Talon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lhuarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Ever since I played him on free week I've always been contemplating buying him but I just dont know where or how he fits in with team compositions. From my understanding he is mainly a counterpick mid to champs like Kass, Annie, and others. I've also seen him go top but I feel like he would be outshined by those beefy bruisers. Same with the jungle, I feel like his clear times would be subpar but could gank decently with rake and exhaust.

Usually I play top champs and I want someone who I can play most often instead of a champ thats mainly a counterpick. Is Talon mainly a counterpick?

Maxijazz

06-14-2012

You are on the right track:

Talon is a really good counterpick mid against almost any squishy mage.
Talon usually gets crushed by bruisers top because he has no sustain and is burst. That being said, countering an AP top like Vlad is more than viable.
Talon can snowball pretty hard and is a good pubstomper with a few early kills.

DannyFeola

06-14-2012

I just bought him recently (Assassins Creed Fanboy). What I have discovered, is that if you are playing normal and the person you are laning against ISN'T a tank, you will most likely stomp on them. Just E->Q for harass and maybe W if you want. Some people suggest using W to farm but it is difficult to gauge how much it is going to do and is a waste of mana. He does snowball VERY hard though.

Insípid

06-14-2012

People sleep on talon jungle. Its really good and that E->Q is too stronk with red buff. Aside from that ive played against many tanky tops and won as talon. The idea though is not to go against a non-mana tanky top. ie renekton, lee sin, riven, garen. But olaf, nasus, irelia are meh. silence olaf and he cant E you. In mid u cant win trades till at least lvl 5, but i dnt suggest trading till lvl 6 or 7

OriginalJack

06-14-2012

Talon can also work in bot lane as a part of a kill lane.

Xyanyde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

06-14-2012

I've seen some amazing Talons play bottom with a good support. With an Alistar or Taric support (someone with some beefy CC), Talon can pour out some pretty amazing damage in no time and be a real thorn in their side. A few early kills is all it takes for him to snowball out of control by mid game.