South americans need their own server/region

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueBurner

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Then why is everyone saying that Spanish-speakers need to learn English before they can play on the North American server?
ummm cuz its the north american server, a majority of the ppl playing on that server speak english as their first and usually only language. the spanish speakers should go to the south american server since they only speak spanish, then theyd get paired with ppl who speak the same language, and to all the ppl saying that ppl who blame their losses on a language barrier are bad are, no offence, but ignorant, how am i going to win a game when, for example, me and and another english speaker are both playing and cant talk to our third player to communicate with him, last i checked LoL uses a decent amount of team communication for ganks, help when someones getting ganked, and jus overall game flow in general, when im telling someone to watch out because theyre about to get ganked and they cant understand me, it usually ends with them getting ganked and feeding the enemy team... so in the end language is a big deal

TrueBurner

12-14-2012

Quote:
By here, do you mean Canada? Because I'll agree, English is one of Canada's two official languages. The other is French.

And Spanish is Mexico's official language.

Both of these countries are North American, by the way.

And the United States? Yea, we don't have an official language. Nice try though.
ummm im jus gonna say im pretty sure english is the main language of america, jus sayin you cant say america has no official language,
english is the first language taught to any child growing up in america attending public school, i see your reasoning with the mexico and canada but lets be real a south american server thats seperate from the brazilian one would be best for all spanish speakers to play on, then they can communicate with their language and we can with ours, french canadians, well im not sure on that one maybe they can go to a french server being that a majority of the ppl i met in canada spoke perfect english

Endr03

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBurner View Post
ummm cuz its the north american server, a majority of the ppl playing on that server speak english as their first and usually only language. the spanish speakers should go to the south american server since they only speak spanish, then theyd get paired with ppl who speak the same language, and to all the ppl saying that ppl who blame their losses on a language barrier are bad are, no offence, but ignorant, how am i going to win a game when, for example, me and and another english speaker are both playing and cant talk to our third player to communicate with him, last i checked LoL uses a decent amount of team communication for ganks, help when someones getting ganked, and jus overall game flow in general, when im telling someone to watch out because theyre about to get ganked and they cant understand me, it usually ends with them getting ganked and feeding the enemy team... so in the end language is a big deal
i don't know a Spanish or Portuguese speaking player on my level (and im not high 1400's) that doesn't understand mia or ss....re...care....gank...lane positions.....pings......never once do I speak a full english sentence to even english speaking players tha thas to do with the game ...and **** sometimes they put cuidado....it's on pretty much any caution sign in the united states so it's safe to assume it means caution(i've only been to Victoria Canada so I can't speak for that country) the difference in primary language doesn't really do anything

LogicalTautology

12-14-2012

Quote:
'Darn it, that guy who locked in Taric with Exhaust is speaking Spanish. If only I knew what role he is playing!'
'Hrmm, our jungler seems to be pinging Baron a lot after we aced them. If only he spoke English and could tell me what he wants!'
'Our Brazilian mid is yellow pinging all over the bot river while I don't see Kat on my minimap. I wonder what he is trying to tell me, if only he spoke English!'

Key

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I live in Mexico, I speak English, Spanish, French, Chinese and Japanese. 'Merica please do stop forcing people to adjust to you, it's North America and the predominant languages in the region are English, French and Spanish. EUWest doesn't complain and it's way more of a cluster**** there.

ULTRASRBIN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Por qué nos odian? Todo lo que escribió es un montón de mentiras! Parar el racismo!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
ummm im jus gonna say im pretty sure english is the main language of america, jus sayin you cant say america has no official language,
english is the first language taught to any child growing up in america attending public school, i see your reasoning with the mexico and canada but lets be real a south american server thats seperate from the brazilian one would be best for all spanish speakers to play on, then they can communicate with their language and we can with ours, french canadians, well im not sure on that one maybe they can go to a french server being that a majority of the ppl i met in canada spoke perfect english
There are a lot of things wrong with this post, I want to focus on one extraordinary misconception right now.

Brazilians don't speak Spanish. They speak Portuguese. A Brazilian can't understand a Spanish-speaker any better than an English-only speaker can understand a Spanish-speaker.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endr03 View Post
what bugs me is the horrible connections some of them have, I have no idea if it's the provider or just that they have some bad jumps to the servers but it's annoying when 2 out of 5 people lag in and out of the game just due to location now I've see nsome peopel in N.A. have some bad connections also but it's usually a guarantee that if they are from S.A. they will have some bad connections
Just because someone speaks Spanish doesn't mean they're from South America. Mexico is in North America. Mexicans speak Spanish.

If Mexicans and French-Canadians that don't speak English were forced to play on another server because of the language barrier, their ping would be horrendous. And this is why I've been saying through this whole thread.

The servers are based on geography. You should select and connect to whichever server you are closest to geographically speaking because in almost every instance, this server will give you the best ping. Certainly if your only other options are servers on different continents, the one on your continent will have the best ping.

I've played games with Spanish-speakers with pings under 50. As an American, my ping is consistently in the 70-80 range.

first time Vayne

12-15-2012

Quote:
There are a lot of things wrong with this post, I want to focus on one extraordinary misconception right now.

Brazilians don't speak Spanish. They speak Portuguese. A Brazilian can't understand a Spanish-speaker any better than an English-only speaker can understand a Spanish-speaker.
He said that a South American server separate from the Brazilian one would be best for Spanish speakers. He never said that Brazilians speak Spanish...

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
He said that a South American server separate from the Brazilian one would be best for Spanish speakers. He never said that Brazilians speak Spanish...
For this to happen, it would have to be justified by player population. I'd guess the Asian and EU West servers are more populated than North America, and that's before the split.