how do you bot or top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plz Dont Troll I

06-14-2012

2v2 no junglers im having a really tough time laning against basically everything. any tips on laning would really be appricated. Heres an good example: im ashe im laning against rammus and the croc guy. im about 500-700 health rammus go into a bush and comes behind me with power ball, the croc stuns me and rammus taunts me. I'm dead even with a heal, how could that be prevented? i was laning with jax but i think he ran behind the tower when they started throwing their combo on me. Anoher good example: im trist and im laning with another jax and we are facing off mf and jax. they harrassed me pretty hard im about 1/2 health i use a potion and i start last hitting minions. mf uses her cannon thing that slows me down, jax jumps on me stuns me and they keep hitting me and im dead.

SatanInDisguise

06-14-2012

Stay further back preferably behind Jax in this example if they could gank so easily you were most likely over extending. For the seconds example you have rocket jump as trist to escape them situations.

TeknoWizard

06-14-2012

Please accept the summoner's code. I'm sure people being able to read your post will lead to better and more advice.

Besides that, it seems like you're having a tough time with your lane partner. Apart from the obvious "Queue with a friend" advice, try asking him to help you harass the enemy lane. And, since it seems you like playing ranged AD, try picking up Sivir and trying her. The spell shield will help you live the harass, and maybe help you escape when they combo you.

Plz Dont Troll I

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
Stay further back preferably behind Jax in this example if they could gank so easily you were most likely over extending. For the seconds example you have rocket jump as trist to escape them situations.
i was lvl 1 i didnt have rocket yet i start off with the explosive shot and i was in the half zone of the lane(between river)

VerdantDargon

06-14-2012

In both of these cases you were ranged, so your best bet is to use that range and stay away from the enemy champions while still attacking with skills. This takes some practice, but what you can do is use a skill, back off and wait for the cooldown, while last hitting minions and staying out of your opponents range and then attacking with a skill again. (rinse and repeat). Its easier said then done, since your opponents will try to do the same if they are ranged, or if they are melee they will try to rush in, hit you hard, and rush out. (or try to get you to overextend and then gank you.)

Also, try to stay away from the bush when someone is MIA, even if its someone in your lane. If you suspect someone is in the bush, shoot your skills into the bush to scare them off. Ranged characters are good for bush checking without face-checking. Also, buy wards or have someone use a lantern, it sounds stupid but it works. Wards save lives.

At level one, don't expect to get a kill unless the other team really over extends. Knowing this, play with caution, only push as far as it is safe to do so, let your minions push if you feel overextended and run back a bit. Stay towards the middle of the lane (width wise, away from the jungle and away from the far wall where there is brush), to give you more time to spot a gank.

SatanInDisguise

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plz Dont Troll I View Post
i was lvl 1 i didnt have rocket yet i start off with the explosive shot and i was in the half zone of the lane(between river)
Do you actually push the wave or do you last hit creeps because unless you are playing with yourself and your lane partner being hyper aggressive then you should not be that far forward.

When playing any champion during the early part of the game you should only ever last hit minions (if you dont know what that means it is waiting till the creep is at one or so hits by another minion from death before you actually attack it) this way if the enemy champ is doing the same you should have the lane kept in such a position that neither player pushes. That way you should never be overextended.

It is even better if the enemy laner does push then you can just farm under the turret with no worries.