Turrets need to be buffed again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AaronChakra

06-14-2012

Just had a malphite infinite turret dive me at level 10 he took almost no damage. Is there any good ways to buff turrets but still punish turret hugging as well?

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I agree that turrets seem a little useless at later levels. What if turrets dealt consecutively increasing damage? What I mean is that every consecutive tower shot a champion takes deals 10% increased damage or something like that. (This consecutivity would be lost if the turret is no longer targeting a certain champion). This wouldn't affect turret hugging much, because going in for pokes will end up with the same result, but will punish sustained diving, because the longer you stay under there, the more damage the tower shots will do. Just a thought.

Seanathinary

06-14-2012

well thats maplhite, he stacks armor amd becomes tanky as **** if someone less tanky tried that im sure yo uwoulda had better luck

Blaine Tog

06-14-2012

Tanks can start seriously turret diving at around level 10, yes. This is kinda by design. By level 10, you need to be able to protect yourself or know when you need to get out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
I agree that turrets seem a little useless at later levels. What if turrets dealt consecutively increasing damage? What I mean is that every consecutive tower shot a champion takes deals 10% increased damage or something like that. (This consecutivity would be lost if the turret is no longer targeting a certain champion). This wouldn't affect turret hugging much, because going in for pokes will end up with the same result, but will punish sustained diving, because the longer you stay under there, the more damage the tower shots will do. Just a thought.
They already do this.

TylerJ

06-14-2012

Why couldn't turrents have a slight slow effect on them, maybe cumulative? 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, capping at 35% (or something)?

Or a microstun (think like old dwarven sniper in DOTA).

BenignFury

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJ View Post
Why couldn't turrents have a slight slow effect on them, maybe cumulative? 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, capping at 35% (or something)?

Or a microstun (think like old dwarven sniper in DOTA).
Oh geez. I don't know if i'd ever tower-dive with most of my champs mid if the tower slowed me

DwarfBear

06-14-2012

slows or stuns that get applied every second is too op. maybe just give them more armor pen after each hit and keep the increasing damage the same

SatanInDisguise

06-14-2012

You could make the Turret hits give a small stacking buff that maxes out at 10 stacks or something like that and each stack removes a small amount of AD/AP/Armour/MR but when at full stacks the amount is fairly significant. So then you dive and if you don't take them out in a couple of seconds your damage drops your Armour drops and you are more likely to die.

Would take a lot of balancing to ensure its fair to both Carrys and Tanks so that neither one is caused a bigger problem by it aside from the obvious one of Carrys dieing quicker. But it would make it so you could counter a turret dive from a tank if you can dance around long enough for them to take a couple of stacks.

advancedAI

06-14-2012

The turret could do damage based off of a percentage of your health.

But once mid game hits arent characters like Malphite supposed to be able to tank turrets?

LastStaX

06-14-2012

they wont buff turrets for one simple reason, it would promote passive play even more then it already is. (which is something riot is trying to get away from)