Tower Dive? It's k, I've got a Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

01-24-2013

My biggest issue with Thresh is with his lantern and how it is now extremely easy to tower dive. Like I can't even describe in one post how stupidly easy it is to go in, kill someone, then click Thresh's lantern and escape easily (then it shields you from the last tower hit anyway!). His lantern and that mechanic makes tower diving ridiculously safe where normally you would 100% die. All you have to do is toss his lantern beside their tower, and the enemies know what's coming.

I'm not sure of a solution to this, maybe reducing the length of time the lantern chills on the ground for, maybe?

Now I'm not only b*tching about it happening to me, cause it has, but I've also done it to other people and it doesn't feel very much like it fits in with LoL. It feels too easy, cheap and plain not fair. Thoughts?

Castyr Minion

01-24-2013

an enemy support with a hard cc counters this.
Taric stun for example

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

01-24-2013

How about when an enemy Blitzcrank pulls you away from your tower? You're going to want a way to get back to your turrret as fast as possible. It has it's pro's and con's.

Mothalius

01-24-2013

And if the enemy support doesn't have a hard CC? Example - Soraka, Nunu and even Thresh unless he's willing to pop his ult, but if he's not 6? :/

Even if a support has a hard CC, if you're going after the adc or support when they only have 100 health, you'll still be able to get the kill and take 2-3 tower hits and get out due to rapid escape + shield.

Castyr Minion

01-24-2013

im not saying that its not strong.
but there are ways to avoid/ counter it.
Just remember to counter pick.

Mothalius

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Poison View Post
im not saying that its not strong.
but there are ways to avoid/ counter it.
Just remember to counter pick.
How do you counter pick an ability that lets your adc secure a kill where were they to have any other support champion, the tower would 100% prevent the death?

Castyr Minion

01-24-2013

the tower doesnt 100% prevent death.
I can dive with Siver and take maybe one turret shot.
Sivers Ricochet and Kats Q can both assist a turret dive with out risking to many turret shots.
Counter with blitz, the lantern is an easy blitz grab. you know exactly where your opponent is going.
Taric stun before they grab it Janna pop up Sona stun Leona stun.
Or just play safe and avoid being in a position where being dove then this whole thing becomes irrelevant.
Im not saying you dont have a point, I'm just saying that there are ways to avoid this being the end of the world.

TheJGWentworth

01-24-2013

try landing a thresh q and then tell me his lantern makes him ez...

Mothalius

01-24-2013

My point is simply that Thresh's lantern makes Tower Diving too easy. That's it :P

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Don't be at 100 hp so they can kill you instantly, and call it a dive? Honestly, what thresh's lantern pull can do most champs can do just by walking out or flashing. For the dive to succeed they have to actually kill you first, then get out. If you have a support like soraka, you shouldn't be so easy to kill. Nunu and Thresh do have CC - the divers shouldn't be able to get to you versus chain iceball or Thresh interrupts.