Ashe because she actually went out there and did stuff for her people. She united them against the threat of Noxus.

Sejuani comes off to me as a whiny child who's throwing a tantrum because leadership over the tribes wasn't simply just handed over to her. Did she expect that if she continued to do things in isolation that things would get done? Newsflash for her, destinies can change.

Eredaar

06-14-2012

well actually ashe married trynd so they had enough people to A: stop Noxus( not Sej) and B: count as a city state to enter the Institute. Anyways I support ashe all the way basically what ^ said

Rasuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I support Sejuani, for the same reasons as the OP.

KiteMeGood

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
I support Ashe because she actually went out there and did stuff for her people. She united them against the threat of Noxus.

Sejuani comes off to me as a whiny child who's throwing a tantrum because leadership over the tribes wasn't simply just handed over to her. Did she expect that if she continued to do things in isolation that things would get done? Newsflash for her, destinies can change.
What Noxus can't take by force they will take with the dagger. Hire people like Gragas to hawk products at Freljord and be used warm homes and the next will grow fat on Graggy Ice. And that more illiterate bandits or Noxians will come in and take that land for themselves, that's how it will be, that's how it has been, that's how it always will be.

EpicLotus

06-14-2012

Iīm with Sejuani.

Uniting Freijord has not accomplished anything, Ashe is just naive.

Sejuaniīs people are still starving and dying, what ashe did was the coward way out hiding behind tryndamere afraid of losing her lands, avoiding a conflict.

Did ashe saved lives? no, the warriors that didnīt die in the war are starving anyways... and the children of sejuaniīs tribe too.

It is like we put all of africa under one banner... would it solve the problems? not really.... not at all...

Peace doesnīt fill bellies.

Dracorya

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLotus View Post
Iīm with Sejuani.

Uniting Freijord has not accomplished anything, Ashe is just naive.

Sejuaniīs people are still starving and dying, what ashe did was the coward way out hiding behind tryndamere afraid of losing her lands, avoiding a conflict.

Did ashe saved lives? no, the warriors that didnīt die in the war are starving anyways... and the children of sejuaniīs tribe too.

It is like we put all of africa under one banner... would it solve the problems? not really.... not at all...

Peace doesnīt fill bellies.
Except the majority of Sejuani's people jump on on broad to support Ashe...in fact pretty much all of them turned their backs on Sejuani because so far all she did was talk and care about her "destiny" rather then do anything for her people.

It was her fault for not taking initiative earlier, instead focusing on her training to extend more pointless fighting that was doing nothing for the people as a whole. She threw a temper tantrum rather then figure out a way to help her people and slap away any efforts that could have helped her people.

And I find it odd that you think civil fighting was a GOOD thing considering that Noxus just recently had to put down their own division within their own city-state.

So shouldn't that mean that Ashe proved herself that she managed to do something that no one else had accomplished for generations? She united her people, whether by force or by diplomatic means is irrelevant, she did it.

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Yes, Sejuani refuses to unite with Ashe simply because she is the one who wants to be at power, despite the fact that the one who worked for the unification of Freljord was Ashe, while all she did was try to continue the pointless war that would be making everyone starve in the first place.
And please. The barbarians were being able to stave Noxus off, but it's obvious that they're much safer being protected by the institute. And to be protected by the institute they needed to be a city-state, which wouldn't be possible if Ashe didn't unite Freljord. If it weren't for Ashe, Freljord's situation would be much worse. Those who are starving under Sejuani are only doing so because they insist on following such a stubborn, single minded woman.
And I don't think that anyone is starving under Ashe's rule. At least not more than they might be when all of Freljord's resources were being used to stave off Noxus and on intern conflict. If I remember it well, Freljordian economy was doing good enough, since Gragas opened a business there even.

Cookiehime

06-15-2012

How is royalty passed down in Sej's and Lissandra's tribes? After some thought, I concluded that they're not direct descendants of the original three legendary sisters. What made me come to this realization is Ashe's lore, where it is stated and emphasized that she is a direct descendant of Avarosa herself, one of the legendary sisters. I may be wrong, correct me if I am.

I'm asking this question because in the second issue of the JoJ, the former Ice Dervish Princess, Mauvole, died a natural death and her title was passed down to Lissandra. It's never stated whether Lissandra had any blood ties to Mauvole, is it?

And another thing had been bugging me. How old was Mauvole? Could she have died from old age? If not... maybe the death was not as natural as it seemed...

Omg, I might be over-thinking. But do share your opinions and ideas. They're much appreciated since I could be wrong on many things.

Oh, and I'm pretty much undecided and unsure what side I should pick. Tough choice. You never know who's right or wrong in politics.

throwmeaname

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiehime View Post
How is royalty passed down in Sej's and Lissandra's tribes? After some thought, I concluded that they're not direct descendants of the original three legendary sisters. What made me come to this realization is Ashe's lore, where it is stated and emphasized that she is a direct descendant of Avarosa herself, one of the legendary sisters. I may be wrong, correct me if I am.

I'm asking this question because in the second issue of the JoJ, the former Ice Dervish Princess, Mauvole, died a natural death and her title was passed down to Lissandra. It's never stated whether Lissandra had any blood ties to Mauvole, is it?

And another thing had been bugging me. How old was Mauvole? Could she have died from old age? If not... maybe the death was not as natural as it seemed...

Omg, I might be over-thinking. But do share your opinions and ideas. They're much appreciated since I could be wrong on many things.

Oh, and I'm pretty much undecided and unsure what side I should pick. Tough choice. You never know who's right or wrong in politics.
No, you're absolutely not over thinking things. There may have been a silent coup in the Ice Dervish clan to get rid of Mauvole to put Lissandra in power. When Lissandra came to position, she allied herself up with Ashe. There may have been some back dealing between Ashe and Lissandra, just as there were between Ashe and Tryn. In the promise for power, Lissandra allied herself with Ashe.

12345 ... 6